CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Boomer Easison, ex NFL Quarterback who co-hosts a morning sports program on WFAN radio program out of New York, stated this morning that he is very confident that a deal is close because he has talked too a couple of sources with INTIMATE knowledge in the meetings that he trusts that a deal between the owners and players is 80-85% complete with regards to the major issues and that there will be an 18 game season but not right away. He said a deal will be done soon....

audio
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/?podcas...r+&+Carton&station_id=91&tag=&dcid=CBS.NY

Thanks to Quest for six on another site for this.

Reaction score
I can't believe those idiots caved in on the 18 game schedule but whatever hurry up and start the league.(FA)

Reaction score
While I'd prefer it remain 16 games, I'm not going to lose too much sleep over the two additional games.

I hope something was agreed to that will eliminate the ridiculous rookie contracts, specifically in the top 10.

And I hope, although I know its highly unlikely, that the player told Goodell to shove overseas games up his ass.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
While I'd prefer it remain 16 games, I'm not going to lose too much sleep over the two additional games.

I hope something was agreed to that will eliminate the ridiculous rookie contracts, specifically in the top 10.
And I hope, although I know its highly unlikely, that the player told Goodell to shove overseas games up his ass.

The money is a huge deal to the players so I doubt it.

sbk92

Reaction score
They met several times secretly the last two weeks. I wouldn't doubt they're close.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
He has to do better than 2 sources though. Unless only 3 people are conducting the negotiations.

Cythim

Reaction score
After the deal is done every fan should get a free dick punch to Goodell and that clown leading the player's union.

sbk92

Reaction score
After the deal is done every fan should get a free dick punch to Goodell and that clown leading the player's union.

So you're saying if you can touch their dicks, you're willing to forgive?

Cythim

Reaction score
So you're saying if you can touch their dicks, you're willing to forgive?

No, if I can cause them great pain I am willing to forgive.

edit: and here I thought the gay references were bob's domain.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score

It is important to players. But the opposite side of the spectrum on this debate im willing to bet most vets are on. Veterans have voiced their opinions of top rookies making more than them already. Not too happy about it

Reaction score

Actually the players agreed early in all this that the rookie money had to be decreased. Some of the rookie salaries have been ridiculous. I don't think a rookie wage scale will be anything that holds up a deal.

Reaction score
Actually the players agreed early in all this that the rookie money had to be decreased. Some of the rookie salaries have been ridiculous. I don't think a rookie wage scale will be anything that holds up a deal.

I hope not.

The #1 pick shouldn't be a curse (other than, you know, the team sucking and all). But there should be a market for it. It should hold some value. And teams should be able to draft the best player available, and be forced into making a QB selection based solely in trying to justify the financial demands that comes with the pick.

Reaction score
I hope not.

The #1 pick shouldn't be a curse (other than, you know, the team sucking and all). But there should be a market for it. It should hold some value. And teams should be able to draft the best player available, and be forced into making a QB selection based solely in trying to justify the financial demands that comes with the pick.

You really don't think there really needs to be a rookie scale? Or that people wouldn't still covet the number 1 pick or high picks in the draft? Please.. all its doing its preventing rookies from making ridiculous salaries right off the bat. Its common sense.

Cythim

Reaction score
You really don't think there really needs to be a rookie scale? Or that people wouldn't still covet the number 1 pick or high picks in the draft? Please.. all its doing its preventing rookies from making ridiculous salaries right off the bat. Its common sense.

I think he was agreeing with you. You said "I don't think rookie blah blah will hold up a deal" and he said "I hope not" as in he hopes you are right that it will not hold up a deal.

Reaction score
I think he was agreeing with you. You said "I don't think rookie blah blah will hold up a deal" and he said "I hope not" as in he hopes you are right that it will not hold up a deal.

lol

You're right. Didn't get enough sleep last night.

C

Cr122

They probably have another two weeks or so to iron it all out.

I said all a long it would go until at least early or mid July.

It's looking like a deal will get done before that. I just can't wait to see the full details of the agreement. I'm guessing the players are caving in more than the owners at this point.

sbk92

Reaction score
Nah. No way. If a deal gets done right now it'll be because they met somewhere in the middle. Both sides are making concessions.

The players aren't really losing any money yet. Only when they do will they get really desperate and cave.

Top Bottom