sbk92

Reaction score
SportsDayDFW sports

The Dallas Morning News Cowboys writer Gerry Fraley chatted with fans and answered questions on Monday. He touched on the future of the defensive coordinator position and if it's a done deal that Jason Garrett will be the Cowboys head coach next season.

On who he sees as the defensive coordinator next season:

Pasuqaloni made a good case for himself. Consider this: Cowboys allowed 204 offensive points and had 10 turnovers worth 37 points with Wade Phillips as DC. In my way of thinking, that's 167 points against Wade.

Pasuqaloni's defense allowed 181 points and had 20 takeaways that resulted in 73 points. That's 108 points against Pasqualoni, or 59 fewer than Wade Phillips. Pretty good when you consider he used the same personnel.

I'm really not qualified to say who out there would make a quality DC. Just give me somebody from a good defensive club, such as Baltimore or Pittsburgh.

On if it's a done deal that Jason Garrett will be head coach:

Not a done deal. Jerry wants to go with Garrett, but they have not struck a deal. Jerry wants to keep Garrett from getting on the open market, which could drive up his price.

On his thoughts about Stephen McGee's performance on Sunday in Philadelphia:

Unimpressive. For me, he's too quick to pull the ball down and run. He is a tremendous athlete, but that style won't work for long in the NFL. It did not work for Bucky Richardson.

On if it's time to trade Jay Ratliff:

Not time to trade Ratliff, but it is time to put him outside. The work at nose took a lot out of Ratliff this year and seemed to cut into his effectiveness as a pass-rusher.

Reaction score
On his thoughts about Stephen McGee's performance on Sunday in Philadelphia:

Unimpressive. For me, he's too quick to pull the ball down and run. He is a tremendous athlete, but that style won't work for long in the NFL. It did not work for Bucky Richardson.

Unimpressive? Please. The Eagles were bringing pressure, and our offensive line sucks.

McGee is a project. He needs more time. But for the second week in a row, he lead his team down the field to win (or in AZ case, should've won) the game.

Top Bottom