Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
1st: Cal DE Cameron Jordan

You win NFL games starting in the trenches. Spears is gone, Hatcher is JAG and although I really like Bowen, we could do better there, and have a great rotation with Bowen going back to coming off the bench in the nickel. Cameron is a true-blue 3-4 DE with a lot of passion, energy and athleticism.

2nd: Florida State C Rodney Hudson

We continue to fortify the front lines, but with this pick we address the Oline. Keeping Gurode at C stunts any type of effort to improve the quality of the whole line. Your C needs to be the technician of the whole unit. Just has to, and Hudson is exactly that.

3rd: Louisville CB Johnny Patrick

A good, smart cornerback for Rob Ryan to work with. A playmaker who is a good blitzer and tackles very well. I think he could make the switch to safety as he has experience lining well off the receiver, reads routes very well and has the ability to close on the ball and receiver.

4th: Syracuse RB Delone Carter

C'ya Choice. Bye Barber. Delone Carter is actually a lot like Choice although with a lot less mouth. Good, compact size. Good cut runner. Takes over Barber's supposed role as short-yardage grinder.

5th: West Virginia CB Brandon Hogan

Rob Ryan's D fields a lot of defensive backs and we barely can field 4 CBs. Contrary to what many Cowboy fans think, Alan Ball is also a terrible cornerback.

[video=youtube;FMWd3AzfWWk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMWd3AzfWWk&feature=fvst[/video]

6th: Florida SS Ahmad Black

Performed poorly at the Combine, but I believe his instincts will more than make up for any speed deficiencies. Size could be a problem though. Great value all the way in the 6th round.

7th: Southern Arkansas DT Cedric Thorton

Small school All American who does a great job of holding up against double team blocks and whose motor is always running. Potential fan favorite who proved that he belonged during Senior Bowl workouts.

Last edited:

sbk92

Reaction score
Hudson belongs in a zone scheme.

It's be like a square peg in a round hole with Houck here.

Top Bottom