Reaction score
Dez Bryant sued for $246,000 in jewelry

Posted by Mike Florio on March 28, 2011, 3:11 PM EDT

As Rosenthal pointed out this morning, Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant may shop wherever he wants to shop.

But it’s important that he pay for whatever he buys.

PFT has learned that Bryant has been sued by a jeweler who allegedly produced several custom items for Bryant in 2010. Per the complaint filed today in the District Court of Dallas, Texas, A+A Diamonds, Ltd. d/b/a Rafaello & Co. alleges that Bryant received $267,000 worth of jewelry — and that he has paid only $21,000.

This means that (abacus engaged) Bryant owes $246,000.

Bryant allegedly made multiple purchases, before and after the 2010 draft. On January 22, 2010, he bought $75,000 worth of jewelry. On February 8, 2010, he made a whopping $144,000 purchase, including a $60,000 custom charm. On February 16, 2010, he purchased $25,000 more in jewelry. On May 24, 2010, Bryant purchased a $23,000 diamond bracelet.

Attached to the complaint are a purchase order supposedly signed by Bryant, along with the various invoices.

Bryant signed a contract last year with $8.5 million in guaranteed money, so he can afford to pay his bills. It’s unclear why he hasn’t.

Bryant lost a $50,000 earring during a game against the Giants. A security guard found the item. The incident came a day after Bryant tweeted a picture of a diamond-encrusted necklace with his number, 88. “I had to show the world my 88 necklace,” Bryant said at the time.

Apparently, he has yet to feel a similar compulsion to show Rafaello & Company the money for it

Reaction score
:frustrate

I feel the same.....He's officially starting to annoy me. He needs to realize who he plays for.

The media is gonna make him our next T.O.

Immature or not he's f'in stupid to keep up with this silliness

Last edited:
C

Cr122

I feel the same.....He's officially starting to annoy me. He needs to realize who he plays for.

This lockout just makes it even worse. What's next, he goes into the library and slaps the Librarian.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

+1 on this. But I am also tired of these bitch reporters making a story out of everything. How does a grown man walk behind a kid---sort of speak, and then go run and tell it that so-and-so did this? NEWSFLASH! Dez took a crap and forgot to flush!

sbk92

Reaction score
Complete moron.

Just purchasing that kind of jewelry makes you an idiot.

Reaction score
I have more of a issue with him not paying it or not making sure arrangements were made so the store wouldn't run to the media/courts. It's none of my business how a 22 year old spends the first money he's ever seen. I'm sure I would have bought some things I didn't need too.

Then again no I wouldn't, I'm too stingy.lol

sbk92

Reaction score
I have more of a issue with him not paying it or not making sure arrangements were made so the store wouldn't run to the media/courts. It's none of my business how a 22 year old spends the first money he's ever seen. I'm sure I would have bought some things I didn't need too.

Then again no I wouldn't, I'm too stingy.lol

I have more of an issue that he purchased a quarter of a million dollars in jewerly to begin with.

This guy is trouble. It's just a matter of when and what.

Reaction score
2 suits say Dez Bryant owes over $500,000 for jewelry, tickets

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...ant-owes-over-500000-for-jewelry-tickets-.ece

Dallas Cowboys rookie wide receiver Dez Bryant has been named in two lawsuits claiming he owes more than a half-million dollars for custom jewelry and pro football and basketball tickets.

According to papers filed Friday in Dallas County, a New York jeweler claims that Bryant has not paid $240,000 for several pieces of jewelry he ordered on four invoices from January to May 2010. He was drafted by the Cowboys in the first round on April 22.

Also, new motions were filed last week in a 2010 Tarrant County lawsuit that claims Bryant has not paid for $293,000 worth of jewelry and $12,350 worth of sporting event tickets he charged before the Cowboys drafted him.

Bryant could not be reached for comment Monday.

His adviser and friend David Wells, of DeSoto, declined to comment and referred questions to state Sen. Royce West, D-Dallas, an attorney, who did not answer messages left at his Austin and Dallas offices.

The Dallas County lawsuit was filed on behalf of A+A Diamonds in New York, doing business as Rafaello & Co.

Mike Bowers, a Dallas lawyer who represents Rafaello & Co., said Monday that the lawsuit was filed after collection efforts failed.

“My client’s counsel in New York has been trying for at least six months to get him to pay,” said Bowers, with the firm of Bell Nunnally & Martin. “We still would obviously like to have a satisfactory resolution to this outside of a trial.”

Bryant was billed $267,000 for “eight to 10” pieces, Bowers said, but he has paid only $21,000. The lawyer said the pieces were all diamond-encrusted, one of a religious nature and one incorporating Bryant’s name and area code.

“I think our lawsuit puts it in crystal-clear context,” Bowers said. “My client would like to get paid.”

Rafaello & Co.’s website claims as custom jewelry customers Jamie Foxx, Alicia Keys, Carmelo Anthony of the New York Knicks, and other athletes and entertainers.

In the Tarrant County case filed in September, Eleow Hunt of Colleyville said he sold $293,000 worth of jewelry and $12,350 worth of sporting event tickets to Bryant on credit after Wells asked him to, beginning in late December 2008 or early January 2009.

Bryant was on suspension from the Oklahoma State University football program for most of the 2009 season, but Hunt said he knew Bryant was a highly rated NFL prospect and was likely to get a big contract and signing bonus in the 2010 draft.

Hunt said in court filings that Wells had earlier asked him to sell jewelry on credit to another college football player, who did pay him for the purchases after being drafted into the pros.

Hunt also names Wells as a co-signer on several of Bryant’s credit jewelry purchases and says Wells has repaid only $11,000 of $26,000 in personal loans from Hunt.

In his affidavit, Hunt says Wells told him another player had severed his relationship with Wells and he was afraid that might scare Bryant off, too.

Hunt said Wells told him, “He needed the jewelry, tickets and loan money to show Bryant that he could perform as his agent and to keep him from listening to other agents’ offers.”

Wells does not officially represent Bryant, whose agent is Eugene Parker of Fort Wayne, Ind.

New motions were filed in the case last week, with Bryant and Wells’ attorneys seeking a change of venue to Dallas County and Hunt’s attorneys arguing against a move.

Attorney Beth Ann Blackwood, who represents Hunt, could not be reached for comment.

Attorney Veretta Frazier, who represents Bryant and Wells in the Tarrant County case, also could not be reached for comment.

Bryant signed a five-year deal last year with the Dallas Cowboys for $11.8 million, $8.3 million of that guaranteed. He earned $2.8 million last season in signing bonus, roster bonus and salary. He is due to earn $1.1 million in 2011 but is not being paid now because NFL players are paid each week during the season.

Bryant’s contract calls for a $1 million roster bonus on the fifth day of the 2011 league year. Normally, that would have been March 9, but with the NFL lockout, it’s not clear when that date will fall this year.

Bryant also drew attention recently after he was issued a criminal trespass warning March 19 at NorthPark Center. He and his friends allegedly created a disturbance after being asked to pull up their sagging pants.

Staff writer Gerry Fraley contributed to this report.

Reaction score
I bet these kids don't appreciate this.

diamond-mining.jpg

63echo

Reaction score
Didn't this knucklehead also lose a $100k (or whatever) earring on the field as well? Dude's about as senseless as they come. And I'm with SBK...I get the feeling that it's not if, but when, Dez gets himself into serious trouble. You can't be that irresponsible and not invite that kind of shit to your doorstep.

As a grown man and a working stiff who doesn't make that kind of money in 3 years, let alone blow it in an afternoon on stupid crap, I just want to slap some sense into these guys.

Reaction score
Didn't this knucklehead also lose a $100k (or whatever) earring on the field as well? Dude's about as senseless as they come. And I'm with SBK...I get the feeling that it's not if, but when, Dez gets himself into serious trouble. You can't be that irresponsible and not invite that kind of shit to your doorstep.

You'll be waiting a while.

He's not going to get in any serious trouble.

As a grown man and a working stiff who doesn't make that kind of money in 3 years, let alone blow it in an afternoon on stupid crap, I just want to slap some sense into these guys.

Come at me bro. - Dez

dez-bryant-2.jpg

Top Bottom