Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Am I the only person fearful of next season? The only one who believes the chemistry and magic this team had last year is going to be gone come week one, never to be recaptured? That we'll do well to see 8-8?

If we were going to sniff a Super Bowl, last year was IT. I have a strong feeling that in some years future, we'll all be lamenting the waste of the Dak era and we still wouldn't have even sniffed the big game. And will still be averaging .500 ball ten years from now. Romo said football is a meritocracy. In Dallas, I contend it is a well entrenched metastasized like a cancer, Mediocracy. And it won't change, there is no cure.

Any takers?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We should be good again, but who knows. That's why I was saying last year that we better take advantage of a great year with good health and all the momentum on our side instead or just assuming we're at the beginning of a steady run of playoff appearances.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We should be good again, but who knows. That's why I was saying last year that we better take advantage of a great year with good health and all the momentum on our side instead or just assuming we're at the beginning of a steady run of playoff appearances.

It might be reasonable to assume that, if we had a HC worth a shit. Coach of the year, whatta chortle.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Well someone is a "glass is half empty" kind of guy.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Well someone is a "glass is half empty" kind of guy.

I'm more of a "there's a hole in the bottom of the glass" kind of guy when it comes to the Dallas Cowboys under the Ginger regime. Pretty optimistic guy overall, on most everything else.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Isnt the nutshell version of this, why would this year be any different than the last 22? You still have Barney Fife as GM and the same fraudulent head coach. The defense has been and will be suspect, and I doubt the team avoids injuries as they did last year. Also two new starters on the O Line (even though Free was trash) could take a while to jell.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Isnt the nutshell version of this, why would this year be any different than the last 22? You still have Barney Fife as GM and the same fraudulent head coach. The defense has been and will be suspect, and I doubt the team avoids injuries as they did last year. Also two new starters on the O Line (even though Free was trash) could take a while to jell.
Plus, teams have now had the time to really study Dak, and no doubt he is in for some rude awakenings come week one and beyond. Not to mention Garrett and his offensive geniuses have a entire offseason and preseason to completely fuck Dak up....

Plus there's the Zeke drama, likely he'll be facing a suspension for his idiotic stunt that went viral. And even if not, it'll be a distraction - and don't think for a minute opponents haven't been carefully studying his tendencies too.

No, the time for the title was last year. You had everything going for you, until Ginger fucks it up with his moronic spiking of the ball in the GB playoff game.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Plus, teams have now had the time to really study Dak, and no doubt he is in for some rude awakenings come week one and beyond. Not to mention Garrett and his offensive geniuses have a entire offseason and preseason to completely fuck Dak up....

Plus there's the Zeke drama, likely he'll be facing a suspension for his idiotic stunt that went viral. And even if not, it'll be a distraction - and don't think for a minute opponents haven't been carefully studying his tendencies too.

No, the time for the title was last year. You had everything going for you, until Ginger fucks it up with his moronic spiking of the ball in the GB playoff game.

i really hope you're wrong but the elephant in the room should be garrett if we fail. i'd hate to see prescott take a step back.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I really think Dak will be fine. Don't think he'll ever be Aaron Rodgers dominating with his arm, but I do think the Russell Wilson comparison is valid -- smart, great leadership, not many mistakes, can make backbreaking plays with his legs when necessary.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
i really hope you're wrong but the elephant in the room should be garrett if we fail. i'd hate to see prescott take a step back.

Which is why the O Line is so critical. Nothing could make Dak regress like an O Line that leaks. I think Collins will be OK but Bell, or Green, or whoever at RT might be another story.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

This sums Garrett up in a nutshell. You think many players, coaches and owners dont view him as one of the biggest scams going?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Am I the only person fearful of next season? The only one who believes the chemistry and magic this team had last year is going to be gone come week one, never to be recaptured? That we'll do well to see 8-8?

If we were going to sniff a Super Bowl, last year was IT. I have a strong feeling that in some years future, we'll all be lamenting the waste of the Dak era and we still wouldn't have even sniffed the big game. And will still be averaging .500 ball ten years from now. Romo said football is a meritocracy. In Dallas, I contend it is a well entrenched metastasized like a cancer, Mediocracy. And it won't change, there is no cure.

Any takers?

No. I'm not fearful of next season. I fully expect us to lay an egg. What I'm fearful is the following season, whioch is Garrett's final season of his second contract. Some way, some how, he'll "improve" over the following year, make the playoffs (likely win the division), and get and be one and done AGAIN. And that'll be enough to earn him another four years. He has been the HC of the Cowboys longer than anyone not named Landry. Everyone will be pointing to the 11th year.

Reaction score
I really think Dak will be fine. Don't think he'll ever be Aaron Rodgers dominating with his arm, but I do think the Russell Wilson comparison is valid -- smart, great leadership, not many mistakes, can make backbreaking plays with his legs when necessary.

I think if we are winning with Dak then it's the Steve McNair will to win kind of play that will push the team. Not carving defenses with passes or a clever scheme (because, well, we are not allowed to have one) but just brutal first down runs, improvising and a lot of blame on the WRs for not "getting open". But really Dak could carry a team by making up for what the rest of the offense does not do on first and second down. McNair made a career of that.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
No. I'm not fearful of next season. I fully expect us to lay an egg. What I'm fearful is the following season, whioch is Garrett's final season of his second contract. Some way, some how, he'll "improve" over the following year, make the playoffs (likely win the division), and get and be one and done AGAIN. And that'll be enough to earn him another four years. He has been the HC of the Cowboys longer than anyone not named Landry. Everyone will be pointing to the 11th year.

The Cowboys will win a playoff game this year and Garrett will be rewarded with a 10 year contract.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score

Any takers?

If Zeke can stay out of trouble and the studs on offense stay healthy we have a very good chance of winning the East. I expect Dak to have one or two crap games, and Dez will do his disappearing act a few times, but if we are healthy, 11-5 is reasonable. Feels weird saying it, but I like our coordinators.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Any takers?

I guess anything can happen, but I feel pretty good about Prescott, Elliott this OL and the offense in general. We also still have one of the best (if not the best) kicker in the league.

The defense got rid of some slow guys who proved over years and years of games they couldn't make plays. That's addition by subtraction.

Might not win 13 games again, but we might win 11 or 12 and end up being a better team.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Might not win 13 games again, but we might win 11 or 12 and end up being a better team.

That's pretty much what I'm expecting. They will have a tougher schedule so it will be tough to get to 13 wins again but 11 wins is realistic. With the additions that the Giants and Eagles have already made its likely the Cowboys won't have the NFC East wrapped up as early as they did last year.

Top Bottom