Reaction score
I searched to see if there was a thread on this already and found nothing. But he had shoulder surgery earlier this offseason, which is the second year in a row he's had shoulder surgery.

A Cowboys reporter, Katie Hairapolis or something, tweeted that Crawford still can't bench.

It might be too early to panic, but obvious that isn't a good thing.

This is from PFT right after the surgery I guess

Report: Tyrone Crawford undergoes shoulder surgery

Posted by Zac Jackson on January 26, 2017, 5:37 PM EDT

AP

Cowboys defensive end Tyrone Crawford had shoulder surgery Thursday, Clarence Hill Jr. of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported.

It’s the second straight year Crawford has needed offseason shoulder surgery, though this procedure was on his left shoulder. He had a torn right rotator cuff repaired last year.

The left shoulder injury forced Crawford to miss the final two regular season games, and he played as a backup in the Cowboys’ divisional playoff loss. Crawford had 4.5 sacks in 14 games in 2016 while playing both defensive end and defensive tackle. He led the team in quarterback pressures.

A third-round pick in 2012, Crawford missed his entire second season due to injury but has been a starter for each of the last three seasons. The Cowboys signed him to a five-year extension in 2015.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So Crawford won't be able to play. Is the bad news in the next thread or something?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ya the bad news thread is the one about how we never have cap space because we throw good money at dipshits like head n' shoulders crawford over here and we have some sort of separation anxiety complex about getting rid of him.

five year extension in 2015. ughhhhhhhh. wtf has he done btw to deserve that?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
ya the bad news thread is the one about how we never have cap space because we throw good money at dipshits like head n' shoulders crawford over here and we have some sort of separation anxiety complex about getting rid of him.

five year extension in 2015. ughhhhhhhh. wtf has he done btw to deserve that?

sophisticated cap management, ftw!

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry wont mind losing a bunch of games 49-42. Offense will still sell all kinds of jerseys. BTW how and why is this stiff still getting paid all kinds of money?

Reaction score
Tyrone Crawford he's "not sure" if he'll be ready for OTAs. Still can't do upper body workouts after shoulder surgery.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
So Crawford won't be able to play. Is the bad news in the next thread or something?

HAHA

Well, so it's bad news mixed in with good news. The bad, we'll be on the hook for a non-productive player. The good, he won't be playing. Genius.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Remember a few years ago when he was out for the year and Steve called it "devastating"? Zero even had it in his sig, it was so ridiculous.

Btw, haven't seen ZC in a while. Hope he's ok.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Tyrone Crawford isn’t worried about Dallas defensive defections

By Mike Florio | Mar 18, 2017, 18:18 GMT+00:00

The Cowboys have lost seven defensive players to free agency, including four key members of the secondary. One of the remaning defensive players says he’s not worried about the changes.

“I just trust we have a plan,” defensive lineman Tyrone Crawford said Friday, via Kate Hairopoulos of the Dallas Morning News. “With the defense that we run, [defensive coordinator Rod] Marinelli is going to get a guy in there and he’s going to have him doing the right thing anyway. I’m excited for next year. I’m not worried about what’s happening this offseason. Just excited to get going.”

Crawford is right about Marinelli; he has found a way to get the most out of whoever is on the field. His skills will definitely be tested in the coming season — and the plan could include moving Crawford from the left end position to one of the interior spots.

“Man, I have these questions every offseason,” Crawford said. “I feel I know what I’m about to be doing and things change on me. I’m going to be ready for anything. It is what it is at this point. If I’m a jump around guy, I’m a jump around guy.”

Jump around or not, it’s good that Crawford is still hanging around on a defense that will be dealing with major changes in the 2017 season.

Last edited:

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
He isn't worried because he won't be on the field for very long either.

Top Bottom