DoomsdayDefense

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I skimmed the earlier thread, as painful as it was, and I came up with an idea: How about the guys in Jerry's corner, rank the GM's they think are worse. Comparatively, those of you who think he's the worst in the business, make a list of those who you think are better.

To make it interesting, provide a little substance. Why's and such.

Here is a list of current GM's, according to everyones favorite source, Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_National_Football_League_staffs

C

Cr122

Jerry's not the worst, but he's close. I think Al Davis and Brown are worse than Jerry is.

Jerry's a great business man, just not when it comes to football decisions. He's made some good decisions, but not many.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I have no idea how you would rank the GM's. How would you even measure them?

so many things go into winning and losing.

Having said that I think Ozzie Newsome is the best. That franchise has seen good coaches and players come and go and have never really solidified their qb position and they constantly have a good team. I think that starts with ozzie newsome.

ranking 2-32 I have no idea. But I would put ozzie newsome at number 1.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Talent acquisition..... Survey says.... #1 answer!

I think there is more to it than that. If it were just simply talent acquisition thousands of people would be great at it.

Everything has to fit together, the talent, the personalities, the coaches. the philosophy, the trainers, the doctors, the facilities and then in all has to come together perfectly just to have a chance to win games on sundays.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I have no idea how you would rank the GM's. How would you even measure them?

I asked that same question the other day, what is the criteria? None of the people really offered an explanation other than "Jerry is the worst"

Reaction score
I can't put my finger on why I like Stephen jones. On the surface youd think we'd all hate him. Born w/ a silver spoon, he's got a large cranium, and a shit-eating grin, and yet, we like him.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I can't put my finger on why I like Stephen jones. On the surface youd think we'd all hate him. Born w/ a silver spoon, he's got a large cranium, and a shit-eating grin, and yet, we like him.

He represents the only real alternative to Jerry.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Good owner, bad GM. He's not a football guy. I once met a guy who worked for the Cowboys and said Jones was hard to work for. Jones would have fired the GM around 1997 if it was someone else. Instead we just kept sputtering along. He just can't get it through his head that he's not a football guy. He never will be.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't like Stephen. This franchise will have to overcome the Jones family in order to win. Not just until Jerry is dead, but probably longer than any of us will live.

The only thing I ever hear about Stephen is what a great salary cap guru he is.

He and his father have us currently $18mil+ over the cap and that product was good enough to win, what, 7 games last year? I can't even remember the teams record last year.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't like Stephen. This franchise will have to overcome the Jones family in order to win. Not just until Jerry is dead, but probably longer than any of us will live.

He and his father have us currently $18mil+ over the cap and that product was good enough to win, what, 7 games last year? I can't even remember the teams record last year.

Part of that is Roy Williams contract, and I bet that trade was all Jerry.

Reaction score

What a dumb fan you are.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

What makes you think Stephen has anything to do with managing our cap? My guess is he has some nerds handling all that while he sips mai-tais in his jacuzzi.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What a dumb fan you are.

I don't remember it either. What was it, 7-9? I don't remember much from last season. PTSD. I saw the Roy Williams fumble against the Saints a few days ago and had flashbacks and nightmares.

Top Bottom