yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I have no idea why but this post was deleted at the Cowboyzone (HATE censorship, especially censorship that makes no friggin sense whatsoever). Anyway, thought it was a good topic so I thought I'd revive it here, credit goes to "erod" for starting the thread, shout out if you happen to post here erod, here she blows:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Love the way Aikman is coming out against the Cowboys Jeri's stupid shit, wish he would drop all pretense and go full boar without restraint.

You know damn well he's heard some doozies from Parcells and Jimmy about Jeri's antics the world would love to hear.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jerry's typical answer to this is that Jimmy was "disloyal" for saying the new Jacksonville job is one he'd like. Disloyalty to Jerry real or imagined has nothing to do with quals for the RoH, as Troy comiing in a little sideways on it, accurately points out.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think they deleted it, I think they moved it to one of the 987 other forums that exist.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You know damn well he's heard some doozies from Parcells and Jimmy about Jeri's antics the world would love to hear.

Honestly I think we've heard most of them, and none of it changes Drunken GM's tune even when he knows it got "out"

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Good for Troy. Maybe some more of the 90's players will get on board and put some pressure on Jerry.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't think they deleted it, I think they moved it to one of the 987 other forums that exist.

I searched almost all of them, I think it's gone.

My screen was still up with the 1st 17 posts from the thread, so I was able to post the thread title and contents verbatim and searching via google for that title in quotes brought up nothing but perhaps I missed it

given the censorship over there, I suspect it got deleted for some stupid reason

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
turns out it was deleted because there was a Dallas Morning News reference and some attorney from the DMN threatened CZ if they didn't stop posting article and links to DMN, they'd sue or some shit

which begs the question, how fucking stupid is the DMN??? Why the hell would you not want forums to link to their articles? They've become such a pain in the ass, I avoid reading anything from their site

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
turns out it was deleted because there was a Dallas Morning News reference and some attorney from the DMN threatened CZ if they didn't stop posting article and links to DMN, they'd sue or some shit

Bullshit story, I'd wager. Convenient excuse with no requirement of proof. No doubt you can find hundreds of threads with links back to DMN and quotes of entire articles, that also happen to pass editorial muster there and weren't removed.

I've had and dealt with some legitimate DCMA requests. And that's just what they are, requests. Nobody can sue you if you link to them and even quote snippets of copyrighted material.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Bullshit story, I'd wager. Convenient excuse with no requirement of proof. No doubt you can find hundreds of threads with links back to DMN and quotes of entire articles, that also happen to pass editorial muster there and weren't removed.

I've had and dealt with some legitimate DCMA requests. And that's just what they are, requests. Nobody can sue you if you link to them and even quote snippets of copyrighted material.
you'd know better than me, here's what they say at the zone:

*** UPDATED ***

This includes tweets by their reporters with links to their articles! If you post DMN content on the site, you risk having your account suspended so please avoid doing so!

*** Previous Announcement ***

For those of you who did not visit during the off-season ..

During the summer of 2017, we received a legal Cease & Desist order from the law firm of Dallas Morning News (DMN) demanding we no longer allow DMN content on the site.

It's unfortunate given that we were sending DMN's web site several hundred users in traffic each day, but it is their choice and their content so we have abided with their legal order.

On the bright side, there are a lot of other great Cowboys news sources available that like the traffic and exposure we provide them so that will help all of us keep up with the latest Cowboys news.

***** GENERAL NOTES *****
Yes, we understand there are fair use laws.
No, we are not going to fight this.
DMN does not want its content here, we accepted that and moved on.
The legal C&D was quite specific and said "All Content" so the only way we would consider allowing their content back on the site would be if the same law firm rescinds their threat in writing and DMN provides legal permission for us to do so also in writing.

Reality, Aug 20, 2017

While we appreciate everyone's support in this matter, this is really no longer an issue for us.

Last year, DMN's lawyers demanded we remove all DMN content from the site, which we did immediately and that included deleting and wiping tens of thousands of posts from the site.

While we were disappointed with their demands, we respect it is their content and they no longer wanted it here.

We were surprised they no longer cared about the targeted traffic CZ was sending them every day, but the decision was likely made by people who have no interest in their marketing or reader relationships.

In any case, I only re-sticky'ed the thread because we have a lot of new members on the site who are not aware of the DMN situation here.

Again, we really do appreciate all of the support and we are sorry that a Dallas Cowboys news source is no longer allowed on the site, but fortunately there are many other sources of news and articles and many other sites who enjoy and appreciate the traffic they receive from CZ.

Reality, Aug 21, 2018

Just reminding everyone that DMN content is not allowed on CowboysZone!

This includes tweets with links to DMN content either directly or through shortened URLs!

Reality, Today at 3:05 PM

Reaction score

DMCA happens a lot in youtube, but most of the time they are just bluffing. As long as you transform it in some way such as record your own commentary, parody it, properly credit where you got the material, and/or use only short clips you are good.

Links to articles with a headline snippet are perfectly fine here in the States as far as I know. The Euros have different rules, and might make them far worse from what I've read.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's bullshit.

It happened a year or so ago but Reality took it to the next level and wanted another letter from the law firm. Folks from the DMN did reach out (from what I can remember) but he wouldn't budge without some documentation from the law form.

In any event, the DMN was getting some action/clicks from CZ and other forums by attaching links to the article. I thought it was stupid to send a legal cease and desist order but who knows. I dodn't even read print media anymore and I won't pay for it on-line.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It happened a year or so ago but Reality took it to the next level and wanted another letter from the law firm. Folks from the DMN did reach out (from what I can remember) but he wouldn't budge without some documentation from the law form.

In any event, the DMN was getting some action/clicks from CZ and other forums by attaching links to the article. I thought it was stupid to send a legal cease and desist order but who knows. I dodn't even read print media anymore and I won't pay for it on-line.

I mean, this is all according to him. Folks just taking his word on it?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I mean, this is all according to him. Folks just taking his word on it?

The DMN responded on CZ. He may have even posted the letter. I don't think there's a question of the story's validity.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The DMN responded on CZ. He may have even posted the letter. I don't think there's a question of the story's validity.

Oh cool then. I could just make a sock claiming to be the Star-Telegram then, and post here!

I'm just skeptical, 20 years of doing this can make ya that way. Last 11 years admin of one of the largest and busiest sports forums on the web, and DMN doesn't mind the 100s of its articles linked and posted there. Just seems very convienent that one of the most heavily moderated and stifling DC sites claims it has to delete entire threads due to a DMCA request. Instead of just editing the link and all but a few snippets, out of the offending post(s).

Handy little tool when you don't want the membership talking about certain subjects.

Trouty

Reaction score
I have no idea why but this post was deleted at the Cowboyzone (HATE censorship, especially censorship that makes no friggin sense whatsoever). Anyway, thought it was a good topic so I thought I'd revive it here, credit goes to "erod" for starting the thread, shout out if you happen to post here erod, here she blows:

Good stuff, Yimmy. I hadn't seen this one. He's been giving less than two fucks here recently. Wonderful. Loved it when he ripped the org a couple weeks ago. He had a wonderful interview on Joe Buck's Audience Channel show about a year ago and he said he'd like to be a GM. Buck asked him if he saw himself as the GM for the Cowboys and Troy replied with a "no".

Top Bottom