Galian Beast

Spectator
Reaction score
Essentially erase the last few years of bad contracts.

I think most of us want Asomugha, but the only way we get him is if the year is uncapped.

Getting rid of contracts like Davis, Williams and Barber will be hard in a capped year.

So regardless of your position on the disputes if you're a cowboys fan you should really hope that the players win in the short term and that the lockout is lifted by the courts.

Otherwise Jerry's hand's will be tied by an already bloated pay roll.

No CBA though will probably prevent us from getting Michael Huff.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think the only downside would be that Huff might still be a RFA or some such nonsense since hes played 5 years.

The Raiders have payed out a ton of monies to Stanfrad Routt and some other guy so they could trade him. Michael Bush is a FA. Bennet and Chocie for Huff

Reaction score
That's a really good question, but I think the answer is Jerry felt like we had the right team in place. It was a very poor decision.

Oh yeah, we were going to win the SB since it was in Dallas. At least we came close.

sbk92

Reaction score
He constantly overrates his talent.

Probably because he can't evaluate it.

Reaction score
I disagree that we all want Ashomunga.

And I'd hate to lose out on landing Huff.

I'd be fine no matter what happens, really.

Galian Beast

Spectator
Reaction score
The secondary collapsed against the Vikings and so did the offensive line, we made no real adjustments...

Reaction score
If its an uncapped year he is a pure upgrade over Newman.

If it's uncapped, it won't be for long. As in, maybe one year.

Listen, top flight corners get paid ridiculous amounts of money. Nate Freakin' Clements signed for 80 mil.

He's 30.

I just don't like it.

Reaction score
Roy Williams $12M type number is coming off the year after next. Leonard Davis, Igor, Newman etc. all are coming off the books soon

sbk92

Reaction score
Roy Williams $12M type number is coming off the year after next. Leonard Davis, Igor, Newman etc. all are coming off the books soon

Doesn't mean we should waste ridiculous money on a 30 year old cornerback.

Reaction score
Once your bad contracts burn off you can have the same dollar amount going to a sure thing top #2 CB in the league. He will be 30 when the league year starts.....ok. So he starts to slow down in 3 or 4 years. At which point it may become a bad contract. The same bad contract Newman has that seems get out-able

Galian Beast

Spectator
Reaction score
Just because this year may be uncapped, does not mean next year will be too.

Next year doesnt need to be uncapped. You front load the salary into this year, that offsets the overall size of the contract. He wouldn't need to cost much more than Newman in coming years.

sbk92

Reaction score
But we shouldn't aspire to carry an over 30 cornerback with a contract like Terence Newman.

You corner whores still don't get it. You don't win that way.

Top Bottom