sbk92

Reaction score
[video=youtube;HWb6uFhzE-w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWb6uFhzE-w[/video]

Scouts Inc's 4th rated FB.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
At his size he is more of an H-back than a true FB. We could have thrown Phillips back into that role once healthy. Everything I have read on Chapas isn't all that enamored with his blocking skills.

sbk92

Reaction score
At his size he is more of an H-back than a true FB. We could have thrown Phillips back into that role once healthy. Everything I have read on Chapas isn't all that enamored with his blocking skills.

Well that's the thing. He can't be an H-back because he doesn't run well. He's a traditional lead blocker FB.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Well that's the thing. He can't be an H-back because he doesn't run well. He's a traditional lead blocker FB.

We have thrown a lot of shat against the wall at that position since Moose departed. Might as well see if he sticks.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

He wont be an H-back, but he is much more versatile than someone like Deon Anderson or the guy we had before him.

Am a UGA and see most of their games. I really like this guy. He can block, he is an excellent receiver and he can run well enough that teams have to at least worry that if he's in the game, we might actually throw to him.

I think he'll make a big difference in the short yardage and GL offense, and he's also a very good special team player.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

He really is a true FB, he's been playing a prostyle I-formation offense at Georgia his whole career. Richt is a big believer in utilizing the FB in his offense.

He's gonna be a really good fit for our offense.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We don't employ the traditional fullback a lot in this offense, so H-back may be his role.

He's a true FB. Its what he's been doing at Georgia his whole time there.

They kept 3 RB's, 3 TE's and a FB on the roster every year from 2007-2009. They'll do it again this yr.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
He's a true FB. Its what he's been doing at Georgia his whole time there.

They kept 3 RB's, 3 TE's and a FB on the roster every year from 2007-2009. They'll do it again this yr.

They hardly use the FB. It's not just a role that Garrett incorporates much into the offense.

Top Bottom