C

Cr122

Posted at 2:26 PM on Mon., Jul. 26, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Gerry Fraley / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

Offensive tackle Alex Barron, in his first training camp with the Dallas Cowboys, had his fourth consecutive practice without a false start on Monday. Given Barron's history, that is signfiicant.

In five seasons with St. Louis, Barron had 43 false-start penalties in 76 games. Former Cowboys offensive tackle Flozell Adams had 30 false starts in 70 games during the last five seasons.

``I don't know what the history was, and I don't want to know,'' offensive line coach Hudson Houck said. ``He's done everything we've asked of him. Hopefully, this guy is just coming on.''

The Cowboys acquired Barron, the 19th overll pick in the 2005 draft, in a deal for linebacker Bobby Carpenter.

In pass-rushing drills, Barron split a pair of matchups with Pro Bowl outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware.

Reaction score
I'm really interested to see what happens with Barron. I'd love to think we found a talented kid who was just floundering in the losing atmosphere and bad coaching in St. Louis.

It wouldn't suprise me to see him replacing Columbo in the near future.

C

Cr122

I'm really interested to see what happens with Barron. I'd love to think we found a talented kid who was just floundering in the losing atmosphere and bad coaching in St. Louis.

It wouldn't suprise me to see him replacing Columbo in the near future.

I'm telling you the more I look at it I see Barron at left tackle and Free at right tackle. F' Colombo.

Reaction score
Free is made for LT, whereas I think Barron is a natural RT. He played RT in college.

I won't go so far as to say eff Columbo . . .

He's been very good for us, and I like his mean streak. But, he came here as damaged goods, and I question how much longer he has on those wheels.

C

Cr122

Free is made for LT, whereas I think Barron is a natural RT. He played RT in college.

I won't go so far as to say eff Columbo . . .

He's been very good for us, and I like his mean streak. But, he came here as damaged goods, and I question how much longer he has on those wheels.

I think Free's more comfortable at right tackle though and Barron at left.

But you know what whatever way works I am happy.

Top Bottom