Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
ddc2fea2c5f24cc8cf7e40e01b209395.png

Well it looks like Switzer is already impressing ppl while Beasley is out. I'm excited to see what this kid brings to the offense and special teams. See ya Lucky! Good luck finding a job elsewhere

And Jesus we have a shitload of injuries already
b543484adb17728b2ce7331605c25006.png

So WTF is wrong with Chaz Green this season? Why will he miss most of the season in 2017? A fucking hangnail?

Last edited:

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Switzer could end up being the best pick in this draft. All the guy does is catch the ball, move the chains, and make plays. Can never have enough of that. It is a shame Green doesnt stay on the field because he has some talent. He obviously doesnt love the game and has the toughness of tin foil. He'll bounce around and be out of the league within five years.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Switzer could end up being the best pick in this draft. All the guy does is catch the ball, move the chains, and make plays. Can never have enough of that. It is a shame Green doesnt stay on the field because he has some talent. He obviously doesnt love the game and has the toughness of tin foil. He'll bounce around and be out of the league within five years.

I agree about Switzer

By the end of the season I believe we all will be thinking we stole him in the fourth round if for no other reason than addition by subtraction for removing Lucky from the return duties

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I agree about Switzer

By the end of the season I believe we all will be thinking we stole him in the fourth round if for no other reason than addition by subtraction for removing Lucky from the return duties

It will be nice to finally have a real return guy, after Cole was uh... not the best at that job.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It will be nice to finally have a real return guy, after Cole was uh... not the best at that job.
Cole was only called upon because the coaches didn't trust Lucky. We need a dependable return man with a bit of spark. Hopefully Switzer is that guy.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He impressed today as well. Mentions of him making one handed toe tapping grabs and shit

So I'm looking forward to seeing him on the field this season

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Cole was only called upon because the coaches didn't trust Lucky. We need a dependable return man with a bit of spark. Hopefully Switzer is that guy.

I do too because the Cowboys haven't had a good return guy since Dwayne Harris in 2014.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I do too because the Cowboys haven't had a good return guy since Dwayne Harris in 2014.

Harris had some moments, but he was pretty careless too. He had several fumbles and muffed punts over is time here. Not sure why he got such a pass on it from fans.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Oh, that's not good. REALLY not good.

Reaction score
Listening to Dennis and Cowlishaw mull over where and when Switzer can play. They are convinced that the only time Switzer "can" be on the offense is for 4 WR or to spell Beasley. Now, follow me here: Dennis keeps saying that Dallas has no deep threat on the outside and he keeps saying that TWilly was supposed to be that "but it never worked out that way". But both Dennis and Cowlishaw are pointing out that PFF had Beasley ranked as 13th WR in the league and 3rd in the slot. He was Dallas best WR last year and Daks favorite.

Why would Beasely come off the field?

Switzer was the best WR in the slot in college football last year and his drop rate was visually zero. He catches with his hands in traffic and might have the quickest 3 Cone on the team, which statistically makes him the quickest of the WRs.

If Switzer becomes a slot WR that is a valuable weapon, why would you take him off the field?

Dez is still open all the time even when covered and will still demand a double team.

Speed, quickness, routes, hands. Check check check check.

So what's the problem? Well there's number 83 with an intellectual disability and can't beat single coverage and he was given 17 million because he can block. Why isn't anyone looking at the obvious here.

Beasley on the outside, Switzer in the slot, Dez on the other side.

How is that possible? Beasley can beat single coverage, he is faster than TWilly and in ridiculous thinking that we have come to expect from the Garrett era, the Moss-Welker Patriots that were so famous featured Moss and Welker on the outside. How similar are Beasley and Welker? Stature-wise very similar. But speed wise it's not even close. Welker was linebacker speed. 4.65/40.

The answer is if Switzer is that dynamic and Beasley is that dangerous and reliable and Dez is still that violent, why would they take any of them off the field? (The Zeke 3rd down empty backfield question notwithstanding)

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The answer is if Switzer is that dynamic and Beasley is that dangerous and reliable and Dez is still that violent, why would they take any of them off the field? (The Zeke 3rd down empty backfield question notwithstanding)
Maybe they won't. Our brain trust is probably trying to recreate the Pats' multiple white WR scheme just like they did years ago when they tried to recreate the Pats' multiple TE scheme with Escobar.

(Only partially kidding)

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Listening to Dennis and Cowlishaw mull over where and when Switzer can play. They are convinced that the only time Switzer "can" be on the offense is for 4 WR or to spell Beasley. Now, follow me here: Dennis keeps saying that Dallas has no deep threat on the outside and he keeps saying that TWilly was supposed to be that "but it never worked out that way". But both Dennis and Cowlishaw are pointing out that PFF had Beasley ranked as 13th WR in the league and 3rd in the slot. He was Dallas best WR last year and Daks favorite.

Why would Beasely come off the field?

Switzer was the best WR in the slot in college football last year and his drop rate was visually zero. He catches with his hands in traffic and might have the quickest 3 Cone on the team, which statistically makes him the quickest of the WRs.

If Switzer becomes a slot WR that is a valuable weapon, why would you take him off the field?

Dez is still open all the time even when covered and will still demand a double team.

Speed, quickness, routes, hands. Check check check check.

So what's the problem? Well there's number 83 with an intellectual disability and can't beat single coverage and he was given 17 million because he can block. Why isn't anyone looking at the obvious here.

Beasley on the outside, Switzer in the slot, Dez on the other side.

How is that possible? Beasley can beat single coverage, he is faster than TWilly and in ridiculous thinking that we have come to expect from the Garrett era, the Moss-Welker Patriots that were so famous featured Moss and Welker on the outside. How similar are Beasley and Welker? Stature-wise very similar. But speed wise it's not even close. Welker was linebacker speed. 4.65/40.

I've never bought Cole as a go to receiver. He is good, but it seemed like Dak threw it to him WAY more than he should have. Either Dak himself or Linehan has a thing for him. Why the Cowboys resigned Williams I have no idea. I have seen Arena league/indoor league receivers who I know are better than Williams.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Why the Cowboys resigned Williams I have no idea.

They went with the devil you know theory and decided to put the draft assets into the defense. I would not have resigned Williams but I wasnt consulted. One of the biggest problems with the FO is too often they go with the devil you know theory.

Last edited:

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
As dumb as it may sound, they love how well TW blocks in the run game. It's not the WR's primary job, obviously, but it does contribute to big running plays, and someone like Switzer wouldn't be nearly as good.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
They went with the devil you know theory and decided to put the draft assets into the defense. I would not have resigned Williams but I wasnt consulted. One of the biggest problems with the FO is too often they go with the devil you know theory.

I would get that thought process if this wasn't a good receiver draft. But with how deep the receiver class was, resigning him was a waste of cap which isn't something the Cowboys have much of.

Top Bottom