Reaction score
If what I heard on M&M this morning is correct, the new deal will be ratified on Thursday, and teams will have three days to manage their rosters (sign own guys, etc) before Free Agency opens a week from today.

With that in mind... how would you rank the NFL, based on what we know now?

1. Green Bay Packers - No comment needed
2. Pittsburgh Steelers - No comment needed
3. New England Patriots - Greatest coach in NFL history, and arguably the best QB's in the league.
4. New Orleans Saints - Really like the coaching and QB here as well.
5. Baltimore Ravens - Aggressive defense and dominant running game.
6. Indianapolis Colts - Will always contend with Peyton, but they need to get him help for one last push.
7. Atlanta Falcons - Not that high on them this year. Think Julio trade was a mistake, ignoring other needs.
8. New York Jets - They have a winning formula, but have to keep the core intact. Losing Santonio would be huge.
9. Dallas Cowboys - Finished last year strong. Love the coaching here on both sides of the ball. Re-signing Free is a must. Romo with an offensive line and our weapons will be scary. Ware with a creative defensive coordinator will be scarier. 20 sacks again?
10. Detroit Lions - If Stafford can stay healthy, I think they'll push the Pakcers for the division.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think this is the year we see a number of new teams start playing well. Some of these other teams that we have come to expect to do well I think are going to struggle some and I wont be surprised at all if teams like New England and Indy dont even make the playoffs.

That said, I want to see how free agency pans out before I start making alot of predictions.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I can't see Atlanta doing all that well. I think their defense and run game might struggle and Matt Ryan doesn't have it to carry the team yet. Possible down year for Baltimore too, just see that coming. Houston could be ridiculously good. So could Tampa Bay if Jaaaaiiiisssshhhhh Freeman takes off.

Cythim

Reaction score
Baltimore was near the bottom of the league at 3.8 yards per carry. They have some names but I wouldn't call them dominant. Atlanta's run game took a step backward last year as well.

I think people are too high on Detroit. St Louis will be the better team.

Reaction score
It wouldn't suprise me if the Jets, Falcons, or Colts missed the playoffs.

Last years suprise teams, Tampa Bay and Kansas City, won't be worth much, IMO.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If what I heard on M&M this morning is correct, the new deal will be ratified on Thursday, and teams will have three days to manage their rosters (sign own guys, etc) before Free Agency opens a week from today.

3. New England Patriots - Greatest coach in NFL history, and arguably the best QB's in the league.
6. Indianapolis Colts - Will always contend with Peyton, but they need to get him help for one last push.
7. Atlanta Falcons - Not that high on them this year. Think Julio trade was a mistake, ignoring other needs.
8. New York Jets - They have a winning formula, but have to keep the core intact. Losing Santonio would be huge.
9. Dallas Cowboys - Finished last year strong. Love the coaching here on both sides of the ball. Re-signing Free is a must. Romo with an offensive line and our weapons will be scary. Ware with a creative defensive coordinator will be scarier. 20 sacks again?
10. Detroit Lions - If Stafford can stay healthy, I think they'll push the Pakcers for the division.

I agree with all but the Cowboys and Lions. They got to be bumped in favor of the Chargers and Eagles--for now. I'd have the Cowboys at #11, and a wait and see with the Lions.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score

lol Whats got into you? As of right now we're not even better than the Giants or Eagles in our own division.

Reaction score
lol Whats got into you? As of right now we're not even better than the Giants or Eagles in our own division.

We weren't last year. But I think we will be this year.

I'll be honest with you... I don't have a strong opinion about either the Eagles or Giants this coming year, and I could understand if anyone argued (perhaps rightfully so) that they're the better team now. But do that in your prediction. It's not mine.

I think Garrett is really going to have this team well prepared. And I think Rob Ryan is going to have more tools in his toolbox than he ever has before.

Also, I'm not sure what to make of the Eagles moving an OL coach to DC. Seems either boom or bust.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We weren't last year. But I think we will be this year.

I'll be honest with you... I don't have a strong opinion about either the Eagles or Giants this coming year, and I could understand if anyone argued (perhaps rightfully so) that they're the better team now. But do that in your prediction. It's not mine.

I think Garrett is really going to have this team well prepared. And I think Rob Ryan is going to have more tools in his toolbox than he ever has before.

Also, I'm not sure what to make of the Eagles moving an OL coach to DC. Seems either boom or bust.

I forgot about this. Good point. I'm not reall7y msold on the Eagles, but to avoid looking like a homer, is why I put them in there. I just got to remember that we don't have Wade anymore, and that right there was an improvement.

sbk92

Reaction score
Will probably change after FA....

1. Pittsburgh
2. Green Bay
3. New England
4. Atlanta
5. N.Y. Jets
6. Philadelphia
7. Indianapolis
8. Baltimore
9. San Diego
10. New Orleans

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
1. New Orleans
2. New England
3. Green Bay
4. San Diego
5. Houston
6. Indy
7. Dallas
8. Baltimore
9. Atlanta
10. NY Jets

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Up til Indy snuck into the playoffs by playing in a bad division last season it had been like 832 years in a row that the team that lost the Super Bowl missed the playoffs the following season.

lrnurhistory dude.

sbk92

Reaction score
Up til Indy snuck into the playoffs by playing in a bad division last season it had been like 832 years in a row that the team that lost the Super Bowl missed the playoffs the following season.

lrnurhistory dude.

So you're saying the Steelers won't make the playoffs?

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Pretty sure I phrased it correctly the first time, so that you didn't have to rephrase it into some sort of leading question.

I don't think Pittsburgh is a top ten team. They may sneak into the playoffs because they play in a division with Cleveland and Cincy, but I don't think they're on of the ten best teams in the league. Which is what this thread is about. Which is what you took issue with.

Yeah, the Steelers aren't a top 10 team.

Which is what I replied to.

sbk92

Reaction score
Pretty sure I phrased it correctly the first time, so that you didn't have to rephrase it into some sort of leading question.

I don't think Pittsburgh is a top ten team. They may sneak into the playoffs because they play in a division with Cleveland and Cincy, but I don't think they're on of the ten best teams in the league. Which is what this thread is about. Which is what you took issue with.

Which is what I replied to.

Wow. Trying to be witty.

But you have Baltimore in the top 10, Einstein. So they would win the division. That would leave Pittsburgh, not a top 10 team, battling for a wild card. Against other "better" teams like Indy or Houston, New England or the Jets.

Is the AFC North a weak step child in the AFC? Is that the nonsense I'm supposed to believe? Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cincinnati and Cleveland is worse than San Diego, Denver, Kansas City and Oakland? Or New England, N.Y. Jets, Miami and Buffalo?

Give me a break. You just can't stand the Steelers have 6. And your child-like mind got even in your crayon constructed power ranking.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Really wouldnt be shocking IMO. They didnt make the playoffs in 2009. Their OL definitely isnt overwhelming and they have a questionable secondary. Two of their four LB's are getting pretty old.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Give me a break. You just can't stand the Steelers have 6. And your child-like mind got even in your crayon constructed power ranking.

Nobody can stand the fact that of the 6, 2 or 3 are definitely tainted by questionable officiating.

Last edited:

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wow. Trying to be witty.

But you have Baltimore in the top 10, Einstein. So they would win the division. That would leave Pittsburgh, not a top 10 team, battling for a wild card. Against other "better" teams like Indy or Houston, New England or the Jets.

Is the AFC North a weak step child in the AFC? Is that the nonsense I'm supposed to believe? Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cincinnati and Cleveland is worse than San Diego, Denver, Kansas City and Oakland? Or New England, N.Y. Jets, Miami and Buffalo?

wtf? You asked me if Pitt was a top 10 team. I said no, they might make the playoffs but they're not top 10. Then you posted this rambling mess, which doesn't have an ounce of logical rebuttal in it, but is rather just a "ur jealous" post.

Do you have parkinsons or something?

Top Bottom