Reaction score
The over/under on the number of offensive holding calls for the Chiefs is ZERO.

Called it. I got the game score wrong (which I am happy to be wrong there), but sure enough the refs had my back. While I'm happy for the win, something is clearly going on with this. The Cowboys simply must approach every game with the knowledge that the refs will screw them.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The Cowboys simply must approach every game with the knowledge that the refs will screw them.
That's any different from what Jimmy used to preach? "We have to be good enough so that no-calls, calls good or bad, don't affect the outcome of the game."

That said though, did you see any blatant obvious holding by KC? I was looking for it, and didn't. Meanwhile we got away with several.

To me, this is just whining. Poor ole picked on Dallas.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
the alternative explanation is that the D line isn't talented enough to force holding calls, but with Lawrence and Irving in the mix, that's hard to believe. one thing I've noticed is that Collins hasn't been nearly as dominant this year, esp as a pass rusher

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
the alternative explanation is that the D line isn't talented enough to force holding calls, but with Lawrence and Irving in the mix, that's hard to believe. one thing I've noticed is that Collins hasn't been nearly as dominant this year, esp as a pass rusher

We're supposed to believe all the officiating crews have conspired to allow Dallas opponents to hold all they want, and all of them agree with this, no dissenters or rats among them.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Called it. I got the game score wrong (which I am happy to be wrong there), but sure enough the refs had my back. While I'm happy for the win, something is clearly going on with this. The Cowboys simply must approach every game with the knowledge that the refs will screw them.
Jeff Heath was definitely held on the Tyreek Hill TD just before halftime (not that it excuses the D for letting it happen).

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
We're supposed to believe all the officiating crews have conspired to allow Dallas opponents to hold all they want, and all of them agree with this, no dissenters or rats among them.

but you have to acknowledge that it's pretty bizarre, esp when they could call holding on any play

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
but you have to acknowledge that it's pretty bizarre, esp when they could call holding on any play

Bizarre that they pretty much call only the blatant obvious stuff and also bizarre that the better coached teams don't do much of the blatant obvious stuff. Just like it's bizarre that at least 28 other teams have better coaching than we do.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

I believe he’s playing with an injury. Not sure exactly what kind of injury but I remember hearing that somewhere.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Yes, yes we are!

tinfoilhat.jpg

Reaction score
Ok, here's the challenge.

You all just saw me make the prediction days before that KC would have no offensive holding calls. You all saw. The pics are there so it happened. This is a matter of fact.

Am I psychic? Hell no. My piss poor record in predicting the Cowboys games this years proves that, so how did I get such an out of nowhere prediction like this correct?

Because this is some BULLSHIT. It has become so blatant that it can be called out ahead of time. Again, you all saw my prediction come true tinfoil hat or not.

So again, the challenge - pick any random NFL game not involving the Cowboys and predict which team will go without getting called for holding on offense. How often do you think you get it right? It can be any game from here till the end of the year, but it has to be a game not involving the Cowboys so we can get a control for the experiment.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Ok, here's the challenge.

You all just saw me make the prediction days before that KC would have no offensive holding calls. You all saw. The pics are there so it happened. This is a matter of fact.

Am I psychic? Hell no. My piss poor record in predicting the Cowboys games this years proves that, so how did I get such an out of nowhere prediction like this correct?

Because this is some BULLSHIT. It has become so blatant that it can be called out ahead of time. Again, you all saw my prediction come true tinfoil hat or not.

So again, the challenge - pick any random NFL game not involving the Cowboys and predict which team will go without getting called for holding on offense. How often do you think you get it right? It can be any game from here till the end of the year, but it has to be a game not involving the Cowboys so we can get a control for the experiment.

The real test is, can you keep doing it. Will these nasty mean ole refs keep letting the opponent get a pass on holding our limp dicked defensive players.

But you of course ignored my earlier question: Did you see any blatant obvious holding by KC today.

This is how nutbar conspiracy theories work - without any factual basis, just happenstance.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That said though, did you see any blatant obvious holding by KC? I was looking for it, and didn't. Meanwhile we got away with several.

Yeah there were plenty of them. Ignored, just like all the others for the last 21+ quarters now.

To me, this is just whining. Poor ole picked on Dallas.

OK. To me this is just you trolling or being a dumbass, because this is a ridiculous run with the officials.

The Cowboys DL ranks at or near the top of the league in almost every pass rush stat there is, and they cant draw ONE FUCKING HOLDING CALL IN 5+ games now?

STFU

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Bizarre that they pretty much call only the blatant obvious stuff and also bizarre that the better coached teams don't do much of the blatant obvious stuff. Just like it's bizarre that at least 28 other teams have better coaching than we do.

Well that doesn't pass either dumbass, considering several of the holding calls AGAINST the Cowboys in that span were iffy/borderline at best.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I believe he’s playing with an injury. Not sure exactly what kind of injury but I remember hearing that somewhere.

He's been bothered by a foot injury I believe.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I love the dbair/Dooms feuds

Its not even a feud. It's just one of us pointing out that the other one is trolling.

I suspect he does it to spark posting. I really don't think he cant be that blatantly dumb.

Top Bottom