sbk92

Reaction score
Rainer Sabin / Reporter

Two men are being considered for the position of head football coach at the University of Connecticut. One of them is Cowboys defensive coordinator Paul Pasqualoni. The Boston Globe is reporting that the school's athletic director, Jeff Hathaway, will choose between Pasqualoni and former University of Miami offensive coordinator Mark Whipple.

However, it appears that Whipple is the favorite.

Here is an excerpt from the article:

The deal could be in place as soon as today.

Whipple was on the original list of candidates compiled by Hathaway when Edsall left for Maryland following the Huskies' loss to Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl Jan. 1.

Other names were in the forefront as well, but Hathaway consulted with several football contacts about Whipple's qualifications, and by last weekend the choice had come down to Whipple and Pasqualoni, who most recently was interim defensive coordinator for the Dallas Cowboys.

C

Cr122

I've seen this article before.

I think here where I live in the local newspaper they were talking about coach P taking the UConn job.

Reaction score
I haven't read anything about him interviewing for the gig. I've seen where is name was mentioned as a possibility, but never an interview scheduled.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I hope he gets it.

I can't believe he's being considered for the DC job. Not one bum from the defensive staff should be retained.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Just saw on another forum (How dare I) and looks like he got the UConn job.

I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though
It all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah

Reaction score
Surprise! Pasqualoni to be named UConn’s head coach
Posted by John Taylor on January 13, 2011, 5:18 PM EST

For the past 72 hours or so, it appeared former Miami offensive coordinator Mark Whipple was far and away the front-runner to replace Randy Edsall as UConn’s head coach.

Either the UConn underwent a serious change of heart in the last couple of days, or the school has run the biggest misdirection play of this current coaching carousel cycle as Whipple will not be the next coach.

Instead, the Boston Globe and Connecticut Post reports, former Syracuse head coach Paul Pasqualoni has been tabbed by UConn as their next head coach. An official announcement is expected later today, with a press conference introducing Pasqualoni likely to take place Friday.

While Whipple had been the perceived front-runner, Pasqualoni had slowly gained momentum over the past 24 hours, at least publicly.

Pasqualoni was the Orange’s head coach from 1991-2004, compiling a record of 107-59-1. The Globe reports that it’s those extensive ties to the Big East that led to UConn’s decision.

After leaving the ‘Cuse, Pasqualoni spent time in the NFL with the Dallas Cowboys and Miami Dolphins. He was named interim defensive coordinator of the Cowboys after Wade Phillips was fired in the middle of the 2010 season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Good for Cach P, hope he does well at UConn

Seems like a good guy. Made the best of a bad situation here in Dallas for 8 weeks.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I didn't mind Coach P as a position coach but I wanted no part of him being named DC.

Top Bottom