Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And say hello to what I'm already calling the "Legion of Noobs."

Awuzie
Lewis
Woods
White

How many will actually make the game day roster?

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I'm hoping all 4 make it (well White may be inactive?), I'm still hoping Heath doesn't make the team this year

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think it's a lot to ask four rookies, two of them late day 3 picks, to come in and be difference makers Year One.

I think the Laissez-faire attitude in free agency is going to come back to bite this team hard this year. I do think Chidobe Awuzie and Jourdan Lewis will be long-term contributors to this secondary, but there are too many question marks on this year's defense. This defense will get scorched by Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, and unfortunately, Eli Manning.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I really like Awuzie and he's a very good player, but damn, makes Claiborne look like a tackling all-star.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Wait so there are no actual boobs in this thread? Thanks a lot.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Wait so there are no actual boobs in this thread? Thanks a lot.
"This was a test. This was only a test. Had there been actual boobs you would have been instructed where to tune for the information. This concludes our test of the emergency boob system."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Awuzie
Lewis
Woods
White

I think all make the 53.

Scandrick or Nolan Carroll will be traded or cut in the end I suspect.

Honestly I don't get the feeling the coaches really want Scandrick here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think it's a lot to ask four rookies, two of them late day 3 picks, to come in and be difference makers Year One.

I think the Laissez-faire attitude in free agency is going to come back to bite this team hard this year. I do think Chidobe Awuzie and Jourdan Lewis will be long-term contributors to this secondary, but there are too many question marks on this year's defense. This defense will get scorched by Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, and unfortunately, Eli Manning.

I don't doubt there will be bumps in the road, but I gotta believe the influx of speed, range and playmaking ability is going to have more ups than downs.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't doubt there will be bumps in the road, but I gotta believe the influx of speed, range and playmaking ability is going to have more ups than downs.
I can't say I miss the Legion of Boobs that's for sure. The combination of dumbness and lack of any real speed just won't work in the NFL - not even in this parity-diseased version of it. To be a successful DB in the league you really need one or the other. Not neither.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Awuzie
Lewis
Woods
White

All of em. If for no other reason than rookie contracts provide cheap labor. Jerry likes to spend his money on offense because that sells tickets and gear. Gotta balance that off on the other side of the ball cap wise. Its not like these guys are taking the place of any body you really want back there, in fact I'd of paid for an uber to the airport for Claiborne, Carr and Church.

Reaction score
I think all make the 53.

Scandrick or Nolan Carroll will be traded or cut in the end I suspect.

Honestly I don't get the feeling the coaches really want Scandrick here.
I agree. Seems like the speed doesn't really equal turnovers or punishing plays or shut downs. He's not great. I don't think he is really that good. He's just decent. I think his best turnover will be when he is uprooted and removed from the roster. I don't mind the talent but he just always seemed to chase the play instead of impacting the play.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I agree. Seems like the speed doesn't really equal turnovers or punishing plays or shut downs. He's not great. I don't think he is really that good. He's just decent. I think his best turnover will be when he is uprooted and removed from the roster. I don't mind the talent but he just always seemed to chase the play instead of impacting the play.
Agree that he's always been pretty good, but hardly some difference maker.

What's funny is the team and team toadies have always acted like he was Revis. Now they can't wait to get rid of him.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
The year Scandrick was picked, he was a 3rd rounder that did nothing but cripple our own players and yet, of the 2 corners taken that year by this team the other in the 1st, Scandrick is the only one left. The man has Moxie!

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The year Scandrick was picked, he was a 3rd rounder that did nothing but cripple our own players and yet, of the 2 corners taken that year by this team the other in the 1st, Scandrick is the only one left. The man has Moxie!

He was a 5th rounder. He was one of the youngest players in that draft if I recall correctly, barely turning 21.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Dang I knew it was the 5th, not sure why i typed the 3rd. I've had a head and chest cold for a week now and should Probably let my mind stop playing tricks on me. Either way, he out played Hamlin, Jenkins, and then we spent another 1st on yet another corner in 2011 and we all saw how that worked out. Truth is, Scandrick is one of the games best slot corners and he knows it and we know he knows it. Yeah age is catching up on him and he's had a couple of drug issues that frankly the NFL needs to revamp that horrible way of doing banned drugs and come into the reality of the 21st century. I have always liked the kid, he was the Rudy of his draft class and out lasted all of em.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Dang I knew it was the 5th, not sure why i typed the 3rd. I've had a head and chest cold for a week now and should Probably let my mind stop playing tricks on me. Either way, he out played Hamlin, Jenkins, and then we spent another 1st on yet another corner in 2011 and we all saw how that worked out. Truth is, Scandrick is one of the games best slot corners and he knows it and we know he knows it. Yeah age is catching up on him and he's had a couple of drug issues that frankly the NFL needs to revamp that horrible way of doing banned drugs and come into the reality of the 21st century. I have always liked the kid, he was the Rudy of his draft class and out lasted all of em.

I don't think the league or its owners have any intention of lifting the ban on Molly, nor should they. That's what Scandrick was suspended for.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Truth is, Scandrick WAS one of the games best slot corners and he knows it and we know he knows it. .

FIFY

He was not very good last year. Granted it was his 1st yr back from an ACL tear, but he has never been a playmaker and never will be.

Time to move on from him IMO.

Top Bottom