Reaction score
Read more at WalterFootball.com: 2017 NFL Mock Draft: Fourth Round

This is who they have us taking....

28 - Dallas Cowboys: Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan

The Cowboys are expected to address their defense with this selection, unless a dynamic receiver happens to fall to them. That's the case here, as Dallas will seriously consider Corey Davis at this juncture. Davis is a talented receiver, but has injuries. Charlie Campbell reported that Davis could drop, as some teams have him in the late first round

60 - Dallas Cowboys: Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida

As mentioned in the first round, the Cowboys are expected to address the defense early and often. Cornerback help will sorely be needed if Morris Claiborne leaves via free agency. As luck would have it, this class is stacked at corner.

92 - Dallas Cowboys: DeMarcus Walker, DE/DT, Florida State

The Cowboys could stand to bolster their pass rush, which tends to be pretty inconsistent. It would help if Randy Gregory could play, but Dallas has to move on, given that he can't stay out of trouble.

133 - Dallas Cowboys: Fish Smithson, S, Kansas

Both Barry Church and J.J. Wilcox happen to be free agents, so here's a potential replacement.

My re-draft, taking only players available when we pick per that mock:

28 - TJ Watt, OLB, Wisconsin
60 - Justin Evans, S, Texas A&M
92 - Jake Butt, TE, Michigan
133 - Ryan Anderson, DE/OLB, Alabama

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Love Corey Davis, but doubt seriously he falls to us and with us re-signing TW, makes it unlikely we pick a WR that early now IMO.

Also love Walker where they have us taking him. Kinda a tweener guy on DL but could play a number of spots (like a Jack or Tyrone Crawford did) but unlike them, he actually gets to and sacks the QB. Huge TFL and sack totals last two years (15.5 and 21.5 TFL's, 10.5 and 16 sacks)

Quincy Wilson would be a nice add at 60.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
This mock is all over the place. No way does Corey Davis fall that far, and no way does DeMarcus Walker make it to our 3rd rounder.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Corey Davis seems like a fine prospect but DE needs to be made a priority with that first rounder. We NEED a pass rush in the worst way. I wouldn't be mad with our first 2 picks going to that DLine.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Corey Davis seems like a fine prospect but DE needs to be made a priority with that first rounder. We NEED a pass rush in the worst way. I wouldn't be mad with our first 2 picks going to that DLine.

I would agree, but at the same time we have to really be careful not to reach and waste the pick.

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score

I know we often place an emphasis on Dline but do you think more specifically DEnd. I hear some people say we need more interior help but Marinelli has really found gems at the Dtackle by signing other players.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I know we often place an emphasis on Dline but do you think more specifically DEnd. I hear some people say we need more interior help but Marinelli has really found gems at the Dtackle by signing other players.

Yea I think DE is the bigger, more obvious need here. But I'll take a pass rush any way we can get it.

I think we're at that point where we need to aggressively address our pass rush.

First round pick needs to be DE. Seems like there's gonna be some good ones available around our pick.

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm going DEnd and Linebacker first two rounds. I'm not big on using early round picks on Defensive Backs. I think you get quality DBs in later rounds.

Reaction score
Same mock idea except this time using NFL Draft - 2017 NFL Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

28 - Forrest Lamp, OG, Western Kentucky

The way I see it, offensive line and running the ball is the bread and butter of this team. It got us 13 wins this year and would've gotten us to the NFCCG if not for horrendous coaching (again). With Leary leaving and Free retiring, that's a lot of attrition. I don't think you can go into next season assuming the line will be as good as it was in 2016. Bring this kid, who by the way in the CBS write up gets compared to Zach Martin, and move Collins to RT. Dak and Zeke and the defense will all be better because of this.

60 - Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida

Might be better suited at safety, which isn't a big deal because our entire secondary needs to be revamped. Great value here.

92 - DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State

Improves our pass rush and a talent infusion. Likely won't be available for us in the third but both Walterfootball and CBS has him here so fuck it.

133 - Dede Westbrook, WR

Deep threat that can take the top off the defense that this offense so desperately needs.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
If we draft a fucking G at 28 in this draft I will more than likely lose my shit.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Yea, I'm not really feeling that shit either.

28 is too high to address that position for me. Like rounds 2 and 3 tho.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Lamp is going to be a really good player and might be good value at 28, but he'd have to be rated WAY higher than anyone else at another position for me to be ok with taking him. That said, Lamp does appear to have probowl potential as a G down the road, and drafting probowlers is not a bad thing.

You're also then pretty much set on Collins playing RT, and its possible he might struggle there. I guess if he did or lost the starting job to Green or someone else it wouldn't be a big deal, he's on a minimum wage type rookie deal anyway and we own his rights for another year after this contract runs out. (will be RFA after 2017 season)

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Lamp is going to be a really good player and might be good value at 28, but he'd have to be rated WAY higher than anyone else at another position for me to be ok with taking him. That said, Lamp does appear to have probowl potential as a G down the road, and drafting probowlers is not a bad thing.

You're also then pretty much set on Collins playing RT, and its possible he might struggle there. I guess if he did or lost the starting job to Green or someone else it wouldn't be a big deal, he's on a minimum wage type rookie deal anyway and we own his rights for another year after this contract runs out. (will be RFA after 2017 season)

It's looking like they will do the same thing with La'el Collins that they did with Leary. Put a 1st round tender on him next off season (know no one will give up a 1st for him). He'd be on a 1 year deal basically. Then when he leaves as a FA after the 2018 season we get a comp pick.

Lamp would be an interesting pick. I think they take a guard around the 4th round though.

Top Bottom