dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, it's done for the season.

I'm sick of this garbage. If Jones cares so little about the team that he'll continue to trot out the worst HC in the league week after week then why the fuck should I care any at all? Congrats Johnny Walker GM, you just ensured I'll find other things to do most Sunday's now.

This is hands down the worst coached team in football. They have 3 ALL PRO OL, but somehow cant block consistently enough as a group to open holes or give enough time to throw. The moron HC came out this week and decided because they are on a short week, that they shouldn't tackle in practice (again) and what happens? They miss 25 tackles during the game. The rookie returner had one of the of the worst games a return guy could ever have yesterday, returning 3 kicks well into the endzone that failed to reach the 20, and then the game killing miffed punt on a play he should have either fielded cleanly with a fair catch or just ran away from it. Total game changing play. Of course that was right after the special teams yielded a 60-70 kickoff return on the series or two before, setting up the Rams for easy points after we scored on a long TD drive.

After our offense just bitch slapped the shit out of the Rams in the first half and scored on all 4 possessions, gaining nearly 300 yards along the way, the offense goes completely stagnant in the 2nd half and does next to nothing most of the half. The defense let the other team score NINE FUCKING TIMES, including 5 straight possessions at one point in the 2nd half. They line up in virtually the same formation EVERY PLAY it seems, and at the end of the game despite knowing the run was coming, got trampled over to give up a time consuming FG drive.

It's way past time for Garrett to go. He probably should have been fired after the second 8-8 season, and definitely after the third one. He's the worst HC in football and it isn't even close. Am also tired of the rest of the staff. We arnt winning any championships with a HC and staff as inept as this.

With that said, am shutting down this weekly waste of time for the rest of the season. I got nothing anymore (other than frustration). It's the same shit every other season with this retarded clown as HC. This season was easily set up to take the next step towards being a real contender, and instead it looks like 8-8 will be the best we can do (again)

FUCK YOU JONES AND FUCK YOU GARRETT

Reaction score
Just want to put this here even though i already mentioned it in another thread.

Hat tip to TheCoolFan at the Zone.

In his last 15 games versus a rookie head coach, Garrett has a record of 4-11.

After a decade of the process (including his time as OC), rookie coaches routinely give Garrett a wedgie, stuff him in a locker, and take his lunch money.

Imagine what this franchise could be with a coach like Jim Harbaugh.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Everyone obsesses about Garrett but it’s more likely jeri is the one stipulating no tackling. Garrett serves his purpose of deflecting the wrath due to jeri well because fans buy into it hook, line and sinker.

Garrett is merely a symptom of the true problem, gawd only knows the shit jeri pulls behind the scenes

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The rookie returner had one of the of the worst games a return guy could ever have yesterday, returning 3 kicks well into the endzone that failed to reach the 20, and then the game killing miffed punt on a play he should have either fielded cleanly with a fair catch or just ran away from it.
To me, Switzer is a perfect example of what is wrong with this brain trust. The player didn't play any in preseason but the Jones Boys (including Garrett) were so proud of themselves for "stealing" him, they couldn't wait to put him out in crucial situations without proper preparation or actually earning the job. If he has more reps first, maybe he doesn't make a dumb mistake like that.

And BTW, I don't see why he's a kickoff returner. Punts, where you need a quick and shifty guy with excellent hands? Yes. Kickoffs, where hands aren't an issue and you need more straight speed and a lot sturdier build? No.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
With that said, am shutting down this weekly waste of time for the rest of the season.
It ain't a waste of the readers' time. You're doing this for the readers, right? Not for you?

You are not authorized to quit.:razz

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
he'll be back with a nice write-up if we beat Green Bay next week

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Imagine what this franchise could be with a coach like Jim Harbaugh.

I'd like to but for a million reasons it wont happen. Harbaugh typically wins with fundamental, grind it out type football. Not to mention he wears his bosses out in no time. Jerry likes spineless, all sizzle no steak types, who will give him all the credit for winning.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
dbair how can you not be used to this by now? How could you let yourself be sucked in again after last year? If it wasnt going to happen last year, it was never going to. After all Garrett is still Garrett, and Jerry is still Jerry.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
To me, Switzer is a perfect example of what is wrong with this brain trust. The player didn't play any in preseason but the Jones Boys (including Garrett) were so proud of themselves for "stealing" him, they couldn't wait to put him out in crucial situations without proper preparation or actually earning the job. If he has more reps first, maybe he doesn't make a dumb mistake like that.

It seems like training camp is just a formality for this team and it seems that the the primary goal is not necessarily to evaluate players, but to stay healthy. You can't really play your way off the team and I completely agree on Switzer. I keep asking myself what they see in this guy. We drafted Skyler Green a few years back and Parcells cut the kid when he didn't perform or like what he saw in practice. It sends a message. It's the same reason he kept Romo on the team.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
The oline needs to pick it up or Ezekiel Elliot is going to be an afterthought. Kareem Hunt is on pace to surpass last year's great run from Zeke.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
La'el Collins and Anthony Brown graded pretty good in the game according to pro football focus.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
dbair how can you not be used to this by now? How could you let yourself be sucked in again after last year? If it wasnt going to happen last year, it was never going to. After all Garrett is still Garrett, and Jerry is still Jerry.

I know...I know

I guess I cant help myself.

Top Bottom