Reaction score
Cowboys' Igor Olshansky: 'I really don't care what the announcers said about me' Posted at 4:01 PM on Wed., Oct. 27, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

The Cowboys had celebration penalties in back to back weeks and on Monday, Igor Olshansky decided to celebrate after making some tackles with the Cowboys down 18 points.

If the NFL deems it was a throat-slash gesture, then he could be fined because the league outlawed them a few years ago.

"Pretty much, it's like an inside-run drill mentality," Olshansky said. "I take pride in stopping the run. This was a no-nonsense type of deal. I knew that they were going to run the ball. They knew that they were going to try to run the clock out, so it was a lot of fun."

The ESPN announcers, however, ripped Olshansky for the antics.

"I really don't care what the announcers said about me," Olshansky said. "I play this game for my family and for myself, not for anybody else's opinion or what they think about me. I have a lot of pride in what I do. If you're going to run the ball my way, I'm going to make the play, and I'm going to let you know it. Period."

Reaction score
Dumbass, he needs gone....

Noticed how he didn't say anything about team in his explanation:sbk92

C

Cr122

"I really don't care what the announcers said about me," Olshansky said. "I play this game for my family and for myself, not for anybody else's opinion or what they think about me. I have a lot of pride in what I do. If you're going to run the ball my way, I'm going to make the play, and I'm going to let you know it. Period."

Oh, really? I'll be glad when Wade is gone because he can take Igor with him.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
[video=youtube;ygQvB6OjHOU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygQvB6OjHOU[/video]

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I thought he was decent last yr, but he looks like a waste of roster space this yr. And the other night wasnt the first time he's acted like a 'tard when we're getting our asses kicked either.

Jimmy probably would have cut this guy.

C

Cr122

I thought he was decent last yr, but he looks like a waste of roster space this yr. And the other night wasnt the first time he's acted like a 'tard when we're getting our asses kicked either.

Jimmy probably would have cut this guy.

Agreed, and I wouldn't mind seeing Brent or Lissemore get more reps to see if they can play in place of Igor. But knowing Jerry he'll keep Hatcher and Bowen around for that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Agreed, and I wouldn't mind seeing Brent or Lissemore get more reps to see if they can play in place of Igor. But knowing Jerry he'll keep Hatcher and Bowen around for that.

Me either.

Brent looks like a keeper. Like what he has shown so far.

Reaction score
I'm for keeping Igor.

Are the celebrations stupid? Sure . . . but in todays NFL, virtually everyone dances a jig after making routine plays. They're all annoying as all get out.

But prototypical 3-4 DE's just don't grow on trees. And Igor is that. Very solid, under the radar type of player. The whole team has played bad. That's a result of the culuture and discipline on this team.

A new coach/regime will (should) curb that.

Top Bottom