sbk92

Reaction score
Posted by nickeatman at 1/24/2011 5:42 PM CST on truebluefanclub.com

From the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., Jerry Jones arrived on Monday to watch the first day of practices, but he had hit on several pressing issue when asked by reporters later in the afternoon.

Here’s a few of the topics Jones discussed:

• While the Senior Bowl is the first big event of the offseason, he said he’s not ready to move on completely from last year’ 6-10 record. In fact, he said he wants all of his coaches to “not forget” what happened last season, using it as motivation to improve.
  • Jones said there is no timetable to finalize the coaching staff. Currently, the Cowboys need to hire a WR coach, a DL coach and possibly an assistant offensive line position.
  • Jerry didn’t specifically identify one glaring need, but mentioned the offensive line is a spot that will likely be addressed at some point in this offseason, with the draft, free agency or even both.
  • He did say the No. 9 overall pick must be someone that can have an immediate impact to next year’s team.
  • When asked what positions he felt comfortable with, Jerry answered the skill positions, the front seven and his cornerbacks.
  • With Super Bowl XLV to be played next week, Jerry said he’s excited about the matchup between the Packers and Steelers at his stadium.
  • While he wished Flozell Adams would’ve made a Super Bowl with the Cowboys, Jerry Jones was genuinely excited about Flozell getting the chance to play and start in the Super Bowl for the Steelers.

That’s just a few of the topics. We’ll have more details on those issues and more. Stay tuned.

sbk92

Reaction score
  • He did say the No. 9 overall pick must be someone that can have an immediate impact to next year’s team.
  • When asked what positions he felt comfortable with, Jerry answered the skill positions, the front seven and his cornerbacks.

He's a moron.

This must impact year one theory is completely idiotic. It's another way of saying you're drafting for need.

That comment alone tells me all I need to know about our draft class this year.

And who the hell would be comfortable with our front seven? It's not at crisis mode yet, so he doesn't know any better.

Same shat, different year. Just a minor tweak of the sales pitch.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It also looks like he saddled Ryan with Dave Campo. Same old Jerry. I was hopeful he was going to take a step back and let Garrett decide all coaching matters. No way Campo should still be employed.

Reaction score
Ask him why we kept a position coach who turned a strength into one of our biggest weakness. A coach the players have no respect for and curse out in front of cameras routinely.

sbk92

Reaction score
And why is he even talking?

Now we see why he fell over himself with joy in hiring Garrett. He can remain the voice of the franchise.

My. Most. Hated. Sports. Personality. Ever.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I like that he said that. The reason we never drafted offensive lineman and up until recently, WRs, high, is because he felt that they never made an immediate impact.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
About the only positions he didn't mention on the defense were of course safety which is a no brainer.

I think with Lee replacing Brookings, then the starting LB is more than acceptable.

But those defensive-ends... Bleugh. Especially if they do not resign Spears. Getting 3.5 sacks out of all four defensive ends combined is sick... and not sick in a good way.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The main guy responsible for the mess we are in saying there isn't much of a mess.

Jerry Jones thy name is Failure. Or Al Davis Part 2, whatever you prefer.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It also looks like he saddled Ryan with Dave Campo. Same old Jerry. I was hopeful he was going to take a step back and let Garrett decide all coaching matters. No way Campo should still be employed.

This kind of stuff is non-sense. How do you know this?

He's already fired Campo once, you think he has an issue doing it now?

If Garrett and Ryan decide they dont want Campo here, he wont be here. period, end of story.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And why is he even talking?

Now we see why he fell over himself with joy in hiring Garrett. He can remain the voice of the franchise.

My. Most. Hated. Sports. Personality. Ever.

Squak..."polly wanna cracker"...squak

63echo

Reaction score
  • While the Senior Bowl is the first big event of the offseason, he said he’s not ready to move on completely from last year’ 6-10 record. In fact, he said he wants all of his coaches to “not forget” what happened last season, using it as motivation to improve.

What he should do is have his coaches simply pretend that they DIDN'T win those 6 games and instead went 0-16. This is a fine motivational tactic used by many premier football minds.

Plymkr

Reaction score
This doesn't make any sense?

It's homer talk when the homer knows that what the OP stated in this thread is dead on.

Jerry is still in charge. Wonder Boy Garrett is the next puppet and Dave fucking Campo still has a fucking job in Dallas. It's pathetic how far this once great organization has fallen and it is getting worse because ego boy Jones doesn't get it.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It's going to be a long, long offseason made potentially that much longer if there is the same dribble posted every time Jerry's name comes up.

Reaction score
I understand the disdain for the man, but I don't get why fans bother to get worked up over anything that he says.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I understand the disdain for the man, but I don't get why fans bother to get worked up over anything that he says.

There's none of us who thinks Jerry has pulled some bone-headed moves over the last 20 years... None of us.

Yet to constantly regurgitate the same thing over and over and over ad nauseum... Doesn't serve any purpose. I mean do you really think Jerry is going to pop in here, read the forum and say, "Golly gee, these guys are right, I'm going to quit being the teams GM."

Uhh. No.

I can see merit is discussing what he says and debating that, but the other stuff? It serves no benefit at this point. A forum is suppose to be entertaining and thought provoking. That constant stream is neither.

Reaction score
There's none of us who thinks Jerry has pulled some bone-headed moves over the last 20 years... None of us.

Yet to constantly regurgitate the same thing over and over and over ad nauseum... Doesn't serve any purpose. I mean do you really think Jerry is going to pop in here, read the forum and say, "Golly gee, these guys are right, I'm going to quit being the teams GM."

Uhh. No.

I can see merit is discussing what he says and debating that, but the other stuff? It serves no benefit at this point. A forum is suppose to be entertaining and thought provoking. That constant stream is neither.

You're getting no argument from me.

I've gone back and forth with Jerry. I hated him when he let Jimmy get away. Grew to tolerate and somewhat appreciate him once he hired Parcells, and now I'm back to hating him.

That said, I still don't think he's as bad as some make him out to be.

Top Bottom