C

Cr122

Posted at 12:22 PM on Tue., Jul. 27, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
David Moore / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

Dez Bryant has no problem with Roy Williams. He has no problem with the fans at the Alamodome who chant his name after every practice.

But when it comes to the media, he's not feeling the love.

The Cowboys No. 1 pick spoke about his refusal to carry Williams shoulder pads while he signed autographs and chastised the media.

"We are fine,'' Bryant said. "In fact, it's not even a situation. Me and Roy are great. Not only me and Roy, but the whole team.

"You're trying to turn us against each but it's not going to happen.''

As the crowd chanted, "leave him alone'' to the reporters who surrounded him, Bryant continued to sign autographs and talk about how much the fan support means to him. He said he was surprised by how big the story became and maintained he knew nothing of how rookies are often asked to carry a veteran's pads in the NFL.

"No, I didn't know nothing about no tradition,'' Bryant said. "The only thing that bothers me is when I try to do something right, you all (media) try to turn it negative. I don't feel like that's right.

"I'm trying my best to do the right thing. But it seems like I can't do the right thing because every little thing that I do, you all watch it and try to make a huge deal out of it.''

Bryant said he has no problem picking up dinner or doing other things for veterans down the road.

"If I would have known it was going to be something this big, he (Williams) could have walked up in his tights and I would have taken his shoulder pads, his pants, his helmet, his shoes, his socks,'' Bryant said. "I would have taken everything.

"It was never an issue. The media made it an issue. It was never nothing.''

----- --------- ---------- ----------- -------- -------- -------
Wrong Dez you and Roy made it an issue, not the media.

Top Bottom