sbk92

Reaction score
If you disagree, you're wrong. Quitsies. No anti-quitsies, no startsies.

Round 1
1. Carolina Panthers - Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri
The best time to make a move at QB as a new head coach is your first year while you still have a little bit of a grace period. Clausen belongs to the last regime.

2. Denver Broncos - Nick Fairley DT Auburn
Slides right in at end as the key piece to the Broncos' new front seven.

3. Buffalo Bills - Cam Newton QB Auburn
Gailey can't pass up on the athletic potential. A pick I expect them to regret in the future.

4. Cincinnati Bengals - Patrick Peterson CB LSU
The Bengals nab the top player on their board and worry about fit later. A potential move to safety down the road.

5. Arizona Cardinals - Von Miller OLB Texas A&M
The Cards enter the draft with two thoughts on their first pick. A QB or an edge rusher. The two QBs are gone, the pass rush gets addressed.

6. Cleveland Browns - A.J. Green WR Georgia
You can't expect McCoy to develop without a true lead receiver. The defense needs a ton of attention but this is just too much value to ignore.

7. San Francisco 49ers - Robert Quinn OLB North Carolina
The most gifted pass rusher in the draft. But he's got a year of inactivity and a brain tumor being monitored. A boom or bust selection.

8. Tennessee Titans - Da'Quan Bowers DE Clemson
They have serious needs (QB, interior OL) that can't be met with this pick without reaching. They instead stick to their board and nab the mini-sliding Bowers.

9. Dallas Cowboys - Marcell Dareus DT Alabama
Gives the Cowboys much needed size and some playmaking ability along the interior. Maybe freeing up Ratliff to move to end.

10. Washington Redskins - Jake Locker QB Washington
I can't shake the feeling the Redskins are in love with the player. They might do this deal in a trade down, but trading isn't an option in this mock. Shanahan will take on the challenge of getting Locker to play to his ability. It's the Chris Berman "whoooa!" moment of the draft.

11. Houston Texans - Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska
The Texans have needs across the board on defense. Amukamara's a start to the transition to Wade Phillips' 3-4.

12. Minnesota Vikings - J.J. Watt DE Wisconsin
The QB desperate Vikings show board discipline here and add much needed help to an aging defensive line.

13. Detroit Lions - Aldon Smith DE Missouri
Suh gets a partner in crime to terrorize NFC North QBs. Smith is a 4-3 end, not a 3-4 OLB.

14. St. Louis Rams - Julio Jones WR Alabama
I can't imagine this pick would take long to make, as the Rams get their target. In order for Bradford to take the next step, he needs better weapons.

15. Miami Dolphins - Mark Ingram RB Alabama
I'd like to be more clever but this just makes too much sense. The only 1st round worthy RB goes to the team most in need of one. I'd imagine Jeff Ireland has learned from passing on Steven Jackson.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars - Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue
The Jags must address the pass rush. They can't count on Kampman being healthy next year. Kerrigan is a Jack Del Rio type player.

17. New England Patriots (Oakland) - Tyron Smith T USC
An aging offensive line is in need of a makeover. Smith is the premier LT prospect in this draft. Enough value to bypass the defensive needs.

18. San Diego Chargers - Corey Liuget DT Illinois
A number of players in the front seven are free agents. The Chargers feel they got the same player here as the Broncos and Cowboys did in the top 10.

19. New York Giants - Muhammad Wilkerson DT Temple
The top interior pass rusher in the draft could pay big dividends playing with Tuck and Umenyiora. This pick would mean the decision to sign Chris Canty to a healthy free agent deal was a bad one.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA
With the offense finally showing signs of life, the attention switches over to the defense. The versatile Ayers is a nice start. Best cover LB in the draft.

21. Kansas City Chiefs - Phil Taylor DT Baylor
When you're that big, strong and athletic, you don't get out of the first round. The Chiefs have found their nose tackle.

22. Indianapolis Colts - Nate Solder T Colorado
A bigger emphasis has to be placed on protecting Manning in the back half of his career. He's made a career out of making average lineman look good. That's too much to ask of a QB who will be 35 next season.

23. Philadelphia Eagles - Gabe Carimi T Wisconsin
Fits like a glove on the right side of the offensive line. A quick fan favorite.

24. New Orleans Saints - Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa
They need several upgrades to their defensive line.

25. Seattle Seahawks - Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas
The Seahawks know any chance of adding a significant prospect at QB will be gone by the time they pick again in the 2nd round.

26. Baltimore Ravens - Justin Houston OLB Georgia
If you can get Terrell Suggs blocked, the Ravens have no other option outside. That has to change.

27. Atlanta Falcons - Dontay Moch OLB Nevada
Without a top 4-3 end pass rushing prospect on the board, the Falcons address their need at OLB. With the possiblity of moving Moch to end on passing downs. John Abraham's getting long in the tooth.

28. New England Patriots - Cameron Jordan DE California
The Patriots really miss Richard Seymour.

29. Chicago Bears - Anthony Castonzo T Boston College
Protecting Cutler is priority #1 this offseason. Costanzo is the kind of effort player Bears fans will appreciate.

30. New York Jets - Cameron Heyward DE Ohio St.
Again, another team that needs a pressure player that just isn't there. They also need a DE. Heyward is great value at this point.

31. Pittsburgh Steelers - Mike Pouncey C/G Florida
Roethlisberger can't continue to take that kind of pounding. I expect multiple picks to protect him this year. They go back to the Pouncey well that worked for them last year.

32. Green Bay Packers - Danny Watkins G Baylor
The Champs are in the same position. A great franchise QB being molested behind a shoddy offensive line. I don't ever remember a Super Bowl matchup with two teams so suspect in protection. Watkins comes ready to play at 26 years of age.

Round 2
33. New England Patriots (Carolina) - Jimmy Smith CB Colorado
34. Buffalo Bills - Derek Sherrod T Mississippi St.
35. Cincinnati Bengals - Martez Wilson ILB Illinois
36. Denver Broncos - Rahim Moore S UCLA
37. Cleveland Browns - Stephen Paea DT Oregon St.
38. Arizona Cardinals - Christian Ponder QB Florida St.
39. Tennessee Titans - Ben Ijalana T Villanova
40. Dallas Cowboys - Orlando Franklin T/G Miami
41. Washington Redskins - Torrey Smith WR Maryland
42. Houston Texans - Marvin Austin DT North Carolina
43. Minnesota Vikings - Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada
44. Detroit Lions - Brandon Harris CB Miami
45. San Francisco 49ers - Christian Ballard DT Iowa
46. Denver Broncos (Miami) - Ryan Williams RB Virginia Tech
47. St. Louis Rams - Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame
48. Oakland Raiders - Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia
49. Jacksonville Jaguars - Leonard Hankerson WR Miami
50. San Diego Chargers - Titus Young WR Boise St.
51. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Marcus Cannon G TCU
52. New York Giants - Bruce Carter OLB North Carolina
53. Indianapolis Colts - Drake Nevis DT LSU
54. Philadelphia Eagles - Aaron Williams CB Texas
55. Kansas City Chiefs - Randall Cobb WR Kentucky
56. New Orleans Saints - Mikel Leshoure RB Illinois
57. Seattle Seahawks - John Moffitt G Wisconsin
58. Baltimore Ravens - Greg Little WR North Carolina
59. Atlanta Falcons - Jabaal Sheard DE Pittsburgh
60. New England Patriots - Brooks Reed OLB Arizona
61. Chicago Bears - Jurrell Casey DT USC
62. San Diego Chargers (N.Y. Jets) - Rodney Hudson C/G Florida St.
63. Pittsburgh Steelers - Allen Bailey DE Miami
64. Green Bay Packers - Demarco Murray RB Oklahoma

Round 3
65. Carolina Panthers - Terrell McClain DT South Florida
66. Cincinnati Bengals - Marcus Gilbert T Florida
67. Denver Broncos - Will Rackley G Lehigh
68. Buffalo Bills - Curtis Brown CB Texas
69. Arizona Cardinals - Brandon Burton CB Utah
70. Cleveland Browns - Quan Sturdivant ILB North Carolina
71. Dallas Cowboys - James Brewer T Indiana
72. New Orleans Saints (Washington) - Jarvis Jenkins DT Clemson
73. Houston Texans - Quinton Carter S Oklahoma
74. New England Patriots (Minnesota) - Tandon Doss WR Indiana
75. Detroit Lions - James Carpenter G Alabama
76. San Francisco 49ers - Stefen Wisniewski C Penn St.
77. Tennessee Titans - Andy Dalton QB TCU
78. St. Louis Rams - Tyler Sash S Iowa
79. Miami Dolphins - Andrew Jackson G Fresno St.
80. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jaiquawn Jarrett S Temple
81. Oakland Raiders - Chris Hairston T Clemson
82. San Diego Chargers - Terrence Toliver WR LSU
83. New York Giants - Daniel Thomas RB Kansas St.
84. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Ahmad Black S Florida
85. Philadelphia Eagles - Casey Matthews ILB Oregon
86. Kansas City Chiefs - Luke Stocker TE Tennessee
87. Indianapolis Colts - DeAndre McDaniel S Clemson
88. New Orleans Saints - Jeremy Beal OLB Oklahoma
89. San Diego Chargers (Seattle) - Kenrick Ellis DT Hampton
90. Baltimore Ravens - Rashad Carmichael CB Virginia Tech
91. Atlanta Falcons - Lance Kendricks TE Wisconsin
92. New England Patriots - Kendall Hunter RB Oklahoma St.
93. Chicago Bears - Stephen Schilling G Michigan
94. New York Jets - Mason Foster OLB Washington
95. Pittsburgh Steelers - Johnny Patrick CB Louisville
96. Green Bay Packers - Kendric Burney CB North Carolina

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I know you are all about the trenches but really don't like who we got in the 2nd or 3rd. Dareus at #9 would be more than enough to overlook those.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I know you are all about the trenches but really don't like who we got in the 2nd or 3rd. Dareus at #9 would be more than enough to overlook those.

Like Dareus, though I doubt he makes it to us.

Hate the other two picks. Both look like major reaches to me. Maybe SBK wants us to draft those guys so he can slam Jones.

sbk92

Reaction score
This isn't my dream scenario. Just a stab at what could realistically happen.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Like Dareus, though I doubt he makes it to us.

Hate the other two picks. Both look like major reaches to me. Maybe SBK wants us to draft those guys so he can slam Jones.

Jerry supporters kill me with this. You guys try to protect him by saying we "want" to criticize Jerry, not that he is a bufoon and actually deserves it.

I love the Dallas Cowboys. I want that hillbilly moron to strike gold every single draft. I root for him to listen to his scouts and coaching staff but be aggressive and go get the guys that will make this team better.

My long-standing problem is Jerry puts himself over all else. I truly believe he wants to win but he wants to win because he made it possible. This has been and continues to be our downfall.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry supporters kill me with this. You guys try to protect him by saying we "want" to criticize Jerry, not that he is a bufoon and actually deserves it.

I love the Dallas Cowboys. I want that hillbilly moron to strike gold every single draft. I root for him to listen to his scouts and coaching staff but be aggressive and go get the guys that will make this team better.

My long-standing problem is Jerry puts himself over all else. I truly believe he wants to win but he wants to win because he made it possible. This has been and continues to be our downfall.

From 94-02 I'd agree with your statement. Not so much after that.

sbk92

Reaction score
That's right. You know you got real change when Wade Phillips is your head coach.

lol

sbk92

Reaction score
From 94-02 I'd agree with your statement. Not so much after that.

Except you wouldn't have agreed with him during that time period. You'd have had some nonsense excuse as to why he's wrong. Why the team's in good hands with Quincy Carter, Troy Hambrick and Dave Campo.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I disagree

Likewise. But then again, it's no better nor any worse than other mocks I've seen. I wouldn't mind the Dareus pick at #9, but doubt it happens. I think we have a better chance at getting Peterson at #9 than Dareus. I think the Quinn pick fits the 49ers---I've been saying this, pair that guy up with Patrick Willis will be much more effective than drafting Peterson.

I do not like the two Olinemen right after. I don't mind the Franklin pick, but do not care for the Brewer pick. Overlal, I think you have way too many players going earlier than they should.

sbk92

Reaction score
Duly noted today, though I suspect you'll change your tune if we actually drafted them.

You need to understand what a mock draft is all about, bubba.

I have Cam Newton going to Buffalo at 3. I would hate that pick if I were a Bills fan.

It's not about what I want. It's a guess at what could happen.

sdogo

Reaction score
Sign me up all day for all 3 rounds, just doubt Marcell sniffs anything past Buffalo.

sbk92

Reaction score
Any and every mock could "realistically happen".

Meaning I'm not massaging the picks so that the Cowboys get the player I most want at that spot.

I'm simply checking them off one by one with who makes sense.

The thing about a mock is if you get just one wrong early, it makes the rest a waste of time. Changes everything.

But I protest the thought that Franklin and Brewer are major reaches where they're taken. Franklin's got vast experience playing both T and G, Brewer shined at the Senior Bowl. And both have the kind of size Houck likes in his linemen.

sbk92

Reaction score
If Dareus doesn't fall to 9, then I think Fairley will. As long as Carolina goes QB at 1.

So just switch Fairely for Dareus. Same class, IMO.

Top Bottom