sbk92

Reaction score
Sticky, please.

I'm really hoping we have a nice three days where we can actually be excited about what we do for a change.

Nothing sucks worse than putting in all the time and effort of following the draft process, the months of mocks and stock watch, and then have your team screw it all up once the clock starts.

I'm never about drafting positions. I think that's something you hope to do. Not something you make a point to do. But with the offensive line so weak and so many positions on the field along that line, it would be a clusterfork if we don't walk away on Saturday without at least adding two significant OL prospects.

We love to talk our way out of an offensive lineman. And somehow always find a way to add a corner. That needs to stop this week.

sbk92

Reaction score
WARROOM3_13943369.jpg

Reaction score
With the 6th selection in the NFL draft, the Dallas Cowboy select... Patrick Peterson, LSU.

4003646768_80eb679ef9.jpg

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
To move up from 9 to 6 would only cost us our 3rd rounder according to the DVC. Just sayin' . . .

sbk92

Reaction score
To move up from 9 to 6 would only cost us our 3rd rounder according to the DVC. Just sayin' . . .

Oh, only our 3rd, eh?

Well that changes everything. Let me use my top 10 pick and a 3rd rounder on another cornerback who won't matter jack when the games are played.

We tried it with Newman. Failed. Tried it with Jenkins. Failed. How many f'n times do we need to make the same mistake before we learn from it?

sbk92

Reaction score
And it's not like those guys are busts. They're just cornerbacks. They don't matter when your front seven's flawed.

That is by far the worst possible outcome to this draft. You might as well give the picks away. It's that wasteful.

Reaction score
I just want to say to the 2 black guys on the forum that I would rather be black anyway. My cousin is like 14 and I can already tell he is going to be jacked up w/o having to touch a dumbbell.

As for Peterson there is a reason 32 teams are drooling over him.

sbk92

Reaction score
This just in. 32 teams are drooling over Patrick Peterson.

This is coming from the sissy who couldn't tolerate 5 hour first rounds.

Reaction score
I love the misguided notion that corners don't matter.

Corners are some of the most well paid and sought after players in the league. It's said time and time again that you can't have enough good ones.

Will a dominant pass rush mask holes in the secondary? Of course, but only about 2 teams a year can generate a consistantly dominant pass rush.

This is a passing league. Rules are shifting yearly to favor offenses. Many offenses favor a three step drop and hot routes to counter pass rushes.

You need corners.

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'd rather trade back, address the line, and snag another pick or two. But Patrick Peterson is a monster. He's an absolute stud, and the best corner prospect to come out in years.

Giving up a third to land him, considering he's at a position of need for us, really is not that big a deal.

In fact, I kinda hope we do it just so sbk92 can rant and rave for the next 8-10 years like he has with TNew.

lol

sbk92

Reaction score
The more I think about it and the closer we get to Thursday the more I want to just trade down and accumulate picks. Then throw numbers at the OL.

I wouldn't be against 4 or 5 offensive linemen in a 10 or 11 player class.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
The more I think about it and the closer we get to Thursday the more I want to just trade down and accumulate picks. Then throw numbers at the OL.

I wouldn't be against 4 or 5 offensive linemen in a 10 or 11 player class.

Wow. I said this to a buddy the other day. I have a sinking feeling that O-line won't be addressed until the 3rd round. I told my friend I'd rather get a few more picks and I'd be fine if we spent most picks on the line. Just throw a ton of shat at the wall and hope to luck your way to at least two potential starters along the O-line.

sbk92

Reaction score
Wow. I said this to a buddy the other day. I have a sinking feeling that O-line won't be addressed until the 3rd round. I told my friend I'd rather get a few more picks and I'd be fine if we spent most picks on the line. Just throw a ton of shat at the wall and hope to luck your way to at least two potential starters along the O-line.

Yeah. Like say you land Castanzo in the 1st, but you also take a Carpenter or Brewer later. Maybe you add a G in the first four rounds as well and finish up with a C prospect in the 6th or 7th. Something like that.

I wouldn't just draft one T and assume you're good at that position.

pdom

UDFA
Reaction score
Since when has the 'f' word been banned?

We're gonna need it for this week.

Can we get a three-day reprieve?

Last edited:
Top Bottom