Reaction score
On the Cowboys defense being simplistic and easy for opponents to read:

It's the same scheme as they ran last year when they finished second in points allowed in the NFL. It's not an overly complicated scheme, but there are a lot of teams that run simple stuff and execute it. That's the problem: there's no execution and now Phillips doesn't know what he's going to get from the players and I'm sure players are lacking trust in what's called. It's natural when things go like this.

On who would be a good coach to take over during this season:

I'd say Jason Garrett. I've said it for the last few years. At one point Jerry thought Garrett would be a successful coach. Why not give him the chance for the last nine games? What would it hurt? If he does well, then you've got your coach. If he doesn't, then you're making wholesale changes anyway.

On his thoughts about individual Cowboys that are underachieving:

Guys like Spencer, Jenkins and Jones have not built upon their 2009 successes. They have all regressed. Spencer's fall is stunning because of how well he was playing to end the season.

On Felix Jones being a standout running back in the NFL:

He doesn't have much room to do much of anything, however, I just don't see the instincts to make him special. He's a one cut guy. He doesn't have the wiggle necessary to make somebody miss. Maybe he lost some of that by adding some weight but he just doesn't look like the same guy.

On starting Stephen McGee:

Can't do that yet. It will happen but not yet. They can't just go in give up mode yet. At least that's how I feel. I'm not sure McGee is ready for the spot and I don't think you can scale it back so much with nine games to go. I'll give him the last three or four games unless an injury to Kitna puts him out there earlier.

On who are the leaders in the locker room:

Witten, Bradie James. I said this a few weeks ago - you loved the leadership these same players showed last December and now you say there's no leadership. I think the players care, but I do think there is a high sensitivity to criticism not only from the media but from themselves too.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's really nothing special. Chad Johnson would have been the better pick.

Plymkr

Reaction score
Steven Jackson should be in a Dallas uniform. Fucking Parcells, that shit stain.

Plymkr

Reaction score
I have no clue what in the hell he was thinking there.

It was normal dumbass Parcells. Reaching as usual. Jackson was salivating to come here. He would still be running wild. he is that good.

Reaction score
It was normal dumbass Parcells. Reaching as usual. Jackson was salivating to come here. He would still be running wild. he is that good.

and we got stuck with julius fucking jones that year

sbk92

Reaction score

Yep. Normal dumb ass first ballot hall of famer, never failed to rebuild anywhere, 4 for 4 and flawless Parcells.

Plymkr

Reaction score
Yep. Normal dumb ass first ballot hall of famer, never failed to rebuild anywhere, 4 for 4 and flawless Parcells.

You can stick with that. I want more out of a coach than just "building up a team".

Flawless would of been Super Bowl victories at every stop. No coach is flawless, give it up.

And he missed on Jackson. Just like Jones, and shitload of other draft picks the puke picked.

Bleu Star

Spectator
Reaction score
On a different note, some on here that know me already know I am a huge Tashard Choice fan. I feel he is the true load carrying all around RB on the team. I've felt that way since day one and he cemented my thoughts when he carried the load for that very tough 4 game stretch in the latter part of the 2008 season against some very strong defenses. I don't believe Felix has the vision to really excel at this level. He may turn out to be a decent all around back but Choice has the vision you would normally attribute to a 25+ carry blue chip running back. Now would be the perfect time to give him a chance to step up and contribute more to the offense. I really couldn't care less whether I see MB3 running the ball again in a Boys uni or not. He appears to no longer strike fear in opponents which is totally indicative of what quickly happens to a RB that loves to try and run through everyone in his path. Those hits do add up.

Give Choice a damn chance...

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We do need to play Choice a lot more if not make him the starter. I think he's our best back. MBIII is done after this year so there's no use in playing him. The rest of this year needs to be about next year. We should have a 10 game start on next year if we're smart.

sbk92

Reaction score
Combinaton of adding the weight and no offensive line.

Lose that weight in the offseason. Next year is your last chance to prove you're worth the time and investment.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Combinaton of adding the weight and no offensive line.

Lose that weight in the offseason. Next year is your last chance to prove you're worth the time and investment.

Knowing Jones he'll give him 2 more years to show he's not worth it.

Top Bottom