Reaction score
cbsdollarbill Bill Jones

BULLETIN: Wade fired - Jason Garrett new head coach

Reaction score
It's TRUE its everywhere now.

....and I'd like to send a special thanks to Sheli, Garrard and Aaron Rodgers without your all out efforts in demolishing Mr. Fixit's defense our suffering of having to watch this StumbleDoofus would continue.

Thank you

Prediction: Garrett will only last as HC until after the collective bargaining agreement is reached

Reaction score
Report: Wade Phillips fired, Jason Garrett new Dallas Cowboys head coach
Jonathan Bales

According to CBS correspondent Bill Jones, the Cowboys have fired head coach Wade Phillips and replaced him with offensive coordinator Jason Garrett. This seemed like the most likely move after the Cowboys’ loss last night in Green Bay. Garrett will now have half a season to prove he is worthy of remaining the head coach in 2011.

I welcome the change, although I’m not sure you’ll see radically different results from Dallas. Garrett will still be calling the offensive plays obviously. The new defensive coordinator is still a mystery, although Dave Campo and Paul Pasqualoni seem to be the two candidates. You might see minor schematic changes on defense with Phillips out, but nothing major.

In my opinion, Garrett will leave Big D next season with the implementation of a new coaching staff. Too much has to be altered to justify his stay. Of course, he has eight games to prove me wrong.

Plymkr

Reaction score
I don't see any change coming. What can change? Just like has been said. This bozo is still gonna call plays for Barber, Dumbass TE screens, WR screens and then, possibly "promote" Campo to DC? Huh? Fucking stupid. promote a guy who's unit is on that same dfense and is horrible.

Whatever at this point. Any 3-4 DC's hanging out that want a paycheck for 8 weeks?

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't see any change coming. What can change? Just like has been said. This bozo is still gonna call plays for Barber, Dumbass TE screens, WR screens and then, possibly "promote" Campo to DC? Huh? Fucking stupid. promote a guy who's unit is on that same dfense and is horrible.

Whatever at this point. Any 3-4 DC's hanging out that want a paycheck for 8 weeks?

Jason Garrett is going to inspire Hope and Change.

It's the change we need.

Reaction score
This gives me new hope for the rest of the season.

That we can turn it around and end with a winning season? Nope.

Rather . . . I'm optimistic about what Garrett can do, how he'll manage the team, handle the press, etc.

I think Garrett would make a very good head coach . . . but with our offensive line and secondary, there's nothing he can do here, really.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think he'll be good too. We're gonna find out real quick how the team responds.

It should be like a shot in the arm.

Plymkr

Reaction score
No HC is gonna get a chance here with Jerry at the helm..
But, with Garrett, he had his chance. He can go be a good HC someplace else.

sbk92

Reaction score
Heads will roll.

All except, ya know, the GM's. The real problem with this team.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Well the first of several ncessary moves was made.

Lets see if Garrett can get these guys to play hard and work hard the rest of the yr. I'm noit expecting alot of wins, but seeing them become competitive and not blowing assignments left and right, along with some obvious personnel moves would make me happy.

Top Bottom