Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And seems to desire something bad happening to him, so Romo can play.

Jerry Jones thinks Tony Romo will return as the Cowboys' backup QB in 2017 | FOX Sports

"I think Romo is going to get his opportunity," Jones said. "I don't want it to happen. But I think he may get his opportunity to get us a Super Bowl. While that's a mixed bag when I think about it — that means you don't have Dak out there — but it means, what a story, one for the ages, if he'd step in there and this year help us win a Super Bowl on the field with his skill. That can happen here. We're not talking about a bus driver out there. We're talking about a guy who can go out there and move our team."
Jerry longs for the day when Romo can once again get right on the cusp of total success, then choke and shit the bed like always.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
"500 guys could quarterback this team." -- Jerry Jones

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
"It's been kind of boring this year. It's much more entertaining and better for the fans if we throw a couple of very poorly timed picks and we just haven't had that excitement this year." -- Jerry Jones

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
"But I think he may get his opportunity to get us a Super Bowl"

Like he hasn't had that fucking opportunity for the last ten miserable fucking years. His time is PASSED! It's DAK'S team now! The fact that this drunken fuck is even thinking this way proves he wishes it will happen, hopes it will happen.

Would serve this piece of shit right if he got what he wanted but it ends with bonehead picks, dumb decisions, and finally a paraplegic Romo.

This fuck can't help himself, he's just GOT to sabotage it.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I can't believe he said something so monumentally stupid. Basically calling Dak a "bus driver" and predicting that he'll get hurt. Way to sow seeds of doubt in your rookie QB's mind.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I can't believe he said something so monumentally stupid. Basically calling Dak a "bus driver" and predicting that he'll get hurt. Way to sow seeds of doubt in your rookie QB's mind.
Jerry never learned what Jimmy knew and demonstrated, about using the media to speak to the team. Because Jerry doesn't understand chemistry or motivation.

And yeah maybe I am guilty of hyperbole, interpreting what he said the way I am - more likely he is calling typical back-up quarterbacks "bus drivers" and not Dak - but really, what's that say about HIM? Makes it little wonder we couldn't still win games without Romo last year - treat them as bus drivers and bus driving is the best you'll get. And that's also why we got worse than that. Remember a lot of us were screaming that they should just turn these guys loose last year and let them play? Instead of limiting the offense so greatly like they did?

DakAttack

Spectator
Reaction score
I don't think he was referring to Dak as a bus driver....you even agree and say so in your post. But hey your thread title sounds real juicy and will get you all them clicks you want.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But hey your thread title sounds real juicy and will get you all them clicks you want.
I don't give a shit about clicks. I DO give a shit about this drunken idiot once again flapping his cockholster about really stupid shit, right in the middle of a 11 game winning streak.

And it doesn't matter what you, me or anyone else thinks about what he said - the important thing is what Dak thinks he said.

And there's no way around it, Jerry is entertaining a fantasy here. A fantasy is a desire - which means he really does desire Dak to get hurt, so Romo can have another shot!

Reaction score
Every time he opens his mouth he says something moronic. There is no good way to try to elaborate about how you want the QB situation to play out. Even this, he thought he was paying Romo a compliment, he said he didn't want it to happen. Then he basically predicts a Dak injury. It's not good for either of them.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Then he basically predicts a Dak injury.
Actually wishes for one, otherwise he doesn't entertain the thought.

Add to that, he might as well have said "It will be great if Dak takes us to a Super Bowl win, but not nearly as great as if it were TONY!"

Because if Dak did it, it wouldn't be "one for the ages."

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think he was referring to Dak as a bus driver....you even agree and say so in your post. But hey your thread title sounds real juicy and will get you all them clicks you want.

no one in their right mind thinks Romo is a bus driver, so why did Jerry have to emphasize that he isn't one. he was implicitly drawing a comparison to the guy currently under center.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Jerry wants another Super Bowl but if he gets it with Dak he knows that the whole world will know he got it because of blind luck. If Tony can get the win then Jerry can say thats his guy. If it happens with Dak, its just that the team got really lucky missing out on all the other QB's they wanted and finally had to take Dak by default.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry wants another Super Bowl but if he gets it with Dak he knows that the whole world will know he got it because of blind luck. If Tony can get the win then Jerry can say thats his guy. If it happens with Dak, its just that the team got really lucky missing out on all the other QB's they wanted and finally had to take Dak by default.

Yet another jeri lie if he plans to take credit for finding Romo. jeri couldn't tell the difference between Romo and a pile of steaming dog shit if it wasn't for Sean Payton & Bill Parcells

jeri brings absolutely nothing to the table as GM, except an incessant stream of nonsense that endlessly spews from his slobbering pie hole

Last edited:

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
With his chronic diarrhea of mouth and love of looking at his mug on tv or photos, I can only conclude Jerry was a woman in a prior life. Mother fucker can never just shut his pie hole and leave well enough alone.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

Fortunately Dak is used to not worrying about headlines and what people say about him.

Most people in the DFW media alone predicted that it would take him a few years to be ready to start and he's already proven them wrong.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Every time he opens his mouth he says something moronic. There is no good way to try to elaborate about how you want the QB situation to play out. Even this, he thought he was paying Romo a compliment, he said he didn't want it to happen. Then he basically predicts a Dak injury. It's not good for either of them.

when i first started reading this I thought you were talking about Doomsday.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
He did not call Dak a bus driver. That is a reach even for you, Dooms. Jesus Christ.

Reaction score
I doubt any of these new players give two shits about what Jerry says. Fans of the team are hypersensitive bc he ruined football for us for the last 20 years.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i believe dak rolls his eyes at the shit jerry says. remember jerry saying dak is the daddy because he used a stiff arm? and dak reacted like ok i don't know what this old man is talking about.

Top Bottom