Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have a couple questions

First - how do you watch every single Cowboy game? I have had direct TV/Sunday ticket for years and am looking for a better way (or at least more affordable way) to watch my Cowboy games.

Ever since ATT bought direct TV their customer service has gone to shit! They no longer care about customer loyalty and no longer reward long time customers.

Last season I got Sunday ticket for $120. This season it's back up to full price. I threatened to cancel my subscription stating that the only reason I'm still with direct TV is because of the football package and that didn't even work. (It has in the past)

So I'm wondering if there is a better way to watch every Cowboy game?

Second - I was in the mood to go back and watch Hard Knocks with the Cowboys 2008. Direct tv only had the last 4 seasons available. The NFL Network app on Apple TV had all seasons but they want $50 for a premier subscription to go back to previous seasons. I'm not willing to pay that just to go back and rewatch the Cowboys on Hard Knocks.

Does anyone have a better idea on another way to go back and watch that season?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I rely on free-to-air games and illegal game streams

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I realize that over half our games are nationally televised because we are Americas Team so I'm not worried about those games.

But I live in L.A. and now that we have two fucking NFL teams I'm sure I will miss even more Cowboy games so they can play the shitty Charger games instead

Plus I have tried to watch games live streaming from free sites when I was at work but I got sick of the buffering and loss connection bullshit

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I watch every game, i have NFL Network and good cable.

BUT - I mute the network broadcasts and pipe in the DC radio team, for the audio. Highly recommended. Have done that since the early 80s.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I watch every game, i have NFL Network and good cable.

BUT - I mute the network broadcasts and pipe in the DC radio team, for the audio. Highly recommended. Have done that since the early 80s.

Brad Sham is as good as it gets. Laufenberg on the other hand, not so much.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Back in the day I had to listen to Cowboys games on Armed Forces Radio via a very grainy MW signal that I could pick up in England all the way from Germany. The signal would fade in and out at regular intervals. I can remember the '93 Thanksgiving game vs Miami (Leon Lett's gaffe) and the '94 game vs Cleveland (Novacek stopped at the 1yd line as time expired) in particular as the signal faded right at the end and I didn't know the Cowboys had lost until much later. Even in today's internet age, I still get nostalgic for those days.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
YouTube Kodi. It will change your life. You could watch any Hard Knocks episode you desire on any device you want.

As for live streaming games, haven't seen one yet that doesn't buffer a lot. You could always go to a sports bar or strip club.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Back in the day I had to listen to Cowboys games on Armed Forces Radio via a very grainy MW signal that I could pick up in England all the way from Germany. The signal would fade in and out at regular intervals. I can remember the '93 Thanksgiving game vs Miami (Leon Lett's gaffe) and the '94 game vs Cleveland (Novacek stopped at the 1yd line as time expired) in particular as the signal faded right at the end and I didn't know the Cowboys had lost until much later. Even in today's internet age, I still get nostalgic for those days.
Today it's quite the little techie trick to get the radio audio in sync with what you see happening on the screen, since the advent of the digital TV signals. I had to totally give up using the trusty FM receiver that's in my home theater system, because what you get with that is easily 12-14 seconds ahead of what you see on the screen.

So I STREAM the radio broadcast over the internet, from the radio station's site. That puts the audio about 6 seconds behind the visual. So, then you just pause live action with your DVR for that 6 seconds, and you're in sync!

Yes, it is worth all the trouble to do this, to avoid the inane network commentary.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This is one black mark against your Houston move, Scot. The media there hate the Cowboys and do everything possible to keep them off the air. A little east, west, or north and you're good though.

Oh, and you're so right about AT&T ruining DTV. I knew it would happen, and it definitely is. I'm so sick of them I might even cancel after being a customer for 20 years.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Today it's quite the little techie trick to get the radio audio in sync with what you see happening on the screen, since the advent of the digital TV signals. I had to totally give up using the trusty FM receiver that's in my home theater system, because what you get with that is easily 12-14 seconds ahead of what you see on the screen.

So I STREAM the radio broadcast over the internet, from the radio station's site. That puts the audio about 6 seconds behind the visual. So, then you just pause live action with your DVR for that 6 seconds, and you're in sync!

Yes, it is worth all the trouble to do this, to avoid the inane network commentary.
Good tip. I'll give it a try next season.

Top Bottom