Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys to Pursue Oakland Raiders DB Michael Huff

Posted by Jeric Griffin March 8, 2011

It’s no secret the Dallas Cowboys are looking to improve at safety. After the experiment of moving Alan Ball from cornerback failed miserably, Dallas will be looking to make some personnel changes in the secondary heading into 2011. There’s an Irving, Texas, native who is a free agent and apparently interested in joining his hometown team.
Safety Michael Huff grew up a Cowboys fan while attending Nimitz High School and later the University of Texas. Huff is a free agent and sources say the Oakland Raiders are not bending over backward to resign him. The 28-year-old will be entering his seventh NFL season in 2011 and is a much better option at free safety than Ball.

Huff is extremely effective against the pass, both in coverage and blitzing. Not only is Huff a very appealing player for the safety-starved Cowboys, but he has ties with new Dallas defensive coordinator Rob Ryan. When Huff was drafted seventh overall by Oakland in 2006, Ryan was the defensive coordinator for the Raiders.

After the Cowboys did not make an attempt at free agent safeties Bob Sanders or OJ Atogwe, analysts knew Dallas team owner and general manager Jerry Jones was up to something. Huff may be Jones’ backup plan if second-year Cowboy Akwasi Osusu-Ansah doesn’t pan out at safety.

Reaction score
As a Sooner Fan/UT hater I have noticed is that the recent UT DB's have all been NFL ballhawks/playmakers..

Sign him gosh darn it.

Reaction score
What a crap article.

Definitive title makes it sound like this has been verified by someone within the organization... then the writer throws in the "Huff might be a backup plan."

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Does Huff box or star in an HBO series? If the answer is no, Jerry has no interest in him.

( I really hope we sign Huff).

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
As a Sooner Fan/UT hater I have noticed is that the recent UT DB's have all been NFL ballhawks/playmakers..

Sign him gosh darn it.

Something that I noticed is that on average the UT defensive players have fared better than UT offensive players.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You noticed that, eh?

Welcome to the rest of the football world.

You mean the football world that consist of a certain fool that thinks Parcells is the greatest coach of all time? No thank you. Don't get mad at me because your boyfriend is not paying you any mind. I have nothing to do with it.

sbk92

Reaction score
Tell us some other gems a retarded monkey would already know, Laz.

And please include some talk of homosexuality, you ten cent brain fag.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Tell us some other gems a retarded monkey would already know, Laz.

And please include some talk of homosexuality, you ten cent brain fag.

You mean like how you refer to Mayock's gay lisp? Now how would YOU know this?:jerkoff

sbk92

Reaction score
You mean like how you refer to Mayock's gay lisp? Now how would YOU know this?:jerkoff

Uh, because when he's talking on camera, I can hear it.

Don't stop this influx of knowledge you've been dropping on us. What else you got thunked up in that brain of yours?

Have you heard anything about spread option QBs in the NFL? Keep us posted.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Michael Bush would instantly be the best back on the team if we signed him.

That's my opinion. Felix is a supercharged Avion Cason.

Top Bottom