Reaction score
Clark Judge CBS five he liked/ five he didnt
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Five guys I liked

1. Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU: He has the size, the range, the ball skills and the speed. In case you missed it he ran a 4.34 in the 40, one of the fastest at the combine. What's not to like? If you're not at or near the top of the draft board you're not going to get him, but Nebraska's Prince Amukamara isn't a bad second option. I just wish he had an interception last season.

2. Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue: The Denver Post's Jeff Legwold asked offensive linemen at this year's Senior Bowl which pass rusher gave them the most trouble, and Kerrigan was the unanimous choice. "Never happened before," said Legwold, who asks the question each year. This guy is the next Kyle Vanden Bosch waiting to happen.

3. Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama: He showed up 28 pounds bigger than Fairley, but tested as well, if not better. He came to Indianapolis as a top-10 pick; now he's a cinch to be top five.

4. Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M: He had a solid Senior Bowl, then followed it with a solid combine -- featuring a 4.53 40 and a terrific time in the 20-yard shuttle. Plus, he did it at 246 pounds, up nine pounds from his Senior Bowl weight. He's the first outside linebacker to come off the board.

5. Robert Quinn, DE, UNC: He didn't play last season because of a suspension, but he looked like the all-ACC choice from 2009 when ripping through drills. Quinn is a monster off the edge and is a dead-bolt cinch as a top-10 choice.

Five guys I didn't

1. Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas: OK, so he threw well. He's still a jerk. I want a quarterback who wants to be the next Joe Montana, not the next Eminem.

2. Cam Newton, QB, Auburn: He didn't throw all that well vs. air so what happens when defenders are on the field? He handled his media interview far better than Mallett, but his mechanics are screwed up, there are character concerns and he wants to be an entertainer as much as he wants to be a quarterback. I know he has all the athletic ability in the world, but there are so many caution flags here I'd be hesitant to invest a high draft pick in him.

3. Ryan Williams, RB, Virginia Tech: He had one good season ... OK, great season ... in college but enters the draft off a down year where he tore his hamstring. "I want to be playing when I'm 40 years old," he said. Question: Playing what?

4. Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado: It's one thing to be confident; it's another to be cocky -- and Smith was so cocky that when he was asked about comparisons to Asomugha he said, "I think I have better ball skills than he does." Please. One guy's an All-Pro; the other hasn't played a down of pro ball. Whom would you trust?

5. Luke Driscoll, scout, St. Louis Rams: I don't know him, but people who do tell me he's a decent guy. Great. He still screwed up, getting arrested when he was caught urinating on a building downtown. He was charged with public nudity and intoxication, and, no, this is not how you set an example for draft-eligible players, Luke.

lol :noooo lol

Top Bottom