6. Green Bay Packers @ 3. Atlanta Falcons
5. New York Giants @ 4. Detroit Lions

Key week 16 matchups:

New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles
Minnesota Vikings @ Green Bay Packers
Atlanta Falcons @ Carolina Panthers
Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks
Detroit Lions @ Dallas Cowboys

HUGE game on MNF. Lions need it more than us, but its still critical for us as well.

A lot of divisional games these last two weeks so there's a lot that can happen still. Division games are always unpredictable.

Outside looking in:

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (8-6)
8. Washington Redskins (7-6-1)
9. Minnesota Vikings (7-7)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Fix your post asshole. Tampa is in the playoffs right now ahead of Green Bay according to ESPN.

Wins tie break over Green Bay based on best win percentage in common games.

That said, it appears that Green Bay is going to win the division. I think they'll beat Detroit to end the season (that game is probably going to be flexed to SNF) and Green Bay is likely to beat Minnesota at home this weekend.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
2016 NFL Playoff Standings - Nation Football League

Tie breaker 3 below.

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.
1.If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
2.If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs
1.Head-to-head, if applicable.
2.Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
3.Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
4.Strength of victory.
5.Strength of schedule.
6.Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
7.Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
8.Best net points in conference games.
9.Best net points in all games.
10.Best net touchdowns in all games.
11.Coin toss.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
ESPN hosed me. They have the above on their website, then this column is on their website too. LOL

6. Green Bay Packers (8-6). Well, would you look at this? Four wins in a row since Aaron Rodgers talked about running the table, and the Packers actually control their own playoff destiny. If they win their remaining two games, the second of which is Jan. 1 in Detroit, Green Bay will be the NFC North champion. As of right now, the Packers hold the teensiest of tiebreakers on Tampa Bay for the No. 6 seed. Same record, conference record, common-opponent record and same strength of victory. Green Bay finally gets the edge when the tiebreakers get to strength of schedule, and even that's razor-thin. But again... keep winning, and they're in.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
From the same column as above, memo to ESPN, 8-6 is not behind 7-6-1

Slipping: Sunday night's loss was a tough one for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (8-6), who now sit a full game behind Atlanta in the division race and behind Washington and tied with Green Bay in the wild-card race. But Washington's loss Monday gave Tampa Bay back control of its own destiny. If the Bucs win their last two, they'll be in... And that was a lousy loss for Washington (7-6-1), which had the No. 6 seed for another week if it had won. If you want in the playoffs, you win that game at home against a Carolina team with nothing left to play for.

Reaction score
Giants and Atlanta clinched spots.

Seattle losing key player to injury.

Can both wild cards come from the East or is the loser of the North getting one?

Reaction score
With the Seattle loss, if the Falcons beat the Saints next weekend, they'll be the No. 2 overall seed in the NFC & have a first-round bye

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Holy smokes....Mariota out, Carr out, Tanehill out, Houston playing their 2nd string QB who mustered 13 passing yards int he first half. What the fuck is going on. New England should just print their Superbowl tickets.

Reaction score
Kansas City might put up a fight, but yeah it's looking like it's the Patriots in another Super Bowl.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think Pitt could challenge NE.

In the NFC I really feel we're going to walk in. Probably walk away with the whole thing.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
In the NFC I really feel we're going to walk in. Probably walk away with the whole thing.

Really? I worry about shootout and/or a real good defensive team that would expose a rookie QB. I think a team like the Packers or Atlanta, or even a team like the Giants could give us trouble.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Packers probably could if Rodgers plays like he has lately. When we got them before he wasn't himself.

But I don't see any of these defenses standing up to us, especially Atlanta's. And I don't see the Giants beating us three times in a year.

And really, our defense has been playing well enough that we haven't had to worry about shootouts.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And really, our defense has been playing well enough that we haven't had to worry about shootouts.

I guess if you believe in the D anything is possible. But the D won't hold up every game. We've seen the D bail out the O but not really the O bailing out the D in a shootout. I'm not sure this team is built for that, or at least not with Dak at QB.

Top Bottom