bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Ravens_helmet.jpg

gotta stockpile wins before the schedule turns tougher

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't see Baltimore as an easy game, they could be a tough matchup for us, especially if we get no pressure at all on Flacco and he gets in some sort of groove. They do have decent WR's

Their defense is going to be challenging as well. Add in coming off the hugely emotional road win vs Pitt and the Philly win 3 weeks ago and I can definitely see this game being very close.

Hope we shit stomp them like we did Cleveland but I am not expecting it.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm more worried about this game than I was for the Steeler game. Not sure why. But this game has me a little worried. We've been on a record setting win streak for the organization so maybe that's what's worrying me

I'm still picking the Cowboys.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't see Baltimore as an easy game, they could be a tough matchup for us, especially if we get no pressure at all on Flacco and he gets in some sort of groove. They do have decent WR's

Their defensive is going to be challenging as well. Add in coming off the hugely emotional road win vs Pitt and the Philly win 3 weeks ago and I can definitely see this game being very close.

Hope we shit stomp them like we did Cleveland but I am not expecting it.

Me too, I think they'll be tough to beat. The defense is pretty good and I'm sure Suggs will give Dak some issues. Dallas D's injuries are adding up, they don't put enough pressure on the QB and I think Flacco is good enough to exploit the beat up secondary given the time he'll likely have in the pocket.

Last edited:

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Baltimore is the real #1 D against the run, not like the imposter Packers. Zeke's going to earn his yards Sunday.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yea I'm expecting a tougher game. Baltimore's front 7 is for real. I expect Dak to be under a lot of pressure in this game. Honestly this game might be a lot like the Philly game.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Since the franchise moved to Baltimore in 1996, the Ravens have never allowed an opponent to average more than four yards per carry in any of their 20 seasons, which is an NFL record.

IIUC, thats a staggering stat.

Is this saying that no team has ever rushed for an average of more than 4 yards per carry in any game over the last 20 years?

If so, that seems amazingly impossible

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yeah it is a twisted statistic when i took the 5 minutes to look into it.

i think they're going by the yards per carry allowed as a team defense for the entire year, not per game or anything.

using espn's website, i went through the team stats and here's what i got.

ravens opponents yards-per-carry by year:

2016 3.3 (so far)
2015 4.0
2014 3.6
2013 3.8
2012 4.0
2011 3.5
2010 3.9
2009 3.4
2008 ??? no stats for on espn
2007 2.8
2006-and beyond they didn't have stats for on espn

i don't know what the league average is per year though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
IIUC, thats a staggering stat.

Is this saying that no team has ever rushed for an average of more than 4 yards per carry in any game over the last 20 years?

If so, that seems amazingly impossible

No, for the season.

Its still an unbelievable accomplishment.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Sean Lee is about due for an injury. Probably this game.

If he doesn't though wouldn't it be about time to remove that injury prone label? It would be 2 full years that's he's played without any serious injuries. He also likely makes the pro bowl again if he continues to play the way he has and if he remains healthy.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Well we're due so there is that.

Only franchise Cowboys have never beaten.

0-4 vs Ravens since starting their franchise in 1996.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ravens don't consider Dak Prescott a rookie quarterback anymore

Dak Prescott has thrown 14 touchdown passes and just two interceptions this season. Ronald Martinez/Getty Images

Nov 19, 2016

Jamison Hensley
ESPN Staff Writer

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- The Baltimore Ravens haven't lost to a rookie quarterback in three seasons, which should be of particular interest for Sunday's game against Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys.

The only problem is, the Ravens think it's unfair to put that label on Prescott.

“I don’t know after nine games if he is considered a rookie anymore," Ravens defensive coordinator Dean Pees said. "This guy has seen a bunch of stuff now. They played three divisional teams that you know throw everything at them that they can throw at them, and nobody has rattled him. I don’t think of him -- don’t even look at him -- as a rookie. I look at him just as another quarterback that’s an excellent, excellent talent."

Prescott is in the midst of one of the finest seasons by a rookie -- or should that be first-year -- quarterback. His 82.5 QBR is better than any rookie over the past decade, and that includes Andrew Luck, Cam Newton and Matt Ryan.

Since at least 1950, Prescott is the only rookie quarterback with 14-plus passing touchdowns and two or fewer interceptions in his first nine games, according to the NFL. Prescott is also the first rookie since Russell Wilson in 2012 to throw multiple touchdown passes in four straight games.

Ravens defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan agrees that Prescott doesn't look like a rookie.

"He is a big kid on top of that, and he is strong. He can run," Jernigan said. "They are doing a great job at putting him in positions to make plays. He definitely has to be accounted for.”

While most of the attention has centered on the Ravens' No. 1 run defense, their pass defense is ranked No. 5 in the league. The Ravens have plenty of veteran leadership with linebacker Terrell Suggs crashing the edge and safety Eric Weddle roaming the back of the secondary.

Baltimore can pressure the quarterback. The defense has recorded 11 sacks over the past three games. The Ravens also can take the ball away. Their 11 interceptions are tied for second most in the NFL.

Now, the Ravens will find out if they can make Prescott look like a young quarterback Sunday.

"If this was going to be his first game starting, I would say, 'OK, we have a rookie quarterback coming in,'" Pees said. "But not when you’re 8-1 and he’s taken them all the way. And the way they have demolished some people, I don’t look at him at all as a rookie."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What's on the menu for game day gais!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ravens inactives: Jimmy Smith, Asa Jackson, Lorenzo Taliaferro, Elvis Dumervil, Ryan Jensen, Alex Lewis, Crockett Gillmore

Cowboys inactives: Mark Sanchez, Morris Claiborne, Darius Jackson, Barry Church, Mark Nzeocha, Chaz Green, Benson Mayowa.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Good start so far.

Looks like the offense and defense could use smelling salts.

Top Bottom