dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Probably done for the year.

But bringing back Rod Smith? :facepalm

Geoff Swaim suffers torn pectoral muscle

Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys will be without tight end Geoff Swaim, who, according to sources, is likely facing surgery on a torn pectoral muscle after Sunday’s win against Pittsburgh.

Swaim suffered the injury in the first half, but his absence creates an issue on the Cowboys’ roster because of how much the Cowboys like to employ a two-tight end set with Jason Witten and Swaim. Swaim entered the Steelers game having played 196 snaps compared to just 29 for Gavin Escobar.

Swaim has just six catches for 69 yards, but has been a key part of the running-game success.

Veteran James Hanna is on the physically unable to perform list after having knee surgery in training camp, but he is not yet ready to practice. He had developed into the Cowboys’ second tight end the past two seasons.

Rico Gathers is on the practice squad, but a year ago at this time he was playing basketball at Baylor. Before getting drafted in the sixth round by the Cowboys, he had not played football since the eighth grade.

The Cowboys will likely have to find a veteran available in free agency, however, one possibility could be calling up fullback Rod Smith from the practice squad. He was on the 53-man roster for the first seven games of the season.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Could bring back Austin Traylor, who was impressive in training camp and preseason. Currently on Patriots practice squad. Can't see them promoting him to the 53 man roster so should be poachable.

Reaction score
I watch most of the nationally televised games. Don't pay for directv or go out of my way to watch games like I used to.

I just can't rue losing a virtual nobody.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I watch most of the nationally televised games. Don't pay for directv or go out of my way to watch games like I used to.

I just can't rue losing a virtual nobody.

Swaim has been pretty effective this year as the 2nd TE/blocker. It isn't the end of the world but its a loss.

Reaction score
Swaim has been pretty effective this year as the 2nd TE/blocker. It isn't the end of the world but its a loss.

Well, any injury hurts a team. I will say, we've been pretty fortunate on the injury front this year. Losing Dez hurt but Dez isn't much more than a slightly above average receiver anymore. Losing Romo was a blessing in disguise, and honestly it was a matter of when considering his history.

Just saying we've been pretty fortunate this year with injuries. We're 10 weeks in and considering the health of our team, I can't get too up in arms over losing a back up TE.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, any injury hurts a team. I will say, we've been pretty fortunate on the injury front this year. Losing Dez hurt but Dez isn't much more than a slightly above average receiver anymore. Losing Romo was a blessing in disguise, and honestly it was a matter of when considering his history.

Just saying we've been pretty fortunate this year with injuries. We're 10 weeks in and considering the health of our team, I can't get too up in arms over losing a back up TE.

LOL...Wat?

Reaction score
LOL...Wat?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

You trollin, drunk or just plain retarded?

Offense: Romo and Hanna haven't played a single game, Tyron Smith, Lael Collins, Chaz Green, and Dez Bryant all missed multiple games.
Defense: Tapper not a single down played, Scandrick, Claiborne, Church all missed multiple games. I think Irving missed a game too.

I wouldn't say we've been "fortunate" in terms of how many games missed we have so far. We were "fortunate" that Prescott worked out the way he did, that Chaz Green played well for Tyron Smith and that we didn't trade Leary.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Could bring back Austin Traylor, who was impressive in training camp and preseason. Currently on Patriots practice squad. Can't see them promoting him to the 53 man roster so should be poachable.

Yea I'd definitely prefer they sign Traylor than bring Smith back up. Traylor is a strong blocker and would add the wealth of blocking on that OL.

Reaction score
You trollin, drunk or just plain retarded?

Offense: Romo and Hanna haven't played a single game, Tyron Smith, Lael Collins, Chaz Green, and Dez Bryant all missed multiple games.
Defense: Tapper not a single down played, Scandrick, Claiborne, Church all missed multiple games. I think Irving missed a game too.

I wouldn't say we've been "fortunate" in terms of how many games missed we have so far. We were "fortunate" that Prescott worked out the way he did, that Chaz Green played well for Tyron Smith and that we didn't trade Leary.

I addressed Romo.

You're bitching because Hanna (scrubs) hasn't played a game. Tapper (complete unknown, potential scrub) hasn't taken a snap. Chaz Green :lol JFC you're reaching deep.

The injuries we've sustained to Collins and Romo were at positions were deep at. Hasn't been a drop off at all.

Scandrick injury sucks. But Claiborne and Church? Come on guy - they have been perennial bag of dick players.

Overall we've been very fortunate.

Please respond back telling me how we're so unlucky because omg we lost Charles Fucking Tapper!!!

Gay ass motherfucker you are.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I addressed Romo.

He's still a probowl caliber QB who's missed the entire season though

You're bitching because Hanna (scrubs) hasn't played a game. Tapper (complete unknown, potential scrub) hasn't taken a snap. Chaz Green :lol JFC you're reaching deep.

Hanna is a nice backup TE. Nothing special, but he blocks well. Tapper would have been far better than Jack Crawford or Mayowa at DE. Chaz Green played 2 1/2 really solid games at LT in place of Tyron Smith, if he hadn't gotten hurt (again) he might be starting ahead of Free (or at least splitting time). Having Emmett Cleary as the #1 backup T right now should be worrisome to everyone.

The injuries we've sustained to Collins and Romo were at positions were deep at. Hasn't been a drop off at all.

Everyone panicked and thought the season was over when Romo went down, and everyone wanted Leary traded for something, ANYTHING. While we are fortunate to have the miracle in Dak Prescott and held onto Leary, the two guys they replaced are still injured players.

Scandrick injury sucks. But Claiborne and Church? Come on guy - they have been perennial bag of dick players.

Claiborne and Church have both been good THIS year. Yes, they were liousy before then, but all that matters is whats going on THIS year, and both were greatly missed vs Pittsburgh

Overall we've been very fortunate.

Not many teams can say they've lost the caliber of players we did in Romo, Dez, Tyron Smith and even Scandrick (if he were his normal self) and still be 8-1.

Please respond back telling me how we're so unlucky because omg we lost Charles Fucking Tapper!!!

Again, would have been able to do more than Jack Crawford and Mayowa. At least Tapper does have some physical talent.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Mid is right. We haven't lost any important players other than Tyron for, what a couple of games and Dez for a few. Losing spares doesn't hurt much. Get to me when we lose him for a longer period, Frederick, Sean Lee, Zeke, or Sean Lee. Even Witten.

Every team is missing a lot of players these days. There are simply more injuries these days, especially with the concussion concerns. But it's the really great players that make the difference.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
According to mangameslost.com we rank 14th in the league in most games missed. NYG and Washington are right behind us (they have slightly fewer games missed) and Philadelphia ranks last in the lague (they are the most healthy) in games missed.

San Diego, New Orleans and Baltimore rank 1-2-3 in most games missed.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Hanna had surgery for a bone bruise (not acl or mcl) in fucking August. what's the hold up?

Top Bottom