sbk92

Reaction score
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 20th 2011 10:35AM

'Jackass' star Ryan Dunn died early Monday in a Pennsylvania car crash, police confirmed. April Margera, the mother of a fellow 'Jackass' dare devil, Bam Margera, told a local radio station and later TMZ that Dunn was killed in the car wreck that also left one other, who has yet to be identified, dead. He was 34.

"Today I lost my brother Ryan Dunn," said 'Jackass' boss Johnny Knoxville in a statement. "My heart goes out to his family and his beloved Angie. RIP Ryan , I love you buddy."

The Morning Freak Show on 96.1 is reporting that Dunn was at the wheel when his 2007 Porsche careened over the road's guardrail and into the woods before bursting into flames. The collision occurred at roughly 3:00 AM Monday morning on Pennsylvania's Route 322.

"Ryan was a wonderful person he really was the sweetest and nicest guy -- he was like my extra son, everybody loved him," April Margera told Radar Online.

Margera has not been able to reach her son, one of Dunn's best friends, as he is currently traveling in Arizona. She also mentioned that Dunn's longtime girlfriend is not taking any calls and has turned off her phone.

A photo of the charred wreckage was posted on Twitter, apparently by the towing company. They were quickly taken down but uploaded on Flickr. The images show the extent of the fire that engulfed the vehicle.

Just hours before his death, Dunn tweeted a photo of himself and two pals -- documenting their night out, beer and cigarette in hand.

Although it has not yet been officially confirmed who was driving when it crashed or the cause of the accident, Chief Deputy Coroner David Garner told Chester County's Daily Local News that there was only one vehicle involved in the crash.

"Preliminary investigation revealed that speed may have been a contributing factor to the accident," police said in a press release. At this time, the report also categorizes the incident as an 'Auto Accident' rather than a 'DUI.'

Both bodies suffered severe burns in the wreck, and emergency responders could not immediately identify them, but police have confirmed that one of the victims was Dunn. The identity of Dunn's passenger will be revealed pending autopsy results due out later today.

In between projects with 'Jackass,' the fun-loving stuntman appeared regularly in spin-offs like 'Viva La Bam' and 'Bam's Unholy Union,' later launching his own MTV show, 'Home Wrecker' and appearing in films such as 'Haggard' and 'A Halfway House Christmas.'

Reaction score
I never got into the Jackass movies, outside of seeing the first one in the theatre. Never watched any of the following ones, or any of the television shows.

This guy was a family friend of someone I knew. The guy who died in the car with him was one of my buddies groomsmen.

Ironic that a guy who shoved a toy car up his butt ultimately died in an automobile accident.

Top Bottom