Reaction score
Cowboys Offense-TM-Cowboys Jan. 2 - 11:24 am et

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi is reporting that the Cowboys have removed the interim label from head coach Jason Garrett.

They managed to interview wide receivers coach Ray Sherman to comply with the league's Rooney Rule without anyone knowing. Garrett is 4-3 in his brief stint as the team's head man after Wade Phillips started the team off 1-7. It remains to be seen how much decision making power owner Jerry Jones will give Garrett.

C

Cr122

Garrett keeps Cowboys' coaching job; Sherman also interviewed

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...cowboys-coaching-job-sherman-also-interviewed

Jason Garrett had the interim tag removed and will be the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, a team source said Sunday.

The Cowboys interviewed receivers coach Ray Sherman to satisfy the NFL's "Rooney Rule," which requires teams to interview at least one minority candidate.

"For him to even consider me, I'm excited about it, flattered about it," Sherman told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram before Garrett was hired. "You never know where life is going to take you sometimes. I don't look at what he is going to do with someone else. I'm flattered he is considering me for the position. I have coached for a long time. I have been around. I think what I have done as a coach has something to do with it also."

Garrett is 4-3 entering Sunday's season finale against the Philadelphia Eagles. He took over for Wade Phillips, who was fired after a 1-7 start and most likely will land with the Houston Texans as their defensive coordinator.

Garrett, a former NFL quarterback, joined the Cowboys in 2007 as offensive coordinator. He long was considered the coach-in-waiting in Dallas.

sbk92

Reaction score
I'm just glad his extensive coaching search bullshat has been exposed for what it is.

This is bad news for any Cowboys fans who has a clue of what's going on. This is a victory for hands on Jerry.

Hopefully he dies soon.

sbk92

Reaction score
Of course Faulk is hating on the move.

Faulk: Michael, you used the term great to describe this decision. Right, you think it's a great move?

Irvin: Right.

Faulk: Well where was Jason Garrett the first 8 games of the season? Where was his offense?

Irvin: 4th overall in the league after 8 games.

lol

sbk92

Reaction score
Then Faulk spun it to....but what are the Cowboys known for? Where was their running game?

Irvin replied by asking Warren Sapp, what do you have to do to run the football? You have to practice in pads during the week. Which Sapp agreed with.

C

Cr122

Like I've said before, I like Jason Garrett, but with Jerry being in control we won't see how good of a coach he really can be.

What will really piss me off is when Jerry names another DC. It should be Jason's decision to name his own staff.

Jerry wins again.

cowboys2194

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Im fine with the move as long as we bring in the right coordinators, i dont wanna promote within the organization.

Reaction score
Then Faulk spun it to....but what are the Cowboys known for? Where was their running game?

Irvin replied by asking Warren Sapp, what do you have to do to run the football? You have to practice in pads during the week. Which Sapp agreed with.

I saw that little skirmish...Faulk was getting smacked by everyone on the panel, even Rich E. asked him where was he going with all this lol

Top Bottom