Reaction score
Posted by jellis at 3/23/2011 3:47 PM CDT

As Rob wrote in a blog post yesterday, Jerry Jones revealed he has already had interest in the No. 9 overall pick in next month's draft. Two teams curious about the cost of trading up have called the Cowboys, the owner said.

Who might those be, you have to wonder? In all likelihood, it's a team interested in moving up ahead of the Washington Redskins, who pick 10th. This is hardly scientific, but perhaps we can make some educated guesses based on Washington's needs, and which teams would have similar interests on the night of April 28.

For the most part, I think mock drafters build consensus by looking on the paper of other mock drafters, but anyway, the internets seem to believe Washington will attempt to target a wide receiver, quarterback or pass-rusher.

Guys like Cam Newton, Julio Jones and North Carolina's Robert Quinn are often projected to be available when the Cowboys go on the clock. So which teams down the board might be interested? Well, there are a lot.

How about Minnesota, picking 12th, with needs for both wide receiver and quarterback. The St. Louis Rams, picking No. 14 overall, don't need a quarteback, but they do need a big-time receiver for Sam Bradford, and maybe a pass-rusher. New England could have use for a wide receiver or a pass rusher, and they have plenty of ammo if they want to move up, owning picks 17, 28, 33 and 60 in the first two rounds.

How far would you feel comfortable with the Cowboys trading down in Round 1?

Reaction score
I could see Minnesota or St Louis trading up, and I'd be a fan of trading down slightly.

I think we could still get a talented player a few spots lower than where we currently draft, and I'd love to get another 3rd rounder or so.

sbk92

Reaction score
It's not really New England's style to package picks and move up.

I think Minnesota's the most likely scenario.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's not really New England's style to package picks and move up.

I think Minnesota's the most likely scenario.

Somewhere in the last few days I saw Belichick's numbers of trade ups and trade downs since he took over in NE, and the trade up numbers were much higher than I thought they would be.

With 6 picks in the first 3 rounds and their needs quite obvious (WR, pass rusher, 3-4 DE) I could see them being pretty aggressive this yr, especially with free agency in question.

Cythim

Reaction score
You obviously don't know what the Patriots need. Their RG retired and their LT is getting old. I don't know what kind of depth they have but OL is an obvious must for the Patriots. For a WR they are better off going with Torrey in the 2nd round instead of moving up for a WR several teams will be after. This draft is deep in DE/OLB talent so there is no need to move up for one of those either. They have already signed Marcus Stroud so the hole isn't as big as it seems.

Top Bottom