Reaction score
@NFLChareanWilliams
The Cowboys' nine victories are over teams with a combined 31-58-2 record. The Cowboys' final six opponents have a 35-24-1 record.

The Packers are a shit team this year. The AFC North is having an uncharacteristically shitty season.

Is this just like 2014 where we're beating a bunch of bad teams and not nearly as good as our record indicates?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
@NFLChareanWilliams
The Cowboys' nine victories are over teams with a combined 31-58-2 record. The Cowboys' final six opponents have a 35-24-1 record.

The Packers are a shit team this year. The AFC North is having an uncharacteristically shitty season.

Is this just like 2014 where we're beating a bunch of bad teams and not nearly as good as our record indicates?

Packers were 3-1 when the Cowboys' faced them. Can only play who you play. Nobody expected the Cowboys to beat the Packers at Lambeau and with a rookie QB.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The 58 losses is skewed somewhat because the Browns, Niners and Bears only have 3 wins between them. 0-10, 1-9 and 2-8 I believe.

Our other 6 wins are against Washington, Philly, Green Bay, Baltimore, Pittsburgh & Cinci

You can only play who's on the schedule. The other NFC East teams have the exact same schedule we have except for San Fran and Tampa.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not to mention that 9 of those 58 losses were issued by us. Pittsburgh is a better team than their record and so is Baltimore.

The NFC East is solid this year, if we win the division it will be because we beat good teams.

Seattle is the only NFC team that scares me. I just want us to stay ahead of them to avoid playing in their house, the best home field advantage in the NFL. As far as the Super Bowl, I would truly only fear the Patriots. Brady vs this defense and Belichick vs Garrett are huge mismatches.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
a last place schedule + the AFCN being down on its luck makes us look better than we really are.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not to mention that 9 of those 58 losses were issued by us. Pittsburgh is a better team than their record and so is Baltimore.

Exactly. If the Cowboys had lost t both teams... those teams would have winning records.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Seattle is the only NFC team that scares me. I just want us to stay ahead of them to avoid playing in their house, the best home field advantage in the NFL. As far as the Super Bowl, I would truly only fear the Patriots. Brady vs this defense and Belichick vs Garrett are huge mismatches.

Why? Cowboys seems to play better in Seattle. Were the only team to beat the Seahawks in Seattle in 2014. No team seems to match up with the Seahawks as good as the Cowboys.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
a last place schedule + the AFCN being down on its luck makes us look better than we really are.

Truth of the matter, Cowboys don't have a last place schedule. A last place team that had to face both the Packers and Steelers on the road. Still has to face a Bucs team that is vying for the division, and is in the hunt for a WC. Bucs are no pushover.

Reaction score
The fact that every NFC East team has a winning record, despite each of them being very flawed, gives me more reason to think our 9-1 record is somewhat of a mirage.

Not saying we're not a good team. We obviously are. But idk if we're a powerhouse team like our record indicates.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Fuck Seattle. We will beat them at home or away. Everyone needs to get off their nuts.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The fact that every NFC East team has a winning record, despite each of them being very flawed, gives me more reason to think our 9-1 record is somewhat of a mirage.

Not saying we're not a good team. We obviously are. But idk if we're a powerhouse team like our record indicates.

Is any team the powerhouse team that their record indicates?

8 straight games with 400+ yards of offense. What the fuck more do you want?

I get it, you don't want to get your hopes up, and have them dashed, and if Romo was starting, I would understand that. Just enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Seahawks and Pats both seem to be better teams, so I don't think our record accurately reflects our league standing.

It's been a down year for lots of traditionally good teams, so if we are gonna sneak through, this is the perfect opportunity.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Here's a fun fact for you guys. . .

Garrett is still the head coach. You think he can make it 3 games in a row without fucking shit up in the playoffs? Doubtful. Enjoy the regular season, boys and girls.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Obviously we benefitted from getting SF, but Tampa Bay could end up winning the NFC South. Those are the only two games determined by a "last place schedule"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Maybe you'd be more impressed if all the NFCE team were 3-7 or 4-6

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No. not at all.

Im just saying some people need to put the breaks on the SB talk.

We just need to worry about getting to the playoffs and winning the NFCE first.

I really worry about our defense because they don't rush the passer or make any plays and they give up yards in droves. They put immense pressure on the offense to be almost perfect. But the fact is the offense has been able to carry the team and if we keep games close our OL and our kicker are huge weapons.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I really worry about our defense

Me too, I feel it will be their demise. Too bad none of the gambles on Gregory, Jaylon, McClain or Hardy paid off & will be around to give the D some juice this season.

Top Bottom