NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Apparently he made a rap album. Skippy & Shannon were talking about it because Cole said something like he was "a rapper that just happened to play football." So Skippy called into question his commitment to football.

Rabbit ears Cole tweeted already, before the show is even over saying those guys are the problem with the NFL. So of course Skippy & Shannon respond and were pretty kind even tho they tore Cole a new one. Young and stupid gets a lesson that he wont even recognize.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I wouldnt have a problem making Vanilla Ice 2.0 a full time rapper. He is hardly irreplaceable. .

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Well, all the big rappers know you must have Skip and Shannon's take or your album will flop.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Being a rapper shouldn't impress anyone anymore. Anyone can do it these days, since everyone listens to shit. Just listen to Childish Gambino's "This is America", which is #1 right now. There's no clever rhyme scheme; there's no cadence at all. The guy is literally just talking over a beat. Artists like: A Tribe Called Quest, Nas, The Roots, De La Soul, etc. actually had talent.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Being a rapper shouldn't impress anyone anymore.
Actually there is a part of it that impresses me. The fact they are able to find that many people even less intelligent than they are to throw money at em. I need to find some idiots to throw money at me.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The scary part is that it has made it all the way up to #10 on the iTunes chart.

Makes me question the validity of the chart itself

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He's been doing this for awhile now.

I think he might be a twit, which is one of the reasons I wished we'd have gotten rid of him (and we still may)

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
gross02b.JPG

he learned from the best

Reaction score
Just another example of why this current generation of athletes is the worst ever in the NFL. With Witten's retirement, that leaves Tom Brady as perhaps the last Gen X player in the league, and his days are numbered. Once he's gone the league will be all millennial. Actually, I believe the crap level of the Millennials is what has lead to the greatness of Brady. Had his prime been spent in the 90s he would still have been a great QB, but he wouldn't have won as much as he has because the overall level of players and competition was much higher back then.

And Beasley can fuck off. Romo tried this same weak assed excuse when people rightly called him out for his lack of commitment to the Cowboys with his stupid golf fetish. Of course, he caved in the end when he realized that the fans and critics were right.

If you are in the NFL you should live it and breathe it 24/7/365 till you retire. Year round training, and a monkish lifestyle is what is required to be a champion. You have to work harder than the guys on the other teams, and you can't do that if you are busy chasing a golf dream that will never happen, or a shitty rap career that is doomed from the start. If you would rather be a rapper or golfer then retire, do that, and stop wasting the fans' time.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
And Beasley can fuck off. Romo tried this same weak assed excuse when people rightly called him out for his lack of commitment to the Cowboys
Its one thing when you are winning and producing, its a whole other thing when you arent.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Someone called him out on his commitment level and his reply was that all but 2 songs were recorded in 2016 when he had his best season of his career

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The scary part is that it has made it all the way up to #10 on the iTunes chart.

Makes me question the validity of the chart itself

That in and of itself lends itself the theory that the average Cowboy fan has an IQ in the double digit range. Explains lots of stuff like leading the league in jerseys sales year after year, etc.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
if its not forbidden in the contract then you can do it. gotta figure theres eccentric people who play in the laegue. and they have money now so they also have opportunity. i think even dipshit owner jim irsay has a rock band. youll never be able to control/stop someones ambitions no matter how dumbass they are or seem at the time

as long as this stays his hobby then i dont care. but he does say that if no rap then no nfl . nfl came first in your pocket so it needs to come first 10 out of 10 times.

i dont think beasley should be surprised by people questioning his commitment to a team that isnt winning& whose offense is coming off a down year (himself included). he put himself in the spotlight...his single is him rapping and mentioning the cowboys and jerry jones.& having cheerleaders dancing at at&t stadium in the official video he posted...

ya. a few ppl might be skeptical of your ability to keep the 2 of those things separate while being productive for the team that pays yo ulike $5m/yr

why didnt he just franchise a dunkin donuts or start a charity like everybody elese

Reaction score
Absolutely, but a player should realize the situation. You are getting paid millions of dollars, and get to be famous for playing a game. With that kind of compensation any smart player would focus on being the best. All other hobbies can wait till retirement since football careers are short, and rarely exceed 12 years. It's dumb players that don't realize this, and they out themselves fortunately. Beasely is a dumb player. Pretty sure Jimmy Johnson would have not looked too kindly upon that "rapper who happens to play football comment" which screams out loud, "I don't really care if we win a Super Bowl. I'm already set for life, so why should I really give enough of a fuck to out work my counterparts on the other teams?"

Top Bottom