Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
[video]http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/multimedia_center.cfm?id=0552332B-0F3B-C625-3CDCD103B338D195[/video]

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
The last few minutes don't give me much hope. If he's looked at and evaluated himself over the years as GM and still stuck with himself, God help us.

Plymkr

Reaction score
Gonna be quite a few long years with this team. Gonna be a lot of ****teases and smoke and mirrors.

Welcome to the show.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just talked to him on the phone this morning.

What does he want now?

sdogo

Reaction score
I really dont have anything to say to him.

He is looking for empathy and pitty money.

Maybe he is being sincere. Maybe he is learning from his mistakes. I know people that say he is acting like a whole different person.

If so, we will find out after January 3rd. I'm just not buying it now.

Cythim

Reaction score
[video=youtube;iwu3D-Luo-E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwu3D-Luo-E[/video]

Cythim

Reaction score
Of course you missed the message. Jerry needs to look at the Man in the Mirror and make some changes (as in fire himself as GM)

Plymkr

Reaction score
Of course you missed the message. Jerry needs to look at the Man in the Mirror and make some changes (as in fire himself as GM)

No shit sherlock. Really? Hell, I thought you were talking about Jerry learning how to moonwalk.

Geeze,

But, doesn't change the fact that the guy is lip syncing and wearing floods.

sbk92

Reaction score
"There are a few things we could do that are "feel goods", but they'd be hard, hard for me to do."

I've honestly never seen a bigger ego in the sports world.

WTF is so hard about being the owner and letting a real GM run the team? Is that harder to deal with than the losing?

Reaction score
"There are a few things we could do that are "feel goods", but they'd be hard, hard for me to do."

I've honestly never seen a bigger ego in the sports world.

WTF is so hard about being the owner and letting a real GM run the team? Is that harder to deal with than the losing?

He's just dead set on proving everyone wrong, appearantly.

It's as if he thinks if the team were to win a Super Bowl with him involved in the manner that he is, or would like to be, that the sports world would look at him and say "Wow, you were right, we were wrong."

The ironic thing is, if he were to take a back seat and let football guys run the show, the team would win, he'd make boatloads of money, and he'd get credit.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's just dead set on proving everyone wrong, appearantly.It's as if he thinks if the team were to win a Super Bowl with him involved in the manner that he is, or would like to be, that the sports world would look at him and say "Wow, you were right, we were wrong."

The ironic thing is, if he were to take a back seat and let football guys run the show, the team would win, he'd make boatloads of money, and he'd get credit.

police-lights.jpg

Grammar-Police.png

How much have you had to type today?

sbk92

Reaction score
I listened to the whole thing. Which is an achievement for me as I can't stand to listen to a single word from that con man.

I walk away encouraged from that interview. I really think there's a chance for substantial change.

I mean, he's talking this way at 1-6. What's he going to be saying if we're 2-12?

I can see another Parcells situation at work here. Where he works out a deal with the new coach while Wade is still coaching out the string. Jerry gets to continue the facade that he's the General Manager, but the new coach basically runs the team.

We need to keep stinking up the joint in embarrassing fashion. Leave him no wiggle room out of this, thinking this was just a case of bad luck.

Go Packers.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
He's just dead set on proving everyone wrong, appearantly.

It's as if he thinks if the team were to win a Super Bowl with him involved in the manner that he is, or would like to be, that the sports world would look at him and say "Wow, you were right, we were wrong."

Yes,to all of the above.

According to Forbes:Made first fortune in 1970s drilling natural gas wells. Still owns oil and gas, poultry, shopping centers.

Think he runs by the poultry farms everyday and pets the chickens?

Or stops by the shopping centers to make sure Dollar General has the proper setback on it's signage?

Or makes sure his roughnecks know how to install a blow out preventer?

Of course not.Well,maybe the chickens.

It's called delegating authority.

Except in football.

Then it's called 1-6.

Reaction score
I listened to the whole thing. Which is an achievement for me as I can't stand to listen to a single word from that con man.

I walk away encouraged from that interview. I really think there's a chance for substantial change.

I mean, he's talking this way at 1-6. What's he going to be saying if we're 2-12?

I can see another Parcells situation at work here. Where he works out a deal with the new coach while Wade is still coaching out the string. Jerry gets to continue the facade that he's the General Manager, but the new coach basically runs the team.

We need to keep stinking up the joint in embarrassing fashion. Leave him no wiggle room out of this, thinking this was just a case of bad luck.

Go Packers.

I think our next head coach is either John Fox or Jason Garrett.

I don't see either having complete authority over the construction of the team.

Which might be a good thing, as many head good head coaches have struggled once given complete authority over the team.

I really wouldn't have an issue with Jerry if he would just do what he does from behind the curtain. No more talking to the team daily. No more interrupting practices to meet and greet sponsors. No more under cutting the coaching staff.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Officer, I only had 2 drinks errrrrrrrr 2posts this morning

Yeah they always say two.

I'm gonna need you to type me a 6 paragraph post on how you would improve the Cowboys. If you have more than 8.0 misspellings I'll be forced to issue you a citation.

Last edited:

sbk92

Reaction score
And check this out.

I would start Tashard Choice this week.

That's right. Sprinkle in Felix. Leave Barber at the airport.

Plymkr

Reaction score
And check this out.

I would start Tashard Choice this week.

That's right. Sprinkle in Felix. Leave Barber at the airport.

Down with that. Lock Barber in his apartment. Dude doesn't even see the bus or outside next week.

Top Bottom