Reaction score
Uncertain CBA could help save Wade's job for 2011

Jerry Jones confirmed what I've been saying for months: There will not be many coaching changes in the NFL in the coming off-season. Not unless the collective bargaining agreement gets done quicker than expected. That includes in Dallas, no matter how bad the Cowboys finish. Owners are not going to be willing to pay off a coaching staff and hire a new coaching staff with no certainty when or if the 2011 season will kickoff. In addition, when would a new coach implement his system? There aren't likely to be OTAs or mini-camps and maybe not even training camp, or a full training camp.

Ultimately, this might be what saves Wade Phillips' job. Phillips signed a two-year extension after last season. He will be paid through the 2011 season even if he is fired.

"I haven’t changed head coaches during the season," Jones said Thursday. "I wouldn’t try to or weighhow that [the uncertain CBA] impacts decisions, but certainly you aren’t going to see a lot of coaching changes as we go into next year."

Asked what exactly he meant, Jones said: "I mean just what I said. As we go into next year, I don’t see a lot of coaching changes. Period. As we go into next year, the league year of next year. That’s about it. I’m not going to go into why. I’m just saying that I don’t see that you’re going to see a lot of that."

-- Charean Williams

Read more: http://startelegramsports.typepad.com/cowboys/#tp#ixzz13iDuQgH6

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well then he won't see me watching any games.

And I mean just what I said.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Don't worry guys. Jerry Jones will be in charge for the next 20 years.

And he'll have a hard time finding idiots to pay money to go see his joke of a team if he wants to keep this shit up.

The nerve of this guy to be a smart ass...

Reaction score
After reading this shit I'm done for the night....F' it, keeping Wade even a minute after this season ends is asinine.

Jerrah is worse than Snyder by a longshot if he does..CBA or not.

Last edited:

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
And he'll have a hard time finding idiots to pay money to go see his joke of a team if he wants to keep this shit up.

The nerve of this guy to be a smart ass...

No he won't. The key word is idiots, and there are a lot of them out there.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
This pisses me off.

I've had a bad feeling about this new CBA for quite some time.

Whether it be the players or the owners who call it,some sort of work stoppage seems inevitable.

And now this.

We're stuck with Wade if the issue isn't resolved.

Epic Fail NFL.Epic.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Calm down people.

First I dont believe Jerry in there will be limited coaching changes. The draft is happening regardless of a lockout, teams will want their potential new staff in place to evaluate the roster and pick players that will fit their schemes and style of play. You wouldnt want coaches you KNEW were going to be fired eventually in there having anything to do with that process.

The only way I could see what Jones said happening is if the owners KNEW FOR CERTAIN that there was going to be NO football in 2011.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Calm down people.

First I dont believe Jerry in there will be limited coaching changes. The draft is happening regardless of a lockout, teams will want their potential new staff in place to evaluate the roster and pick players that will fit their schemes and style of play. You wouldnt want coaches you KNEW were going to be fired eventually in there having anything to do with that process.

The only way I could see what Jones said happening is if the owners KNEW FOR CERTAIN that there was going to be NO football in 2011.

It would actually be smart to hire a coach during the lockout. If there are no games, it will give the new guy that much more time to get everything in place.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Calm down people.

Exactly.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I don't.

If there is a lockout, the league would basically be in freeze mode. There would be no getting things in place.

Right.This thing all the earmarks of being a grade 5 clusterfuck.

sbk92

Reaction score
Right.This thing all the earmarks of being a grade 5 clusterfuck.

Obviously I'm hoping there's no lockout. But only if the NFLPA blinks first.

I fully support the owners in this battle.

Well, 31 of the owners.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Obviously I'm hoping there's no lockout. But only if the NFLPA blinks first.

I fully support the owners in this battle.

Well, 31 of the owners.

Which one do you not support?

Top Bottom