Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dak Prescott to start for Cowboys vs. Eagles in Week 8 - NFL.com

Dak Prescott to start for Cowboys vs. Eagles in Week 8

The Dallas Cowboys won't rock the boat after their bye.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday Dak Prescott will start Week 8 versus the Philadelphia Eagles, per a source informed of the situation.

Dak Prescott told NFL Network's Jane Slater on Wednesday he hasn't been informed that he will start against the Eagles but said he'd be excited to get another start.

The news doesn't come as a surprise to anyone who watched Prescott through six weeks.

Rapoport noted that Tony Romo might not be physically ready to play versus the Cleveland Browns in Week 9. The Cowboys will be prudent with their 36-year-old quarterback coming off a back injury. Coach Jason Garrett told reporters Wednesday Romo hasn't been cleared for practice, but is throwing more and working on enhancing his core strength.

Health is a convenient excuse for Dallas to keep Romo on the sideline. Even if he were healthy, the Cowboys shouldn't bench Prescott at this point.

The offense is rolling behind a punishing offensive line, Ezekiel Elliott and the sublime play of Prescott. The rookie quarterback frequently throws darts under pressure, displays heady decision making and elusiveness without the tendency to flee the pocket too early.

The stats speak for themselves. Prescott broke Tom Brady's record (162) for most pass attempts without an interception to begin a career, which ended at 176 against Green Bay on Sunday. He earned a passer rating over 100.0 in five of six starts. Prescott has completed 68.7 percent of his passes, second-highest among quarterbacks that started every game this season (Matthew Stafford). His 8.2 yard per attempt average is the fifth highest in NFL. The 7-to-1 TD-to-INT ratio speaks for itself -- only Brian Hoyer has thrown more passes with fewer picks.

The Cowboys might have had a mutiny on their hands if they benched Dak. That won't happen after the bye week.
Somebody showing they have a brain cell working and quashing the "controversy" before letting it get feverish, by making this announcement so early.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So sounds like Dak will also get the start against Cleveland based on that article. I like that they squashed the "controversy" but part of me wishes they had sat on it and made the Eagles have to prepare for 2 QB's.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I'm going to Cleveland. I personally would rather see Dak, but we'll win that one no matter what.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Nice way to allow your franchise QB to save face

This is the first sign that Romo is done

I wish him a long and happy career as Daks QB coach starting next season

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Meh, they could beat Cleveland with Kellen Moore. Leave it to the FO to screw this up somehow.

Reaction score
Brandon George was saying that Dak plays against Eagles but that he was told its Romo vs Cleveland.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Nice

Need one of #21 too

Got one a long time ago..
ezekiel_elliott2_2.jpg

Plus, McFarlane is manufacturing one as well...
p_styl_nflmut2_ELLIOTT_018.jpg

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
WTF is this shit? You friggin queers, do they like to play with your Barbie dolls?

Top Bottom