sbk92

Reaction score
Should Get Coaching Staff News Soon

Posted by nickeatman at 2/8/2011 1:00 PM CST on truebluefanclub.com

With the Super Bowl out of the way, it’s time to get back to Cowboys business and there matters that need to be addressed, such as the coaching staff.

Currently, the Cowboys have about a handful of positions to fill, it sounds like the defensive line coaching spot will soon be scratched off the list.

The Cowboys are expected to hire veteran coach Brian Baker to coach the defensive line. Baker has coached the Panthers and was currently at North Carolina with former Cowboys coach Butch Davis.

The Cowboys are also expected to officially announce the hiring of Ben Bloom, who is expected to have a role on the defensive side of the ball, either as a position assistant or quality control.

Still, the Cowboys need to hire a wide receiver coach and possibly an assistant on the offensive line as well.

sbk92

Reaction score
Ben Bloom was a defensive assistant for Rob in Cleveland.

All I know right now is he's chubby. So it's promising.

sbk92

Reaction score
Nobody cares about Ben Bloom?

How spoiled is a fan base when you can bring in a guy like Ben Bloom and it's ~crickets~.....~dog barking in distance~?

sbk92

Reaction score
Bloom_Ben_10.jpg

:towel

Reaction score
This is from his wikipedia page.

Benjamin S. Bloom (February 21, 1913 – September 13, 1999) was a Jewish-American educational psychologist who made contributions to the classification of educational objectives and to the theory of mastery-learning. He also directed a research team which conducted a major investigation into the development of exceptional talent whose results are relevant to the question of eminence, exceptional achievement, and greatness[1] .

Interesting hire to say the least.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Eh,Don't know anything about the guy.

~knocks annoying chirping cricket off sleeve~
~gets up to see what f'n dog is barking about~

sbk92

Reaction score
This Ben Bloom guy we have moved over on defense, he’s got plays that they have only thought about running that haven’t even showed up on tape. He has been a big plus for us over there on defense. We are taking advantage of everybody we got. I bragged about Matt Eberflus, we got Bryan Cox doing an awesome job with our defensive line, Jerome Henderson with the secondary so we still have the best defensive staff in football but I’m not going to pretend it’s not because it is. That includes me. -- Rob Ryan 9/10

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news...pt---910/6be10225-f4d3-4218-8938-a7e4a25a8f3d

I know one thing you can’t work harder than our defensive staff is working. Ben Bloom there’s a rumor he’s been in hibernation, the guy’s upstairs all the time, never goes home. The guy’s a phenomenal worker, what a huge upgrade this guy is for us on defense he does a lot of great things. -- Rob Ryan 12/10

http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/browns/...ith-browns-defensive-coordinator-rob-ryan-12/

C

Cr122

This Ben Bloom guy we have moved over on defense, he’s got plays that they have only thought about running that haven’t even showed up on tape. He has been a big plus for us over there on defense. We are taking advantage of everybody we got. I bragged about Matt Eberflus, we got Bryan Cox doing an awesome job with our defensive line, Jerome Henderson with the secondary so we still have the best defensive staff in football but I’m not going to pretend it’s not because it is. That includes me. -- Rob Ryan 9/10

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news...pt---910/6be10225-f4d3-4218-8938-a7e4a25a8f3d

I know one thing you can’t work harder than our defensive staff is working. Ben Bloom there’s a rumor he’s been in hibernation, the guy’s upstairs all the time, never goes home. The guy’s a phenomenal worker, what a huge upgrade this guy is for us on defense he does a lot of great things. -- Rob Ryan 12/10

http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/browns/...ith-browns-defensive-coordinator-rob-ryan-12/

I like it we have coaches who don't want to leave the building and design an epic defense. Doomsday Defense 2011 here we come.

sbk92

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything yet on when the networks are going to have the Ben Bloom press conference.

sbk92

Reaction score
The problem with hiring a Ben Bloom is you're right back into the 'who's the real head coach?' thing that went on with Wade and Garrett. It confuses the players. They don't know who really holds the power.

Top Bottom