14ee77cd330a0cb26986e28656fb2083.png

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
always the D-line, maybe thats the secret sauce jeri was referring to

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Said it before, but we've had more suspensions under Garrett than anyone since at least Campo, and maybe the 90s. And really I don't think it's even close.

Some writer out there should do a story on it, but that might make their precious COY look bad.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No I didnt pay for premium content, and yes he is one stupid mother fucker.

If its PED's, I don't really get mad about it. The league is clearly littered with guys who are abusing PED's. Many of those are OTC supplements any of us can buy legally.

The fact that they pick and choose who to punish for this shit is laughable IMO. There are CLEARLY guys on other rosters who have gotten away with steroid/PED abuse for years and have never been busted for it.

The guys that get busted for coke, pot or illicit drugs, those are the ones that are stupid and we should be PO'd at.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The worst part is he was sponsored by the company who's PED was taking and now suspended for

So it's not like anyone was hiding the fact he was taking them

He was getting paid to take them from this company

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

A source confirmed that Cowboys defensive end David Irving is facing a four-game suspension for violating the performance-enhancing drug policy. Irving has appealed the penalty. The source said the issue stems from an over-the-counter substance. Irving was the Cowboys' most productive defensive end late last season with three of his four sacks in the final month.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Giants kickers beats the living hell out of his wife for years, gets 1 game.

David Irving going to get 4 game vacay for taking some OTC crap that any slob can walk into GNC and probably get for 50 or 60 bucks.

Seems legit.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I think the Eagles Lane Johnson got suspended for something similar IIRC. Taking OTC supplements made by a company he had an endorsement deal with. His appeal was unsuccessful IIRC.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think the Eagles Lane Johnson got suspended for something similar IIRC. Taking OTC supplements made by a company he had an endorsement deal with. His appeal was unsuccessful IIRC.

He had more than one violation too though didn't he?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
all irving had to do was clear the supplement with the cowboys training staff. how hard is that to do?

now we lose 4 games from another defensive lineman because he's a fuckin goober.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
all irving had to do was clear the supplement with the cowboys training staff. how hard is that to do?

now we lose 4 games from another defensive lineman because he's a fuckin goober.

It sounds like it was cleared with him and the league, and he may have gotten a new supplement or something from that same company.

Whatever it is, seems like there is more to the story.

My personal opinion is if something is available OTC, it probably shouldn't banned.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Said it before, but we've had more suspensions under Garrett than anyone since at least Campo, and maybe the 90s. And really I don't think it's even close.

Some writer out there should do a story on it, but that might make their precious COY look bad.

check it out:

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
why would you want a middling talent like Irving to endorse anything? this supplement company sounds like a convenient alibi he can use if he ever gets caught. "I wasn't cheating; I was innocently using a great product!" :rolleyes

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It sounds like it was cleared with him and the league, and he may have gotten a new supplement or something from that same company.

Whatever it is, seems like there is more to the story.

My personal opinion is if something is available OTC, it probably shouldn't banned.

i worked at gnc in college and new supplement companies always seemed to come out of nowhere. as a supplement manufacturer, you want your customers to get the biggest gains, greatest intensity, fastest recovery, etc. the newest products always walked a fine line when it came to ban-able substances. after a couple months, the newest ingredient would make the banned substance list and they'd have to recall and re-formulate everything. lots of times there was no recall, and you could continue to buy banned supplements as long as they were available---we still sold them but we didn't get replenished.

i remember back in the day when they banned andro and ephedra and everyone wanted it after the ban.

there's no way to regulate supplements and the ban list is ever-changing. you'll always have a guy who fucks up because he took the wrong shit or even too much of the right shit. but still, as a pro-athlete, you have so many resources at your disposal that this should never happen.

Last edited:

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
why would you want a middling talent like Irving to endorse anything? this supplement company sounds like a convenient alibi he can use if he ever gets caught. "I wasn't cheating; I was innocently using a great product!" :rolleyes

i don't think there's fire to that smoke. lots of shitty athletes did very well marketing supplements. a strength gaining supplement with tom brady on the cover isn't going to sell shit. put a monster like irving on something and maybe you can move product.

as a workout warrior i didn't care as much how good you were at a sport, as much as what you look like.

there are some big name athletes out there that rep supplements tho.

Top Bottom