Reaction score
By SportsDayDFW.com Contact SportsDayDFW.com on Twitter: @SportsDayDFW

After getting brutally burned by Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant early on in his career, Giants cornerback Janoris Jenkins now thinks he's got 88's number.

All it took was a little bit of film study, he said. And now he's got Bryant's tendencies down to a T. And 2016's results look to be in his favor. In Dallas' two matchups against New York, Bryant had a combined two catches for 18 yards.

OK, Janoris, what's the secret?

"I played better than he played," Jenkins told 105.3 The Fan last week.

"For real, though, to be honest, when you look at film and break down your opponents and the receivers that you're facing, you notice what they like to do. Take away the slant and the dig, and when they get in 21 personnel and Dez is inside the number, you take away the corner post, he doesn't have nothing else."

Jenkins had a pretty impressive list of Bryant's supposed tendencies fresh in his head: When to watch for a fade, when to look for the dig, when to deny a slant-and-go.

Wait. Scratch that last one.

"It might be a stutter-and-go. Ain't no slant-and-go," Jenkins said. "I ain't never seen him run a real post route.

"Everything's got to be a double move to get him open because he's not fast."

And Jenkins says he's not worried that playing off Bryant's tendencies will get him baited into another nasty burn like this.

NY Giants to hand out $62.5 million contract for a CB Cowboys Dez Bryant once destroyed https://t.co/aaGNqjOyXK pic.twitter.com/kxh5fpnCJM
— SportsDayDFW (@SportsDayDFW) March 10, 2016​
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNOVA6DFzWk&feature=player_embedded

"Not from what I've seen," Jenkins told the station. "You've got to understand when I was in St. Louis, I was young. I'd never saw the plays, I'd never saw the formations. I didn't know who I was going against. I just knew they were good and I was OK.

"I learned to break down film study. Break down each person you're going against, learn what they do. And it'll show up because you play them twice a year. So you see repeated plays and you're going to see it on film when you watching them play another team. Oh, a slant coming here, dig coming here, fade ball coming here."

And Jenkins says he isn't shy about letting Dez or anyone else know that he sees what's coming.

"I let everybody know. 'Man you're not gonna catch this corner post on me!' "

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
He's not fast, and only runs 3 routes. The guy is almost as overrated as Andrew Luck. We don't need Dez.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Guy is a 5 to 7 million dollar a year player who has peaked and is on the decline. Will be 29 next year and is injury prone. What could possibly go wrong?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
but he can still beat stiffs like LaDarius Gunter, so we have that going for us :rolleyes

Top Bottom