cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This will be my last mock until Jan 15th when the official underclassmen list is set. I know what you’re thinking, “Chris, please don’t stop with your amazing mocks”, and I apologize, but I am moving into my new house (my first) the next few weeks and I imagine I’ll be very busy.

1st round – Jerry gets antsy and moves up from the 6th pick to the 3rd pick sending the Bengals a 2012 2nd round pick. Cowboys select Patrick Peterson CB LSU.

2nd round – Jerry’s antsyness has not improved but he isn’t able to jump back into the first round to grab a tackle. Cowboys select Stefen Wisniewski C/G Penn State.

3rd round – You can usually grab a pretty good player in the top of the 3rd, someone always drops. My “random” guess at someone dropping is: Cowboys select Kenny Tate SS Maryland.

4th round – Cowboys select John Moffitt G Wisconsin.

5th round - This year we will dedicate just one pick to Special Teams. Cowboys select Matt Szczur WR Villanova.

6th round – We stay in Division IAA (now FCS) and: Cowboys select Mark LeGree FS Appalachian State.

I’ve seen it reported that we get Miami’s 6th and also that we were swapping 6th rounders if their pick was higher. For now, I’ll assume the latter is true.

7th round (from San Diego) – Unless Patrick Crayton catches 12 passes this week we are stuck with the seventh rounder. Cowboys select Keith Payne RB (6-3, 255 lbs) Virginia

Comments and compliments are always welcomed. Complaints will be ignored :naughty

Reaction score
I like the picks, but I highly doubt Jerry moves up.

In fact . . . smart money says he tries to trade down.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I like the picks, but I highly doubt Jerry moves up.

In fact . . . smart money says he tries to trade down.

Man, I hope not. We traded down several times in 2009 and had one of the worst drafts in history. We traded up 3 times in 2010 and had a very good draft.

sbk92

Reaction score
It's in there, we sent them a 2012 pick.

So you want to use the 6th overall pick in this draft and a 2012 2nd round pick on a cornerback?

Awesome stuff, man. That will fix things.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
So you want to use the 6th overall pick in this draft and a 2012 2nd round pick on a cornerback?

How good is Peterson? I haven't watched him once.

I'm so fed up with watching Newman every week, I'd do it just so I wouldn't have to look at #41. It's a steep price for a corner, but if he is a ball hawk and anything close to Revis, I'd wouldn't be too unhappy.

Especially if a DC can come in and fix the pass rush.

I wanted an offensive lineman in the 1st and 3rd round and a ball hawking safety in the 2nd. I could live with a smart mid round corner opposite Jenkins. He'll, Scandrick has improved over the 4 or 5 weeks, maybe he can step in.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

First off, not just a cornerback. A game changing, shutdown cornerback.

Second, the 2012 draft is looking pretty weak and I expect us to bounce back next year. That pick should be around 50th.

Yes, it's costly but Peterson is worth it.

sbk92

Reaction score
This would be the worst possible outcome for me. Waste another high draft pick on a cornerback, and throw away a 2nd round pick next year to boot.

C

Cr122

Here's what Kiper thinks about him............

Patrick Peterson *, LSU CB 6-1 211
Analysis: More than a freak athlete, Peterson continued to improve his technical cover skills. Also quietly became among nation's top return threats.

C

Cr122

This would be the worst possible outcome for me. Waste another high draft pick on a cornerback, and throw away a 2nd round pick next year to boot.

I don't think corner would be the best pick for us, but if he were to be there when we pick, I'd draft him.

There's not going to be a top notch safety there when we pick, and the only other position that we would consider is LB or DT.

Fairley or Bowers, maybe Dareus or Quinn.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Until someone comes in and figures out how to get pressure up front, our secondary will be bottom of the league. 3 of the 4 starters back there need to go.

I'm interested in fixing the worst offensive line in the league first.

Top Bottom