Reaction score
Quincy Carter arrested... yes again

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/hom...105564113.html

LAWRENCEVILLE — Former University of Georgia and NFL quarterback Quincy Carter was arrested again last week — this time in Gwinnett County, on a battery warrant from earlier this month.
According to a police report, officers responded to the Lawrenceville home of Carter’s girlfriend in the wee hours of Oct. 5. She told police that Carter came home at about 1 a.m. “drunk again.”
When she reportedly told Carter she wanted to end their relationship because she “had enough of him being drunk all the time,” things turned violent, the girlfriend said.
“He put both of his hands around her neck and started choking her,” the report from Gwinnett County Police says. “He also punched her in the mouth and in the face area several times.”
The officer noted several bruises and cuts on the alleged victim’s face and arms.
A warrant was taken out for Carter — who played quarterback at Georgia from 1998-2000 and then with the Dallas Cowboys before stints in the Canadian and arena leagues — that night.
Carter was subsequently pulled over in Duluth on Oct. 15 after an officer reported noticing an expired tag. The 33-year-old Carter did not have a valid driver’s license either.
“(Carter) stated he currently did not have a driver’s license because his driver’s license expired in 2004,” the officer wrote.
Carter, who has been arrested on a series of drug and alcohol-related charges in recent years, was released on $6,596 bond.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Amazingly, there are still idiots who believe we'd have been better off with Q-bong at QB

Best thing this clown ever did was get busted for drugs, otherwise Romo almost assuredly wouldnt have been here.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Amazingly, there are still idiots who believe we'd have been better off with Q-bong at QB

Best thing this clown ever did was get busted for drugs, otherwise Romo almost assuredly wouldnt have been here.

That's what happens when you have a dumb ass GM. You miss out on great players unless something miraculous happens.

Reaction score
“He put both of his hands around her neck and started choking her,” the report from Gwinnett County Police says. “He also punched her in the mouth and in the face area several times.”

So, is that like, illegal or something?

Reaction score
Well . . . if I know Quincy "This team knows who its leader is" Carter, nothing was ever his fault.

It's highly unlikely this was his fault as well.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We had to reduced the playbook by 80% for this dumb ass.

Quincy playbook:

1) Hand off to RB (thats the person standing behind you with a similar helmet on)

2) Do not hand off to RB (that person behind you) instead hold ball, run as fast as you can left or right and try to go towards the endzone as far as you can.

3) Pass play. Each of our receivers will run to the tree, err, to a spot downfield and turn around. If you see another color uniform player betwen you and our player, then refer to play #2 above.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Quincy playbook:

1) Hand off to RB (thats the person standing behind you with a similar helmet on)

2) Do not hand off to RB (that person behind you) instead hold ball, run as fast as you can left or right and try to go towards the endzone as far as you can.

3) Pass play. Each of our receivers will run to the tree, err, to a spot downfield and turn around. If you see another color uniform player betwen you and our player, then refer to play #2 above.

lol

I'm not even sure if he could understand that.

sbk92

Reaction score
I remember we altered the passing game to where he only had to read one side of the field. He had a deep, intermediate and short option on each play.

Embarrassing.

But at the time, I was told we don't know how good he could be. We had to wait and see and stuff.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
One of the worst drafts by anybody,anywhere.

Willie Blade didn't completely suck.That was our draft highlight.

Man.

sbk92

Reaction score
One of the worst drafts by anybody,anywhere.

Willie Blade didn't completely suck.That was our draft highlight.

Man.

Jerry's got a load of those drafts. Easily the worst I've ever seen at drafting talent.

His 1995 class still stands alone in my mind as the worst class ever.

C

Cr122

I think as a team we had some terrible drafts, yes.

And if Jerry had the final say then there's the problem.

I do praise Jerry for taking Ware over Merriman though.

If that story was true.

sbk92

Reaction score
I think as a team we had some terrible drafts, yes.

And if Jerry had the final say then there's the problem.

What do you mean "if"?

Take a look at our draft classes from 1994 to 2002. Jerry was most definitely large and in charge.

You really have to try to produce so little with so many picks. That would have gotten a real GM fired three times over.

But he's not the problem. What we need now is a new set of scapegoats. Whatever it takes (short of a GM change) to appease the fans and keep that moron money flowing in.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Jerry's got a load of those drafts. Easily the worst I've ever seen at drafting talent.

I had to go look that one up.

Wow.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Dude, just freaking stop. He is not the worst, nor is even close.

Every team in football has had one of those "1995" drafts at one time or another. Some teams have done it alot.

Yes, Jones was a total bonehead from 1994-2001. But that was a long time ago. He's changed. andf the talent on this roster has been upgraded alot. Maybe he had nothing to do with picking most of those guys, but thats ok. That means he was smart enough to defer to others.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What do you mean "if"?

Take a look at our draft classes from 1994 to 2002. Jerry was most definitely large and in charge.

You really have to try to produce so little with so many picks. That would have gotten a real GM fired three times over.

But he's not the problem. What we need now is a new set of scapegoats. Whatever it takes (short of a GM change) to appease the fans and keep that moron money flowing in.

For the record, not all the picks were bad.

Larry Allen is one of the best players in league history. Randall Godfrey, Dexter Coakley and Dat Nguyen were all good picks. Greg Ellis was a very good player. Flozelle Adams and Andre Gurode were excellent picks. Roy Williams his first several yrs was an excellent player.

Some players we just got unlucky with. Almost everyone had Shante Carver rated as a late 1st or early 2nd rd pick, but nobody knew he'd ruin himself by becoming a walking bottle of liquor. David LaFleur was ruined by a back injury. Ebenezer Ekuban had a ton of talent and was another guy rated by everyone as a 1st rounder, he just never turned into a dominant pass rusher. Derek Ross and Antonio Bryant were both exceptionally gifted talents, with 10 cent heads.

Doesnt excuse all the bad decisions. The trade down in 1995 and the 3 wasted 2nd picks was awful. The utter stupidity in passing on Tony Brackens to move down for Kavika Pittman and Clay Shiver was horrendous. The 2000 and 2001 drafts were horrible.

Top Bottom