icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
who is @fire_garrett on twitter??? is he one of us?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
A great servant to the Cowboys and a fantastic player in his peak years, but if I never see another 6 yard option route on 3rd & 9 it can't come a day too soon.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why you shouldn't expect Cowboys DC Rod Marinelli to make any big changes on defense
By Brandon George , Staff Writer Contact Brandon Georgeon Twitter:mad:DMN_George

marinelli.jpg
Dallas defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli is pictured during the Green Bay Packers vs. the Dallas Cowboys NFL football game at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas on Sunday, October 8, 2017. (Louis DeLuca/The Dallas Morning News)
Louis DeLuca/Staff Photographer

FRISCO -- The Cowboys defense has allowed 13 plays of 20-plus yards over the past two games and has cratered in the second half of the last three losses.

But don't look for Cowboys defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli to make any wholesale changes, especially when it comes to his scheme and core beliefs.

Marinelli said he won't waver. Whether he's defensive coordinator on a 13-3 team from last year or head coach of a 0-16 Detroit Lions team in 2008, he sticks to what he does.

"I've been around it when it's had unbelievable success and I've been around it when it didn't," Marinelli said. "Once you vacillate you are done to me, especially when you have strong convictions. You vacillate, I would lose all respect.

"I have strong belief in our players and what we do, so I never question. That's the best part of it. Over my career, it's been questioned before. I just let it go. I just keep doing what I believe in."

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
"I have strong belief in our players and what we do, so I never question. That's the best part of it. Over my career, it's been questioned before. I just let it go. I just keep doing what I believe in."

that's the most jerry quote that's ever been jerry'd in the history of jerry.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Witten loving him some Garrett

Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer
The Cowboys' three-game losing streak by a total of 92-22, has some questioning whether Jason Garrett still has the team on his side. Jason Witten defended the coach. "He does a really good job of communicating with the players, kind of talking about what the formula looks like and the winning formula," Witten said. "Certainly have a lot of confidence in him as our head coach. Nobody in this locker room has quit or approached it that way of tuning out the coaches or anything like that. That's not the case at all."

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
When you have to make a point of saying the players havent quit, you have a problem. I been watching football since the late 60's and I am pretty sure I know what quit looks like.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So now La'el Collins is having back issues? Isnt that Kerrigans side?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
LOL! At the numbnuts calling for Romo to come out of retirement and save the team and season. Guy hasnt played a full season since 2014 and when he attempted to play he ground into the dirt like a cigarette butt. People as usual see what they want to see.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yep, Marinelli is the perfect assistant to Garrett all right.

Reaction score
When you have to make a point of saying the players havent quit, you have a problem. I been watching football since the late 60's and I am pretty sure I know what quit looks like.

Me too. This team has clearly quit. You don't play the kind of shit football we've seen the last three games without a major case of the quits. It's why the whole staff should have been fired Friday morning after Thanksgiving. The fact that they haven't been fired means the fans have to quit showing up. It's either that or pay good money for more of this shit. Make Jerry face empty stadiums if he wants Garrett so bad as coach.

Top Bottom