Reaction score
On offense, Dak and Zeke and the players who are grinding out series after series, are just getting started. Everything is still fairly new. I can't imagine what happens when Dak and Zeke et al have more experience with the read option, the play action, and especially the RBs in the passing game.

As great as the players are doing, Zeke, Dez, Morris, and Brice Butler are not even being used much in the passing game. Certainly you could argue that Dez is a decoy. But it seems like Beasley's quick patterns, Whitehead running, Witten's resurrection (on pace to have a statistical output like 2013), and then Dak and Zeke giving the offense an entirely new look, Dez needs a new role as well. Garrett said last year that he likes to have at least one deep pattern player (Miles Austin used to run the deep decoy) in his pass patterns. Maybe Dez has that role now, but I think once Linehan figures how to connect Dez to Dak, it's goin to get dangerous.

On defense, Collins is only going to get better. That sack on Kessler looked like more like a tractor trailer hitting a fawn on the Autobahn. Brown should have that interception, that's only going to improve. This defense is not dominant but they have proven to play scrappy. Sometimes being playing scrappy and inspired is all it takes. Still Collins, Brown, Jaylon Smith, and Byron Jones are signs that the defensive drought may have some rain clouds on the horizon.

The dangerous truth is that ths team is 7-1 and just getting started.

Reaction score
Jimmy said yesterday that Dallas has not yet played it's best football this season. That was similar to statements he made about the 1992 Cowboys team as coach as they were starting to dominate the NFL. He was right. 52-17 was the result.

As for a deep threat WR, Dez ain't it. That is really the only thing missing from the offense.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
All I know is, I'm about to go full bore homer, and trust me, that side of me will disgust all of you.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Just don't be sexual about it. Please.

This is going to be me if we make the NFCC.

giphy.gif

Reaction score
You guys are ridiculous.

For three + quarters, Dak looked like a mess against a mediocre Eagles team. We've lost to a mediocre Giants team, should've lost to a mediocre Redskins team, fell behind double digits against a putrid 9'ers team. We've beaten a whole bunch of nobodies. Green Bay might be our most impressive win, but Rodgers is playing like crap.

Being 7-1 is impressive. And there's cause to be excited. But lets ease on the '92 Cowboys comparisons ffs. Regardless of what anyone says, we're not going to play better this year than we are right now. It's a matter of whether or not we can sustain it.

Top Bottom