Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
On twitter, he says he is "hanging up the cleats" for his long term mobility and health.

myimagehost

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Thank god. Didnt want him hanging on for a check, embarrassing himself in the process, and contributing nothing in the 6-8 games he would actually play. Already pissed money away on Nolan Carroll.

Reaction score
Loved the player, and what he brought to this team. He was a beast. Wish he broke the single season sack record. He had a chance a few times.

Also glad he was able to get a ring, even if it wasn't with this dysfunctional franchise.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Good for DWare.

Great player, class act on and off the field.

Cinch HOF, maybe on 1st ballot

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He is 3rd all time in sacks per game

The other 2 ahead of him are already in the HOF

He better be a first ballot HOFer

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Got an update saying Cowboys have reached out to Ware about signing a 1 day contract so he can retire as a Cowboy. Not sure what his response was.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just read that too

I don't have much respect for Jerry and the front office

But that was a fucking great gesture on his part

D Ware might not want fuck all to do with this organization but I do like that the offer was extended

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Got an update saying Cowboys have reached out to Ware about signing a 1 day contract so he can retire as a Cowboy. Not sure what his response was.
I'd tell him to shove it.

"Thanks for wasting the best 9 years of my career you old tosser."

Last edited:
Reaction score

I'm not a big fan of this ceremonial gesture shits. He's already announced his retirement, it'd be doubly corny to sign a one day contract to announce his retirement again.

He'll always be remembered as a Cowboy to me, but he got his ring as a Bronco.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Was kinda hoping we'd grab him to be a situational pass rusher and mentor to some of these younger guys on the team. Someone needs to teach DLaw some moves already.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones released a statement on the retirement of the franchise's all-time leader in sacks, DeMarcus Ware: "DeMarcus was everything we could have ever wanted in a player, a person and a representative of the Cowboys organization. He was one of the most dominant NFL players at his position in his era, and he was one of the most dynamic players in the history of the Dallas Cowboys. We wish nothing but the best for DeMarcus and his family, and we appreciate and respect his contributions to the NFL and to our team."

Top Bottom