Reaction score
By Calvin Watkins

dal_a_brewster1x_300.jpg

ROBERT BREWSTER

Position: Tackle
Height: 6-4. Weight: 320
College: Ball State
How acquired: Third round pick, 2009

What he did in 2010: Brewster was on the practice squad since October after spending four weeks on the active roster. His only impact came during the preseason. When the Cowboys were down three offensive linemen, including both tackles, Brewster had to start at tackle vs. San Diego. There were questions of then-coach Wade Phillips about sitting Tony Romofor the Chargers game with Brewster starting. Brewster didn't play that badly and Romo survived without getting hit. But it was clear Brewster, despite his second season in the league, just wasn't ready to play full-time.

What to look for in 2011: It will be interesting to see if Brewster is here if at all. The Cowboys liked the ability of Sam Young, another young tackle, and there is a thought the team will draft an offensive lineman this spring. Brewster still needs work from a technique standpoint and must get stronger.

Quotable: "I'm pretty confident in what I can do. I'm not really afraid of competition and welcome it. You just want your opportunity when it comes and hopefully it will happen soon." - Robert Brewster

Bryan Broaddus’ Scout’s Eye: He was in a competition with Sam Young for the right tackle spot and Young looked better than Brewster did at right tackle. Brewster has to remake himself physically. He's going to have to get a lot stronger, work on his footwork and technique. You can tell Sam Young played at a big time program like Notre Dame and even though Brewster had a year of experience on him, you can tell he didn't play and he was like a rookie. Brewster was a year behind. Sam Young was the better player.

Reaction score
I'm still rooting for him, but that's based on the story about his baby momma dying during birth, and him having to raise his little girl by himself. Really impressed me reading that, in contrast to a lot of the knuckleheads that come into the league every year.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Goose said he was a 3rd rounder for whatever that's worth.

Goose also gets his information by asking GM's, scouts, who they like. I still think he had him on his Top 100 because the Cowboys had a ridiculously high grade on him.

I like Goose but he screwed the pooch on that one.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Goose also gets his information by asking GM's, scouts, who they like. I still think he had him on his Top 100 because the Cowboys had a ridiculously high grade on him.

Jason Williams was in his top-100 also I do believe.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Thats def not true.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Thats def not true.

How do you know that?

He admittingly gets his info from team sources. He has several sources with his hometown team, the Dallas Cowboys. Is it not logical that he'd have a lot of insight into who the Cowboys like? He had Jason Williams and Robert Brewster in his Top 100. We reached on both players.

Williams had high grades from a few other teams. Brewster did not.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Does Brewster have any worth as an OG? IMO he'll never make it as a tackle. We played pattycake on and off for 4-5 yrs between OG and OT with McQuistan before cutting the cord. Have they tried moving blubber inside at all to see how he stacks up?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The guy, one year removed from being a 3rd round pick, was exposed to waivers and claimed by nobody. Teams never pass up on young, free offensive linemen, unless of couse they suck outloud.

sbk92

Reaction score
How do you know that?

He admittingly gets his info from team sources. He has several sources with his hometown team, the Dallas Cowboys. Is it not logical that he'd have a lot of insight into who the Cowboys like? He had Jason Williams and Robert Brewster in his Top 100. We reached on both players.

That's true but Gosselin isn't going to put a guy in his top 100 based simply off the Cowboys' opinion.

If he had Brewster there, he's the only guy I know to have him that high.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
How do you know that?

You should email him and he can explain the whole thing, but he gets info from a majority of the teams in the league, not just a couple. I've emailed him a few times about things and he's usually very responsive.

I think the guy is an utter moron as a writer, but he does a great job collecting draft info.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You should email him and he can explain the whole thing, but he gets info from a majority of the teams in the league, not just a couple. I've emailed him a few times about things and he's usually very responsive.

I think the guy is an utter moron as a writer, but he does a great job collecting draft info.

I like Goose especially his annual Top 100 come draft time. I just think it's unusual that a guy no one else had ranked high is in his Top 100 and the team he has the most ties with, drafts....I mean reaches for him. I have no personal inside info that this is what happened, it just seems like more than a coincidence. Especially since he always says he gets his info from teams.

Top Bottom