C

Cr122

Owner won't commit to Patrick Crayton
July, 31, 2010

By Tim MacMahon

SAN ANTONIO – It seems like Dez Bryant’s injury pretty much guarantees that Patrick Crayton will be a member of the Dallas Cowboys again this season.

However, Jerry Jones isn’t ready to make any promises to a reserve receiver who is due to make $2 million this season.

“I don't want to go there,” Jones said when asked if Crayton is now assured a spot on the roster. “He's on the team. He's got a contract, and that's been my stance from the very beginning. He’s there.”

Will Crayton be there after final cuts? The odds of Crayton making the cut certainly increased in the last 24 hours. He’s the Cowboys’ No. 3 receiver again with Bryant sidelined for four to six weeks.

“That’s why I’m glad he’s here,” receivers coach Ray Sherman said. “I tell you what, he is valuable. That’s why I think people have got to understand the value. He’s not a flashy type player. He’s a guy who goes about it in a workmanlike fashion and just goes about and does his job. I’m glad we have him.”

C

Cr122

Of course he won't.

He has Ogletree.

Jerry knows it all.

I mean I like Ogletree, but we would be a better team with Crayton in there this year.

Top Bottom